Ended
Watch
31 - 40
DISPLAYED
(1812) Winter Coronation

Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
    L
    Lydia Gehring

Lydia's black, skeletal grin grew twice its size with the praise. Moonish eyes glowing bright, a surge of warmth almost broke through her mantle, swelling in her frost-whitened core. All she could do was nod vigorously, hurrying over to the buffet and gently setting the pot down. It probably wasn't the most dignified thing to do, but Lydia was too overjoyed to think straight.

As soon as the giddiness wore off, the air saturated with the Desire to make others happy, the Elemental cleared her throat. She drifted to the corner, a leaf on an unseen wind. Smoky hair and black-scarf mantle floating and bouncing around her, she settled into a corner, eyes on the buffet. Lydia went quiet, deciding to see who approached the food (or her) first. She was perfectly fine with being like ivy, creeping along the wall as others mingled about.

R
    Renegade

Watching the events occurring around her and the conversations among the various Lost of the different Courts, Renegade could not ignore the Winter Sovereign as she entered the room and began to entertain the various Courtiers that would come to greet her. Waiting for her opening to drag her companion with her to introduce herself to the Queen of their Court, she nudged Chigeros and said, "I think you should go first and do the talking this time." Her sentence was punctuated with a smirk.

C
    Chigeros

"There you go thinking again, isn't that how all the trouble started?" He chuckles before noticing that she did indeed intend for him to introduce them.
    The dark scaled dragon gave a short bow. "It is a pleasure to meet you, I am Chigeros and my lovely smartass of a companion is Renegade. We are new to the courts here and hope that this is the right occasion for our introduction. "
    He looked to Ren knowing she should have something more to add, she always did.

A
    Abraham Norton

"I am well, especially now that I've seen all these fair men and women. I only arrived in late November, but it seems it'll take me months to get to know everyone" He replies to the Dread Lord in a voice filled with both contentment and anxious anticipation "But me and the Vernal Sovereign have already met. She explained how things work here, and I think I will stay in the city for a while"

Speaking of staying, Sera and Rhodes seem to be poised to do the opposite - namely, leaving to get in line to greet the hostess. Abraham doesn't stop them, in fact he might secure a place there for himself in a moment. But there's one more thing to do...

He watched Sonnie's show (for it was a show, and not simply a singing performance) with genuine smile and laughter. It was probably then, that he decided he can't stay far behind. After all, the line to the Queen of Winter was long, nothing harmful in a bit of artism before, right? Especially if it's actually encouraged by Sasha.

Then again, it might've been a vanity thing.

So he made his way to the stage, firmly grabbed the microphone and said "With the bar set so high, how could I compete?" He winks towards the monkey-girl "So I'm not going to. For those of you who don't know me, my name is Abraham, and as yet another gift of Spring to the most important person of today's gathering I'd like to offer a rhymed story of wit and unexpected outcomes. I hope you enjoy it just as much as I did, when I first heard it"

And with that, he proceeds to the performance. It's not a song, not really, especially since it's done a cappella. When he is done, he bows and exits stage left, and beelines to the tables, giving nods of acknowledgement to all those present and trying to stay in proximity to the Onyx Monarch. It was then, that he noticed Alfonso, appraising the gathering. Was he a bodyguard of some sort?

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-21 08:39:14 Abraham Norton rolls 8 to Perform (Presence + Expression + DV + Blessing) (10 Again) 6, 10, 2, 2, 6, 2, 1, 7, 1 1 success

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Flowering smiles broadly at Sera's compliment. "As do you, Seraphina. As do you. And perhaps there are some hidden in the mix - I'll have to wait and see."

"Good, good," Rhodes nods approvingly to the Spring Knight. "You can do far worse than seizing the opportunity before you, Sir Norton. These are the best times to meet our Freehold, and there are a lot of new faces to meet indeed." He inclines his head lightly to the other Flowering. "We must pay our respects to Lady Sasha. Until later, perhaps?"

Rhodes begins to beam as Sera takes his arm as the couple move towards the Winter Queen, resting his hand upon hers. "They all look lovely, don't they?" He whispers to her in a low voice. "For what it's worth, I think the most beautiful one is right beside me."

The two Fairest move over to where two new changelings are introducing themselves to the Winter Queen, his mantle conjuring up the autumn leaves and Sera's rose blossoms. The Dread Lord look over the Dragonblood and the elfin girl, not sensing a clear mantle from either, and inclined his head to both of them. "Please, forgive me for interrupting. I am Rhodes, Dread Lord the Autumn Court. Sera and I merely, wished to give our thanks to Lady Sasha for this evening, and to say how simply stunning your dress and the decor are," Rhodes smiles broadly at Sasha. "You look simply... magical, Lady Winter. Might we be so fortunate as to see a performance later on?"

Move to a side thread?

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

6. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Hiya BLINK!" Circe shouts happily in return to her fellow Summer. During Sasha's announcement Circe couldn't help but laugh at one word. She elbowed Ingrid, "Why would I be Mary when all of ya can see I'm blue?"

Circe wasn't sure what counted as hillbilly for stews. It was probably a delicacy somewhere or other. She much preferred food from her mortal heritage thank you very much. And the monkey was singing. Circe opted to cheer her on, "Woooo! Rock it girl!"

"Oh ho ho ho ho! Great Christmas song!"
    Abe's choice met with her approval.

Circe also notices Titania's arrival given the light show, "Hmmm, Imma hafta ask if Titania can do those in red and green. Festive," she jokes with Ingrid. She then eyes the new arrivals before she focuses on Blink, "Suppose I should check on my Summers and possible Summers."

Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes Abyssalstar liked this post
    M
    McThunder

After a slight bow, Edward makes his way to the side of the stage, placing the log upright next to it.
    Jerking the mistletoe branch twice, he leans into the 3rd hard pull snapping the branch away from the log and inspects it with a victorious smirk crawling across his lips.

Grabbing the ladder, he uses the natural curve of the branch to hang it from the chandelier at the lowest point to ensure it is seen by all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

M
    McThunder

After a slight bow, Edward makes his way to the side of the stage, placing the log upright next to it.
    Jerking the mistletoe branch twice, he leans into the 3rd hard pull snapping the branch away from the log and inspects it with a victorious smirk crawling across his lips.

Grabbing the ladder, he uses the natural curve of the branch to hang it from the chandelier at the lowest point to ensure it is seen by all.

**wrong account post, this is my primary. Damned phone and on vacation in Australia, sorree!!!!**

11. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Having appreciated the ice sculpture to her satisfaction, Ingrid made her way over to the buffet.

Ingrid is available for a chat if someone wishes to make a side thread
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

13. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

Alfonso Franco shows a rare, non-work related smile at the antics of the performers.

He sees that the Vernal Sovereign and Director seems to be free as he scans the crowd, and makes his way over to her, the single Monarch he has not yet introduced himself to.

Page 4 of 19 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 33

You do not have permission to view the list of names.