Ended
Watch

Out of Exile (Open to Dragons)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
    L
    Lina Moretti

"If I wanted smoke blown up my ass, I'd Sire a pothead," Moretti replied to Blackbird's concern that she was going to lose her favor for daring to disagree with a Supplicant on a Domain matter. She was a Deputy Sheriff. "You just tell me how you see it, and I'll judge the thing. You've earned the right to be frank with me."

And Blackbird did, in detail, the facts of the case set out plainly and compared in the investigator's mind to Krieg's version, to Atticus's version. As she apologized and mentioned the Hound bit, she gave an absent nod, her eyes swaying over to Dirt Nap to clock his reaction to the Daeva Priscus's conciliatory gesture of calling him kind. And it seemed true. The young Gangrel was kind.

But not stupid.

He proved that when he spoke up, giving a very detailed explanation of what happened and his position on the whole thing. So he wasn't trying to defend Davis. He was just trying to be fair-minded. That wasn't a necessary condition in a Lick, but it was welcome when what she was looking for was the truth. He seemed credible and reliable, even if he was too nice for his own good sometimes.

Her next words were more direct than normal.

"I gave a failing individual a lifeline with which to pull himself up out of the Status hole and prove his worth. He failed in this regard. I have no need for a trigger-happy torpid paperweight. He is not my Hound. We can do better. Supplicant Nap: prove to me you have capability in battle and judgment in politics and practice, and you may earn your place as Hound of Florin. You've got the skill set. I want to see you show the sense to know when it is worth being cold and clinical."

Her head swiveled to Atticus, a playful smirk crossing her face as she did.

"Welcome to the team, Deputy James. Unless you want to tell me you don't want it."

I'm good to wrap.

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Again Atticus agreed with the little bird. And again Blackbird gave him a soft expression of gratitude. The more they interacted, the more it seemed Blackbird and Atticus James boasted increasingly similar viewpoints. It was a working relationship the Daeva looked forward to exploring.

Then came Dirt Nap's long, concise explanation and the thought that Blackbird may have been misreading his statements on that fateful night finally occurred. He spoke his thoughts towards Davis in perfect clarity and tonight was the first time the Deputy had truly heard them.

Indeed, Dirt Nap's recollection of the events earned a few nods from Blackbird, signifying that she agreed with how he was constructing the scenario. She still felt Davis had shot based on his twisted sense of pride and inflated ego, but she had said her piece on the issue. Further, on the whole it seemed Dirt Nap agreed with her own statements and Blackbird was pleased he understood she was giving him a compliment in addition to the criticism. A kind heart is rare among the Kine and even rarer among the Kindred, but it was not entirely unwelcome. She simply hoped he'd find the need to be cold when he must, lest the Man inside leave him too meek to leash his Beast.

Sheriff Moretti's words caught the neonate by surprise at first, her first statement eliciting a smile on the Daeva's lips. The blunt humor of Moretti had a way of resonating with Blackbird's psyche. Naturally, the deeper statement was offered a nod of respect.

"I'll endeavor to remember that, Sheriff," she offers, "Thank you for your trust."

Then Moretti offered Dirt Nap a place in her Regency, at once a means of assisting in his elevation and a trial to expose him to the darker truths of Kindred society. It's never an easy lesson to learn, but the bird found herself agreeing with the decision. Blackbird knew she was impulsive at times, often petty, but nearly always charming. She would make a poor Hound. Nap, however, lacked the same ego and bore a mind conducive to analysis and objective thinking. Moreover, he showed an interest in learning the backroads of the Domain.

It suited the little bird just fine. Her long term interests lied in maintaining Elysium, either for the Domain or the Order. Perhaps both.

Let Nap maintain order in the field, I will work on order here at home.

"I think the selection is perfectly fitting, Supplicant Nap," she offered, encouraging the man to take up the mantle.

Turning to Atticus, the familar wry smirk of the Deputy now returned.

"Should you accept, I'd be more than thrilled to work with you in the Domain as well."

In keeping with getting this and Blackbird's first trial into the canon before the month is out, I'd prefer to roll on to her glimpse without the 1 on 1. Just because Blackbird is able to tackle the first trial on her own doesn't mean she won't need a guide for another. Plus, it'll give her the opportunity to understand WHY she needs Nap's and Atticus' help. Know what I mean?

Good to wrap!

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Atticus James

"Well, thanks, Boss." Atticus said offering a hand to Lina. When an agreement is made, he shook on it. Looks like Atticus and Lina are going to be working together even more. More opportunities to screw things up.

"Goals are always good Nap," Atticus said giving him a nod of his head.

I am good to wrap. That works Stray

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

"Well." Dirt Nap says when Lina Moretti is done speaking, and offers a potential path to a position in her Regency. He glances to Blackbird and Atticus, nodding in appreciation of their encouragement.

"That is an honor, Grand Wrym. I accept the chance to prove myself." he says. "Thank you, Grand Wyrm."

Good to close. Thanks!

C
    Cross

Great scene, y'all!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.