Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow approaches the Vernal Sovereign. "Your Majesty?" he says,"I should introduce myself. Alfonso Franco, Winter Courtier and Homicide Detective with the Sacramento P.D." he says.

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid had set aside her plate and was clapping for Abraham Norton and his performance.

When she was done she turned and picked up her plate, noticing the crow's approach.

"Hello?"

A ghost of a frown.

"Hello!"

The frown dissolves into a broad smile. The Vernal Sovereign's mantle flairs in a puff of plum aroma, dampened and fuzzed where it interacts with Alfonso's wet wintry mantle.

"Ingrid. Director of the Freehold. I... Cop, you say?"

The Darkling was definitely intrigued now and it showed in her voice and her posture.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

+2
    SL
    PRE

Wrong account. :(

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

Alfonso sighs and smiles, wearily. "That I am." he says. "And a Beast. And Winter. And fairly new to how things work here, since I returned, Director." he says, adopting use of the title she used for herself.

"I hope my being a cop isn't an issue. I can't really help if it is. It seemed to be with the Monarchs of Summer and Autumn. Moreso Summer. I can say that I have no intention of stirring up trouble. If a body shows up, and the City gives me the case, I will try to solve it, Director." he explains, like he's said this before, almost like reading someone their rights.

7. Likes Origins liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Why would you being a cop be an issue? Having an investigator on tap can be really helpful. And it's so good to have someone who has managed to fit back into the world, you know? Way I see it, your profession can only be an asset."

Ingrid paused while she munched on a tasty treat.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

Alfonso nods, "I appreciate the way you see it, Director." he says. "The Winter Queen seems appreciative as well." he states. "I look forward to contributing to the Community safety and stability."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid was starting on another tasty morsel. She managed to get "Coo..." out while she ate.

"I do a bit of the old P.I. work from time to time myself. When I'm not managing the Freehold's finances, you know?"

Nodding, a frown creased her forehead.

"You said that Rhodes and Circe were not warm to your being a cop? Did they say why?"

Her eyes drifted past the crow to where Sonnie Wu was standing neglected and alone under the mistletoe.

"And besides being a cop, what else do you bring? I mean, cop is like day job, right? I mean, will you be keeping an ear out for any tasty rumours that might effect us?"

12. Likes Ruach, Abyssalstar liked this post

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow is perfectly still while Ingrid talks, like he's memorizing everything she says and everything about her.

When she finishes with some questions, he nods in almost a bow. "Investigator. That could give us a common perspective on things, Director." he says, smiling thoughtfully and nodding again slightly.

He actually cocks his head a bit and goes silent when she asks about his evidence for his assertion that the Autumn and Summer Monarchs didn't appreciate his profession. It looks as if he's actually replaying the encounter in his memory.

"They were friendly enough until I mentioned my job." the Crow says. "Then 'Circe' didn't seem to want to be around me or talk to me at all, except for some small comments all aimed at me being a cop. 'Oh yer offerin' protection? Interesting choice of words. But kudos fer not huntin' down club members fer bad IDs or petty shit', that kind of stuff." he says, apparently quoting Circe verbatim, though not imitating her voice.

"As for the Autumn King, he was all business after that. Had me swear I wasn't an agent of the Gentry. Then talked to me more professionally, and not really about anything but the immediate. The friendly, 'get to know you' thing died on the vine."

He looks at Ingrid. "Please don't take any of this as my complaining. I don't want to ruffle feathers, and I don't mean to speak negatively about anyone. I just got the impression that my being a cop made things more...complicated for them; they both got noticeably more, careful around me, and seemed relieved when I said I had things to do, and left."

14. Likes Origins, Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid listened. And gave a wan smile at the end.

"They probably got fingers in all sorts of pies, you know? The kind of pies that puts them at odds with the cops. Many of us do; sometimes we don't have much of choice. It is what it is. You do what you gotta do. But keep an ear out for us in places we can't get to, hey?"

She tilted her head to one side enquiringly.

16. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

Alfonso nods and says, "Absolutely, Director. Thank you for understanding. I hope it doesn't ever come down to needing me to obstruct or misdirect a murder investigation, because I would have to think seriously about that." he says thoughtfully.

"I'll keep an ear and both eyes open. Should I come to you directly, if something seems important for this Community?" he asks.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread