Ended
Watch

Out of Exile (Open to Dragons)

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus isn't a scientist. He doesn't pretend or claim to be. Most of Atticus' research is in his work, in his reading, or in his practice. Evolving his body and mind to a point where he can find sources of truth. Atticus also does not believe in big enlightenment, he doesn't believe in eureka moments. They may feel like eureka moments, but as he goes back and studies what happens, he sees all the small steps it took to get him to that point of success. It's like chess, not that Atticus played chess, but what seems like an oh my word moment is really a series of small movements that led there.

So tonight he stands out in the yard of the chapter house under the stars lifting heavy things. He knew that he would never see gains, not that he cared, but he knew that this was good for him. Kept the body loose and mobile. As he finished his round of lifting, he made his way to a tub filled with ice water where he climbed in and sat, focusing on his breathing. Being blushed allowed him to feel the cold, to feel what it was doing to his body, how it changed his body. Atticus knew he couldn't really freeze to death, but his skin could still be damaged by the cold. He read a story about a group of kindred who got lost in Alaska, they were found torpered due to starvation, but their limbs were frozen and begun to break off as they were recovered. Proof, we are hard to kill by the elements, but not impossible.

Atticus felt the needles of cold prickling up and down his skin. He felts the gooseflesh begin to pop and pucker. His lungs, enlivened by the vitae, began to remember and contract at the freezing water. Atticus focused his breathing, his body and his mind on controlling these things. The strain on his lungs began to dissipate, tiny successes. The shaking didn't come, again tiny successes. Now his mind, he closes his eyes and finds himself slipping into mediation.

Continuing the playlist

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap is quiet as he moves methodically through the terrain around the Chapter House Florin. He whispers to the local fauna, birds, rats, bats, and such as he encounters them. He lies down on the concrete, concentrating on the composition underneath him, allowing his own material substance to become comfortable with the material, the unique blend.

As he feels himself become right with the setting, he ponders connections and the process of connecting, by purpose and by accident to be seen as opportunity.

The soundtrack in Dirt Nap's head.

3. Likes Stray liked this post
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus opened slowly shuttered open his eyes and saw over to his horse training little buddy. I wonder what his deal is. He probably thinks I am being an idiot, sitting in a tub of ice like this. The interesting part is, Atticus didn't feel cold. When he first got in it was freezing, but he had controlled his body to the point where the cold was only superficial. It was good a growth. Like the old monks training under the waterfalls.

Atticus gave Nap a nod of his head, letting him know that if he wanted to talk words, Atticus was around.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap sees Atticus nod. He strolls over.

"Nice place." he says. "I like the outside. Probably spend more time there than in." he says.

L
    Lina Moretti

"You truly do. You do know there is a bed and rooms inside for you, right?" Lina sounded amused, like she was joking. half-smile was writ on the Grand Wyrm's face as she stepped onto the porch, wearing comfortable fleece pants and a simple black, wool sweater. Her sheathed knife was on her hip and her shoes looked like decent runners. This was how the private investigator dressed here. Ready and comfortable, even within the confines of her personal suites in the upper section of their Chapterhouse.

Apparently, her senses had heard the young-looking trainer get to talking.

"Don't let me interrupt you fellas. I'm just here for the breeze."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A night of successful feeding had led her back out to the yard early, alabaster skin alight with the blue tone of the lights beneath the waves. Her outfit of choice again a short silk bathrobe, rust red. Spotting the trio, the bird made her way over, her familiar grace and formality abound in her steps and hands folded to her front.

"Good evening," she offered, "I hope I'm not interrupting your trials, but I feel it necessary to let the greater chapter know that I am here, should you need my assistance. I have chosen to focus my haven here in order to better pursue my studies and it is my understanding that my position is one that may be called upon to provide support. That being said, is there anything you require for the moment?"

Work before play, Bird. Otherwise, you won't learn.

A simple truth. Blackbird was a creature easily swayed by luxury and she knew it well.

Still, if they didn't need anything, the neonate was all too happy to revel in the amenities of the Haven they shared. Unless, of course, they sought to use this opportunity to bond. Throwing away the chance to integrate within one's covenant was highly imprudent and Blackbird found her fellow Dragons to be creatures of great interest. It would benefit her to know them.

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Atticus James

Atticus looked up, his lips and tongue felt numb as he spoke, but the deathly cold was successfully under control. He should be used to this type of cold, given that he used to fish in the waters of Alaska, but he got to wear pants when he did that.

"Yeah, much nicer then I am used too for sure."

Atticus turned to the Grand Wyrm, nodded his head, and then looked back to Nap, "I've already claimed my room," What he didn't mention was his room was that he chose the smallest room possible, it may have actually been a walk-in closet, but Atticus was good with it. He didn't have much stuff, so he didn't need much space.

"Grand Wyrm, Can we call you Lina when we are here casually? Or do you want to stand on ceremony? Up to you, of course, I just wanted to check your preference." Atticus wanted to make sure, after all, everyone is different and maybe the Invictus had rubbed off on her.

