Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crone Farm can be accessed from a long dirt driveway that has a few ruts from wear and tear. The driveway is tree lined on the right with little views of fields peaking through. The left side is lined by a dense forest. Part way up the driveway blue lights sparkle in the trees.

There are many sparkling and twinkling blue lights in the wide clearing at the top of the driveway. As she has been here before, Lina would recognize the small one story farm house with a friendly porch.

There is a small tool shed now open with a new farm tractor visible. The two-stall stable has had some changes as if it is being rebuilt.

Mable is quietly sitting on the porch waiting for her guest.

L
    Lina Moretti

Bright light from the headlights of Lina's American muscle rolled up the driveway at a slow speed. Once she got in front of the farmhouse, the car stopped, the lights shut off, and the Sheriff of Sacramento stepped out of the car. She wore sensible athletic shoes, black jeans and a t-shirt under a zipped-up leather jacket. A big knife was sheathed on her left hip.

She'd been meaning to talk to Wood a while now. Perhaps it was for the best that she was here now.

"Priscus Wood. Good to see you."

The Gangrel's powerful Beast was familiar enough, but it still drove spikes of terror into the back of Moretti's lizard brain.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Lina got out of her car. Mable's beast screamed in her head to kill. Mable herself had seen what Lina could do. And knew that would be a foolish move. Instead she pulled her beast in and promised it blood later.

Mable had on her sneakers, running shorts, and a hoodie. "Hi, welcome. Thank you for coming out here."

L
    Lina Moretti

A glance around, heightened senses sweeping the area as she confirmed that there was not some trap waiting here. Contented, the Sheriff flashed a smile at the Gangrel. "Not to worry. So. You wanted to talk tactics. What sort of tactics are you looking to learn about? I'm not a soldier, but I know my way around a fight, for sure."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Come join me on the porch." Mable indicated the chairs. "Well, during the hunter fight, you had me change form and check out the trap and also keep track of the people fleeing so I could alert the snipers. I thought if we could discuss some specifics for future situations it would be helpful. Run a few scenarios, have some plays set-up for emergencies. That sort of thing. For example, if we have some signals set-up for when I am in bat form or wolf form that could prove beneficial."

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti followed her up, finding a seat in one of the chairs and letting herself take a load off for a second. "Oh, yeah, for sure. That was me just... having a hunch, because I knew they were setting this up. It was a honeypot. We just happened to drop Mafia all over it," she replied with an amused smirk. "Also, I didn't like the spot you were in when I saw what we were dealing with. Too open. Too vulnerable. But since you can change it up..."

She made a little flying motion with her hand.

"I think there's some general principles we can discuss, for sure. How do you fight? You just punchy, or...?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Well, it depends... I do box. But claws, I love my claws. I ripped apart two hell hounds when Alice was killed. And I can use a weapon but I like hand to hand." She looked at Lina for a moment, "I am slow though. Too slow. I am not fast like you are. And I am not cleaver, but that can't be fixed."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina blinked twice. "Ain't usually a thing I hear, people telling me about murdering animals, but okay," the Sheriff replied, not necessarily impressed by how that was put but setting it aside for the moment. "I hope the dogs deserved it."

Moving along.

"You've got a wide variety of hand to hand talents and the ability to put yourself where you need to go. It's a good place to start. The rest can be learned, but you've got to think strategically and work on speed with your handwork. The latter is something you gotta train over time, but the former... that, we can work on right now. Because it's about more than killing the other guy. You want to cut off his avenues of killing you while enhancing your advantages."

Her finger pointed in Mable's general direction, then in front of her.

"So, here's some basic thought exercises. Let's say you're fighting some dick with a fire axe. It's big and clunky, but it packs a punch if he tags you with it. You're unarmed or you've got claws, whatever. You got the jump on the guy. What do you do to try to make it so he can't kill you, and why?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"The dogs did deserve it. It was in a fight with the brood." She nodded.

"Ok, well, in boxing it is about getting the other guy unbalanced so he can't land a punch. So, I would do what I could to get him off kilter. I will assume for now that I need to maintain the first. Face to face I would want to get in real close since it the axe needs space to swing."

L
    Lina Moretti

"Eh, you can use whatever superpowers you want. Someone using a big weapon that you can't outpace by darting in and out is quite dangerous. You might want to consider next time you're up against someone like that? You could try grabbing him. Because you're right - the axe needs space to swing. He can't use it when you're grabbing him. You might just shut him down or make it really hard for him to hurt you with it. Then you can claw him up in the cuddle. See what I mean? Little situational tricks."

She gave a little shrug, like it was old hat for her. It wasn't so long ago that she was stuck being a bodyguard for a monster.

"The reverse is also true. Let's say ol' Lina was fighting a Gangrel with claws. Guess what I'm probably not going to do?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread