Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1901) Thomas and Vivian

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Dec 30, 2018 : (1901) Fire and Ice Formal Court
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
    V
    Vivian York

So he seemed to be in the 'market' per say in any covenant, not staunchly unaligned forever. Yet, she wasn't about to pressure him. So she'd reflect on what she knew. "I wasn't always in the Invictus. I did the same for longer than I probably should have done so. I socialized and attended some of the Acolytes, Lancea items, discussed philosophies with the Dragons, that sort of thing. However, it lead me to where I am now."

"Yes, I know those libraries are utilized to their full extent." Nodding in agreement about Sacramento. "There are also many bookstores around the city as well. Some have quite the eclectic variety."

Thinking and wondering how to word this, she then put it plainly. "Well, after being embraced, a few years of 'my you have hardly aged' really started to hit me and that I should probably relocate." Of course there was far more too it, but that was a small part of it.

The Daeva's eyes lit up when the Oxford building was mentioned. "The Bodleian library is such a place of beauty, a marvel in architectural achievement and has a wonderful flow through the entire building."

"Ahh yes, the recent royal wedding. I feel that Prince Harry finally grew up. He has been quite the wild one for many years. Yet, the military will do that to a person, so will love. It's not even 'just a woman' because it's about both parties and a sacrifice. I've read a lot on the side about his lovely bride. She definitely sacrificed more than she may ever get credit for." Vivian probably had more things to add, yet she kept it tame for now.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

Educated, scholarly, lawyer, scientist.
    Jack's outward demeanor and tone are a baseline of respectful and calculated.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque was delighted to hear of the time Vivian spent with the several Covenants, "If you were to remove a single stone hundreds of thousands of years ago from what is now the Grand Canyon, it would have changed the river's course and altered the landscape to something completely unrecognizable to what you know today. Like the river's path Seneschal, we are but a collection of our experiences. It is easy to be overly critical of one's self in hindsight but do not sell short what you gained from that journey. The time you spent learning and interacting with the various Covenants gave you incredible gifts of wisdom. Each piece of wisdom you gained forged the path before you and is what compels you to now feel as the Invictus was the only ever right choice for you. Without the experience and knowledge to guide you, however, you may have found yourself restrained with doubt and curiosity.. and on a completely different path today."

Shaking his head to step off his 'soap box', "If you are so inclined I would very much enjoy hearing the finer details of your experiences and what ultimately led you to the Invictus. Another time, when and if you have the time to indulge my curiosities of course. Being new to the Domain I do not want to be presumptuous or disrespectful of your time."

Seeing the Daeva's body language as she talked of the library, "So you've been? I don't consider myself a jealous man but here I am, quite envious of you."

"I'm afraid the extent of my knowledge on the subject is limited to the sensationalized headlines the news often ran with at the time. I know there was a bit of strife between her and her father, and her occasional breaks with royal attire but that is the extent of it. I loathe how the media tends to pursue the next juicy gossip piece rather than lay out the facts and let others form their own opinions.", Jacque shrugs his shoulder lightly before adding, "I didn't even realize there was a traditional choice of clothing but the stateside media acted either like she was a travesty or a rebel, depending on the outlet."

Blood Hunt:

V
    Vivian York

Now Vivian wondered if this man before her wasn't embraced into the wrong Family. He sounded like a Mekhet through and through, but was not. He broke the stereotype of the Lords in just one conversation with her. The Daeva very much liked this, it was fascinating beyond reasoning it seemed to her. Yet she contained her interest in that side of him for now.

Her head tilted slightly, "You are absolutely right, Mr. Jack. Much like like the butterfly effect. I nearly gave in years ago, but it was my strict upbringing that swayed me the opposite direction for many years."

The Ventrue was doing neither. She really did not have as much going on as some would think. "Yes, I would love to get together with you outside of an evening like this. I can tell you this, it will probably be very soon.*"

The Daeva rolled one shoulder. "Well, that was many years ago. A library looks different through each persons eyes. I went there for the splendor of the building. Someone who had a passion for books would be taken aback by the glorious stacks and scent of all the paper and binding."

"Yes, the media has blown more things out of proportion in the last twenty years than it has in a century. I remember when the newspaper was the only source of this information. It was years before I would read anything about the Queen herself while I was in Canada. Alas, times have certainly changed."

Chuckling a little louder. "There is in fact protocol for attending a wedding, even attending an evening at Buckingham. There's still old rules such as royal women are not allowed to have bare legs in public. The ridiculousness of it is now absurd. However, until Prince Charles takes the throne, it will not change. Who knows if he would even change it then."

OOC*

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

He actively debates, persuades, negotiates and even at time tries to intimidate, as core skills of any lawyer worth his salt.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque was pleased to hear the meeting would be so soon. He had hoped to make a decent enough first impression with the Seneschal and from the sounds of it he was successful.

With a humble nod of his head, "At your leisure, Seneschal. I look forward to it."

Motioning to the ice sculpture, "In the meanwhile, in case I have any other inspirations may I obtain your contact information from the staff?"

Joining in the chuckle, "I imagine time will tell. On one hand, Prince Charles will face upholding all the rules he has ever known and on the other he can bring the Royal family forward into a more progressive symbol for the future. It will be interesting to watch unfold."

Gazing at the statue and then back to Vivian, "I appreciate your understanding and acceptance of my apology, however, I do feel that I can offer a bit of knowledge that would make me personally feel better about my misstep. The sculpture did spark a very pleasant conversation between myself, Prince Antinori and Sheriff Moretti. At the conclusion of that conversation the Prince indicated that she enjoyed the sculpture but her only regret was that it wasn't permanent. It seems Her Majesty has been trying to add more thoughtful conversation pieces as such to her personal collection. I consider myself to be a fairly good judge of body language so I would venture to say that should someone provide a more permanent version of that sculpture her response would be exceptionally positive."

Offering a smile, "I am still rather new and thus far my contact has been with four of the officials of the court, including yourself. Is there anyone else that you recommend that I meet this evening?"

OOC:

Blood Hunt:

V
    Vivian York

Vivian separated her hands swiftly. "Rubbish, pull out your mobile. I will text you right now." From an unknown and hidden pocket, she pulled out her own cellular phone ready to input a number when he was the ready.

She gazed to the sculpture and then back to Jack. "You know, you just gave me a brilliant idea. Remind me about a very grand present the next time we chat..." The Daeva would leave that ominous, but there was no ill intent.

"I do like the idea of having random conversation pieces. I know when our past Prince left the Domain, for a long time, there was an empty throne that sparked conversation for hours and many months. It was very, very interesting to hear things assumed and spun out of proportion. At one of the Daeva meetings when I was Priscus, I put out various items that had personal meaning for me. They were meant to spark conversation, so I adore these types of little things to make people stop and think."

She ran through the list of people he'd spoke to so far. Then it occurred to her one particular person. Have you met Archon Twist ? She is a Duchess and has resided in the Sacramento Domain the longest of all of us. Vivian indicated with a hand toward the petite Daeva and if she was to look, offered a bow of her head and a friendly wave.

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Grinning while complying with Vivian's order, he pulls out his phone and saves the contact details from the text.

"I am happy I could inspire you, Seneschal. I look forward to hearing of it." Nodding with her story, "I'm curious if it was the throne itself or the vacancy that fueled the conversation. I got the distinct impression that Prince Antinori preferred anonymity at the beginning of our conversation. I do not blame her, as I cannot say for certain that I wouldn't have engaged her any differently knowing her station in the domain."

Following Vivian's hand, "I've only been made aware of who she is. The Archon certainly made an entrance and I noticed that everyone acknowledges her presence with upmost respect. Sheriff Moretti was kind enough to give me the warning to 'never get on her bad side'." Jacque adds while chuckling, "Not that I intend that to be an issue with anyone I encounter during my stay in Sacramento."

Blood Hunt:

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva realized she had just told the Ventrue what to do. It was strange that when stereotypes weren't there, that those nuances of protocol were not either. It wasn't a large deal, but it filtered through her mind briefly.

"I think it was a matter of both, conversation about the Prince who left the city and the throne all alone and empty." Which to this day, Vivian still did not know why Asa left or where he went. Perhaps he eclipsed like some other he mentioned once in passing. "But that's neither here nor there now."

"And of course, I would not have blamed the Prince for not sharing who she was yet. I would do the same in her shoes. Probably more often than not. It's not always 'good to be the King' so they say in the movies. It would be a fun personal game I would enjoy."

"Well, that is why they were bowing and who it was they were bowing too out of respect aside from the Prince." Her brows knitted a little after hearing what Lina said in passing. "I wonder why she would say that." The Daeva chuckled softly. Then it occurred to her that an incident had happened recently and that was probably where the warning came into perspective. "Yes, I've spoke with the Archon before. She is an incredible woman, but probably not catching her ire."

Vivian nodded to Mable Wood , seeing another newer person with the Gangrel. "I wonder if my services are needed again."

Jack
    Striking Looks
    (Handsome)
    Presence
    (Credence)
    Mask of Tranquility
    New Identity
    (Alexander Krait)
    Resources
    Jacque
    Behavior

Goes by Jack.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Jacque nods, "I imagine you see a better idea of who someone is if they aren't inclined to try and impress you."

Following the direction of the nod, "I should probably return to mingling then, despite how much I've enjoyed my short monopoly of your time." Shaking his phone gently before pocketing it, "I will look forward to your summons and the conversation to follow, Seneschal York."

Bowing respectfully, "By your leave."

Unless otherwise held up, Jacque returns to the main scene

Blood Hunt:

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 9

You do not have permission to view the list of names.