Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Crone Farm can be accessed from a long dirt driveway that has a few ruts from wear and tear. The driveway is tree lined on the right with little views of fields peaking through. The left side is lined by a dense forest. The end of the driveway opens up to a small one story farm house with a friendly porch. The farm house has solar panels on the roof. There is a port-a-potty outside for the farm workers and guests. An outdoors sink is set up near by. Care has been taken for the farm to be as green and ecologically based as possible.

A wide clearing of dirt and grass is in front of the house. The fields beside and behind the house consist mostly of fields with different kinds of low vegetation. On the edges however, are higher trees and such to offer privacy to anything happening within the Circle's property.

Beside the farm are several greenhouses that are being rebuilt. Right now one of the greenhouses has the compost pile. There is a small tool shed and a two-stall stable also on the property. An old tractor and other miscellaneous farm equipment is scattered about.

Mable is quietly sitting on the porch waiting for her guest.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

To meet with Mable Rebecca had rented a moving trunk and had all of the supplies Mable had requested loaded up:

A Garden tractor with a front-end loader
    A cart to attach to the tractor
    A Variety of shovels, hoes, and rakes
    A gas-powered tiller
    Wheelbarrows
    Scythe
    100 Solar powered 72’ strand of lights- blue

They had not spoken about compensation, but then again, that's what tonight would be all about. Of course Rebecca didn't want money in return. She had that, and more. She had almost more money than she knew what to do with it. What she valued more were allies, connections, and favors. Her mask, as usual, was polite and friendly. This was mostly a social visit after all. But her clothes were not fancy tonight, because she may need to assist with the unloaded, so instead she wore jeans and a t-shirt. Simple and comfortable, which was unusual for her. Pulling up she wasn't sure where the supplies would end up, so she parked in an easy to move spot and got out. Immediately she noticed Mable sitting on the porch, Rebecca's Catalyst begging her to get back in the truck and go home, but she resisted. Instead she offered the Savage Crone a smile and said, "Good evening Mable," allowing herself to use the woman's first name to set the casual tone, "I don't believe I've ever come out to the Farm. Thank you for inviting me. How have you been?"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-13 13:12:49 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 7, 6, 5, 5, 8, 8 2 successes

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable stands up when Rebecca gets out of the truck. The struggle to hold her beast back causes her to pause for a brief moment as she reminds herself she doesn't want to kill Rebecca. Getting the beast reigned in she smiles. "Hi Rebecca, I'm fantastic, and you?"

She is giddily excited to welcome Rebecca the farm. "We need to have an open house soon. I have made sure everything is within a strict conservation code. Solar panels, provide the electricity for the house. I also use some thermal dynamics for heating and cooling it. Minimal water usage mainly for the green houses and such. I have made one of the greenhouses into a compost area to make my own fertilizer. Part of the stables is going to become a library and meeting room. I will have a windmill to power that building. And I have a multi-year plan for where I want to go with the land. The fields will be for training purposes with the local agricultural college. But I am going to make some botanical gardens and make this a community based place for learning and spiritual retreat."

Mable stopped herself when she realized she was starting to talk faster. She giggles, "Sorry, I get really excited and can't seem have problems stopping myself. But welcome, Come join me on the porch."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Quite well, thank you," she replied as she grew closer to Mable.

Immediately Rebecca could tell Mable had a great deal of pride for the place. She listened intently as the woman went through all that the farm had, which only made her more curious about what the supplies she had procured would be used for. She smiled as Mable apologized and joined her on the porch. "Oh no need to apologize Mable. I imagine if we hadn't been so preoccupied when we went to my lab that I would have acted the same way. It's good to find joy and excitement in the work we love, and you clearly love this place." The paused for a moment to try and conceal a chuckle. "I must say though that I enjoy the irony of a farm for the Crone being powered by solar panels."

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable grinned, "So much in this world is like that, it can kill you and help you. The double edged sword."

Looking around she nodded. "I do love this place. I feel like I have roots here." She put her hand over her mouth and laughed a light lilting laugh at her love of trees and putting down roots.

Then she got serious for a moment. "I am really sorry that we had to go though all of that the other day. I am planning to take some driving evasion lessons so hopefully it won't happen again. But you are here for an entirely different reason. Supplies."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca smiled. "So true." As Mable confirmed her love for the farm Rebecca just continued to smile and nodded.

Then Mable became serious and turned to business. "I appreciate you protecting me the other night. I don't know what I would have done without you. And I too hope to find time to practice my driving, but really I wish I had been more help in convincing the police to let us go." Then Mable mentioned supplies and Rebecca smiled again. "Down to business I see. And you're right," she said, looking towards the truck, "I am here about the supplies you requested. But there is an issue I'd like to discuss with you first. We moved this along so quickly we never had an opportunity to talk about any type of compensation. I of course would not ask you to pay me back financially for the items, but I do hope we can work out some agreement in regards to prestation instead. For if I should need your help personally in the future." Rebecca had put Mable in a bad bargaining position. Mable needed the items and now Rebecca had them. She was curious to see what the Savage would offer to get them when they were so close to delivery.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled sweetly, "The other night was horrible and spectacular all rolled into one. But I really must apologize for my behavior, anger frenzy is not appropriate and I am quite ashamed and embarrassed that it happened." Mable's smile faded a bit. There were parts of the night she preferred to forget.

"Compensation, yes. Well, as much as I hate boons, I do understand other people's need for them. I am always at your disposal when you need assistance. But if you feel better with something written in your book, that is fine too. I completely understand. I have the utmost respect for you. I know that you operate on the other side of the law than I do, but that is fine. My ethical principles are tested often because I am trying to live in two worlds right now. Sometimes what is ethical in one world isn't in the other. Sorry, I am getting off track. What exactly are you asking for?"
    Mable really had to learn to control her rambling. She also was curious how much of a commitment Rebecca wanted.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca smiled a sweet smile. "I understand that sometimes we can't control the overwhelming reactions of the beast, but I respect that you were able to control yourself enough to go to the other room. Did you have a chance to speak with Prince Antinori before leaving?" Rebecca was curious if the Priscus had received some type of punishment.

Rebecca watched Mable closely, her face remaining calm and pleasant. "Normally I think I would request a minor boon, just based on the sheer quantity of the supplies, but..." she paused for a moment, tilting her head and smiling before continuing, "I think I might have a better idea. I request a trivial boon in exchange for the supplies, but in addition if you ever find that someone is in need of something, but lacking in funds, that you point them in my direction. That way I can help provide a service to new arrivals at a price they can afford. Does that seem fair to you?"

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded, "Yes, I did speak to the Prince. She was very patient and listened to my side of what happened that day. I think she was pleased that we were able to contain things as well as we did. She was extremely fair to me for a punishment, I think mostly due to what I was able to achieve during the incident. I have to feed in the barrens for a month. I am grateful it isn't more than that. And I need to get the room repaired. I kinda used the beautiful oak table as a scratching post. At least that part is a little funny. I do feel pretty bad about hurting Krieg. But OMG, he actually staked me." A little giggle escaped. "That shouldn't be funny but it is now that it's over."

"Your offer is extremely fair and generous. I already refer to you when people need some help with their Court manners so sending people to you for financial help is no problem. I have asked all my fellow Gangrels to seek you out to be sure we are all in accordance with proper etiquette. The last thing I want is to perpetuate our savagery and have it equated with poor manners. If any of the Gangrels do act out could you just send me a text or something so I can keep track? Also, are we all adhering to the dress code in court?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca listened intently as Mable described her conversation with the Prince. Rebecca had contemplated giving Mable her own punishment of a public denouncement but for their kind feeding in the barrens was already a fairly heavy cost, so she decided against it. "That is quite a fair punishment. I have always found Her Majesty to be very fair. And I have not had the displeasure of being staked, and I hope I never feel it. Thankfully things do tend to appear much funnier in hindsight." If she had rampaged in the main room things would have been far less funny.

Then a smile slide across her face. "Good. Very good. And I have started to notice people approaching me to gain insights into proper protocol, which makes me very happy. Etiquette is something that is near and dear to my heart. Oh, and I will absolutely make sure you are the first person to know," followed immediately by the Prince, "of any improper behavior by members of Clan Gangrel. Now I would like to ask: are you able to afford the repairs to the room in Elysium?" Maybe another deal could be struck?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread