Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable listens for Krieg's reply to Atticus.

K
    Krieg

Hearing Atticus's words he had agree there was some merit to it. "In that case, I'll pay them a visit. Hopefully, the so-called 'dude-bros' won't be too bothersome." When the Savage Dragon tossed off his gloves and headed over to the bag, he nodded, "Of course."

The giant Haunt stepped behind the bag. He placed one foot facing toward Atticus, then the other perpendicular to stabilize himself. The man's question, as polite as it was, sent a phantom pain through his chest. "It hurts, but, I endure. Tribulation brings enlightenment."

A
    Atticus James

There is that phrase again... Atticus thought

Atticus stops for a second and turns to the Dark Prophet, "I've heard that phrase before. I've read that phrase, or something similar several times in several places."

Atticus rested a hand on the makeshift heavy-bag, "My work centers around helping people recognize that. Is..." Atticus paused for a moment trying to make sure he was phrasing this question correctly. Atticus had no interest in jumping ship, there is only the Order. "The people I work with, they need options. How I overcome tribulations, or you, or her," Atticus points to Mable, "is different. There is no magic pill. I am not looking to jump ship, and I would never ask you to reveal any secrets of your Circle, but the more knowledge I have, the better I can do my work."

Risk

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable still sat quietly. She wanted to hear what Krieg had to say on the matter since he was the head of the covenant.

K
    Krieg

The giant Haunt steps from around the bag to answer the Dragon's question. "Have no fears. The Circle's tenet is almost common knowledge." He then smiled. "There's a multitude of common sayings that all pertain to that. Experience is the best teacher. Burned hand teaches best. Etcetera."

He rested a hand against the bag for support. "Blackbird was distressed by what she was forced to do. Naturally so. To help her through such tribulation, I took her out into the lounge and allowed her to grieve. Simply let loose all that frustration, despair, and anger." He paused for a moment, recalling the little bird's tears. "By simply being the lifeline to her was enough to help her compose herself. She promised that she would be more wary of what Kindred tag along to a mission. That was her enlightenment. She discovered that upholding the First is a painful and awful duty that cannot be taken lightly." Krieg then added, "It is a duty that all of us eventually learn."

"To give your people options, you, Atticus,"
    then looking to his fellow Acolyte, "and Mable, need to be willing to endure the same horror and tragedies that your associates will come to encounter. The best thing you can do, is to be there to comfort them in their final moments. Berate them when it is appropriate. Always do so with the goal of educating them to becoming a better Kindred. It takes empathy to really understand others. Be there to extend the helping hand."

A
    Atticus James

It's weird, Krieg smiling. He is a big scary looking dude, and yet he smiles.

Atticus thought for a moment, nodding his head along with the info that Krieg was imparting on him. "Sounds like we are aligned, it's not about major changes or major enlightenments. It's the small things that end up creating a major thing. More people need to learn that I think."

"The challenge I run into is which way to handle it. Some tough looking monstrous men I've worked with need to be coddled, and some small delicate looking women, need to be verbally slapped into reality."
    The sparring session is becoming a philosophical session, which is okay. Learning is important.

K
    Krieg

"It appears to be that way," he nodded in agreement. He tapped the punching bag. "Martial arts are probably the best example of this lesson. No one become a master over night."

Krieg listened to Atticus's concerns, and gave another of the Circle's tenets. "Creation is power," he smiled once more. "Two very abstract words, yet, they hold such heavy meaning." The Haunt's large hand gripped onto the branch to support himself. "You must create a new approach for each student. The big burly man may cry out for his mother. Become the loving parent. The delicate woman who needs a slap to wake up, do so."

"Become an acceptable mentor in the student's perception. You do not need to change yourself on a fundamental level to satisfy each student. You only need to change enough so that your audience is able to understand your lessons. Your lessons are your creations. Your creations are your power."
    Last edited by Cross; Dec 28th, 2018 at 05:40 PM.  Reason for Edit: edited by player request

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

These teachings were nothing new to Mable so she held back anything she would add.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus nodded his head along with what Krieg was saying, "And if one did become a master overnight, would it even be worth it? I don't think so." Atticus said answering his own rhetorical question.

"Thanks for the advice and the feedback Krieg. I appreciate it."

How about we wrap this thread up with the coming court. Could we maybe handwave that they spent some time working on some more punch face with the promise they would work on grappling after Krieg was all healed up?

K
    Krieg

"Any time, my friend, any time."

Sounds good to me. Closing thread to enter continuity.

Page 3 of 3 First 1 2 3
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.