"It's fine Bird, also, it is good you are here. As an Acadamy, we should be working together and helping each other." He didn't ask her about her title, because the only title that she had here that mattered here he didn't like and wouldn't use unless they were doing something official. He's not going to stand around the TV while they are watching Netflix or some crap and be like "So Slave Bird, What's Ross and Rachel doing this week" or some such nonsense.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap stands when the Grand Wyrm approaches. He nods at her words, "Good evenin' Grand Wyrm, Ma'am." he says respectfully. "I 'ppreciate you setting aside a space for me, I really do." he says. "I could use a place to hang up fancy clothes, for when I need 'em." he says.

"Thing is, sleeping indoors, in a bed, isn't really something that getting used to will help me in a pinch." he says. "Whereas, being used to sleeping in the ground, with some extra clothes and a rifle buried in a cache not too far away; that has saved me some trouble a time or two."

Dirt Nap smiles, "Now these grounds here, are perfect for letting me practice in a safe way, merging myself to sleep in a new kind of ground. With the set up here, I ought to be able to accustom myself to sleeping in the concrete, the blacktop, the wood deck, even the water in the pool, eventually, not like a regular body under the water mind you, but actually merged with the material of it." he says thoughtfully.

"That's the best part for me so far, but the local animals are real useful to, for getting better at doing some useful things, whispering, and working up to more advanced stuff". he explains earnestly. "So I am right grateful and obliged, even if I don't spend much time inside, really."

He nods to Blackbird, "No disturbance or needing at all , Ma'am. Good of you to ask though." he says.

To Atticus he nods and says, "I can take whatever is most convenient." he says.

11. Likes Stray liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"I'm fine for now," Moretti replied idly to Blackbird's inquiry after a long moment of thought. The obedience expected of a subordinate in the Ordo Dracul was significant, but the fact that she played into that was both interesting and politically intelligent. By seeking to be useful, when the Daeva inevitably achieved her first Chrysalis and rose to the same rank as the others, she would find herself in a strong starting position. "How goes getting your sensory deprivation tank, Blackbird?"

She had work to do.

As for Atticus's inquiry, Lina also thought about it. "When we're 'after hours' like this, I do not mind being called Lina. When it's anything to do with the Order, Scribe Moretti or Grand Wyrm is appropriate. The Ordo Dracul isn't as formal as the First Estate, but rank matters - and getting out of habit is real awkward if a Master decides to show up."

Even Lina Moretti had bosses in the Ordo Dracul, and she was loyal to the Covenant.

"There's tons of space, Nap." She herself had private suites, far more than she ever needed but very much what she wanted. "We're not under urgent threat where the Chapterhouse needs all hands on deck for defense, so. If you like being outside, that's fine. Practice of Protean is one way you ready your Body for the Chrysalis. Speaking of which - I would like you to take the time to go over the process of preparing one's body for the Chrysalis." She looked to Atticus, ever the more cerebral of the two. "And Atticus, I would like you to take the time to teach her about how to prepare her mind. Through teaching, we learn."

A pause, as she stared off into the night for a long moment. A question came to mind, for any who would answer.

"Tell me. What's happening of late in this city that we have invested ourselves in?"

Enjoy the scene fodder

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird maintains her poise, granting Atticus a nod. "I'm pleased to have assisted in acquiring the Chapter House nonetheless," she offered before glancing, to the mansion around them, "It certainly suits my... tastes. I hope it comes to suit yours as well."

Blackbird had a love for luxury, but somehow she felt that was easy for the other Dragons to tell. She hadn't exactly been subtle.

Turning to Dirt Nap, her look softened as he spoke of how he had yet to select his digs. "There is plenty of room, Supplicant Nap," she said, "You don't need to confine yourself to a mere closet for your clothes."

Blackbird's own suite was located on the second level, complete with a balcony.

Finally, the bird looked to the Grand Wyrm and the small smile on her lips twitched ever slightly with a sense of pride.

"I have not delayed the experiment, Grand Wyrm," she affirms, "The tank is purchased and will be installed tomorrow evening... it took some convincing for the technician to arrive then, but he eventually relented. It will be installed in the basement and I am willing to make it available to other members once my initial trial is done. I expect to enter the chamber once it is tested and deemed in good working order. In regards to our... agreement, I intend to place the lock on a side-table by the hatch, as I won't be able to lock it by myself. If I could trouble you, Supplicant James, or Supplicant Nap to lock it and ensure that it remains so for 72 hours, I would be very grateful."

It is only after Lina affirms that the Ordo Dracul is 'after hours' for the moment, that Blackbird allows her formal demeanor to waver. Slightly. Perhaps when she was more an equal to some of them, her sense of reverence would fade closer to camaraderie, but for now Blackbird knew her place. And she'd play the role to show she was ready for instruction.

Then came the Grand Wyrm's tasks for the Supplicants. It seemed Dirt Nap was to focus on discussing the body and Atticus on the mind. A slight expression of interest painted the Daeva's face, pushing through her weathered Humanity in a genuine showing of her attention. If there were lessons to learn, she would learn them.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.