Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow glances at the well dressed 'man', 'Maxwell J Pierce', and says softly, "Alfonso. Also Detective Franco, Sacramento P.D. Homicide Detective." he says, watching Penance for her response or reaction.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

Moving on; we're days past Penance's turn.

A cop. Who was Lost. That was interesting and rare. Perhaps this one was more established than most. Had he reassumed his life, like Maxwell had? Identity was everything, especially for a police officer.

Spook.

Criminal.

Spy.

All of these were things that Maxwell J. Pierce had been, would continue to be.

But the fact that they had a cop on side, that would work. He'd just have to avoid murdering people.

"Detective. A pleasure. I suppose you really were the finer shot to be teaching our friend here, no?"

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

Alfonso smiles, a wintry smile, "If I do my job right, I don't end up needing to shoot at anyone." he says. "The uniforms go and make the arrest. I just pick at dead bodies for clues, and build a case to see them convicted. Then I unleash the hounds." he explains, self deprecatingly. "It's not really much different from what I was doing while I was 'away'."

The Crow turns a piercing gaze on Maxwell J. Pierce. "What's your line, Pierce?" he asks professionally.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

The Chatelaine glanced down the detective's lane at the target he'd blasted a clean, accurate hole in, right center mass. "And yet, you seem quite well prepared. Well shot, sir," he said, a corner of his mouth reaching for the sky in amusement as he turned back to his lane. He efficiently put his weapon together, loaded it and gave the man a nod in case he wished to put his ear protection on.

The courtesy given, he raised his pistol, sighting down it like an old duelist from the days of the Founding Fathers for a moment before putting a bullet right between the eyes of the target.

"My line...? Acquisitions, Detective. Acquisitions."

2 sux on quite a hard shot
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-31 00:12:16 Maxwell J. Pierce rolls 6 to A Challenging Shot, With Penalties (9 Again) 9, 2, 3, 8, 1, 3, 2 2 successes

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

Alfonso nods, accepting the opportunity to protect his hearing.

Then he gets back to his own task, knocking the rust off his shooting. He notes Maxwell J. Pierce and his expert marksmanship, but apparently feels no need to try anything fancy, just putting shots into the center mass.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-01 03:09:51 Alfonso rolls 11 to shoots with service firearm, Glock 17 (Dex 4 + Firearms 4 + Specialty Pistols 1 + Weapon 2) (10 Again) 10, 3, 3, 6, 5, 2, 6, 10, 6, 1, 10, 1, 4, 2 3 successes

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

Marksmanship was not always what one expected of a police officer. Not every cop was a gunfighter, as it turned out, nor did they typically need to be; in fact, most police officers would never need to discharge their weapon while in service. Yet Alfonso clearly was well-practiced.

Another bullet thwacked into the paper, right through the hole created by the first in a very tight grouping.

"How long have you been in town, Detective?"

He made sure to look at the guy first and speak when Alfonso wasn't putting lead on target so he'd have a hope of being heard.

another 2 sux very challenging shot
    Date Action Roll Result
    2019-01-02 01:51:38 Maxwell J. Pierce rolls 6 to A Challenging Shot, With Penalties (10 Again) 2, 1, 6, 1, 9, 10, 7 2 successes

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

"A long time." The Crow replies, pausing his shooting to answer. "I was here before I...went away. You know how it is. Felt like I was gone for years...but it was only a week." he says casually. "How long you planning on staying, Pierce?" he asks in return.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"Yes, I know how it is..." Pierce replied with a long sigh and a nod. Too keenly, even if his timeframe away had been much different, much less dilated on the other side. "It must have been quite something, to return to your job and your day to day once you got back." One day? Human police officer. The next week? Crowcop.

"I can't say precisely. I've come here on a personal matter. But I told Sasha I'd be here a few months at least. So. At least that long, perhaps longer if the community is to my liking."

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow nods, acknowledging Pierce's reference to having spoken to the Winter Monarch as much as anything else. That's good. He's legitimate with the local authorities.

"Well, this is a good range. Welcome to town." he says, noncommittally reserving judgement in his tone.

Good to close if you are. I don't have anything else in particular, but am happy to keep going if you do. Either way, enjoying the scene with you!

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread