(Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Gun Range

Alfonso didn't mind the half hour drive to get to The Gun Range. It was more than worth it to go to the private, indoor shooting range, to get in a solid hour of shooting in a good, clean place, with lots of reflective surfaces, away from the other other cops. One in particular.

He needed to relax and keep his edge at the same time, without the inherent competitive garbage at the Department Range. The place closed at ten, and he was all set up and shooting his first round by nine. He hadn't settled down yet, and obviously needed the practice.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-11 16:31:59 Alfonso Franco rolls 11 to shoots with service firearm, Glock 17 (Dex 4 + Firearms 4 + Specialty Pistols 1 + Weapon 2) (10 Again) 7, 9, 7, 10, 5, 2, 9, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6 3 successes

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

A thin, grey Wizened entered the range, eyes downcast and hands empty. Wearing his black suit and a white shirt with a tie, he looked every inch the fed save for the lack of cop eyes - no, when one focused more and paid attention, the Winter Courtier looked like a butler. Staff. Nobody important, nobody of note, the kind of person you could expect to see anywhere. Heading up to the folks who ran the place, he put down his money and picked out a couple of familiar weapons before heading down to his lane.

His eyes popped up when he saw the Beast.

Guns in hand, he wondered - friend or foe? The Mantle was familiar, which meant...

"Neighbor."

He parked himself in the lane next to the Beast, eyes watchful, ready. Was this the moment he would die? Here, in a pistol range? Or was this fellow an adherent to the Icelaw, one of the free?

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow finished reloading, without looking down, his black glinting eyes staring at the...man. His gun stays pointed safely down, for now, though loaded and ready.

"Looks like it." the Crow says.

P
    Penance

Penance wasn't much of a weapons enthusiast. At least, not with modern weapons. Melee weapons, swords, axes, clubs and the like, those were more her forte, her combined experience of raiding memorials and fighting in Arcadia gave her a pretty good grasp on how to effectively use those. But she'd never really used firearms before. Most civilians weren't even allowed to own them in her homeland and she didn't have the money to buy one here in America. Not by the books, anyways.

But she was Autumn. And wasn't one of their things learning? It may not be the tenet she most identified with, but she figured she should offer token respect to it. And she'd do it in what she did best: the art of killing. ...And she'd be lying if she said this wasn't inspired by Circe. The Summer Sovereign was a ballistics savant and had offered more than once to supply her with a proper weapon. She had declined so far, in part because she didn't really want to admit she didn't know much about using guns. So if her personal Court and allied Court were pushing her in similar directions, it was probably a good sign of an area she needed to improve.

As she was in a public place and couldn't count on not being seen, she'd already drawn up her Mask, trading a demonic face for an oriental one. Her outfit for the occasion was highly traditional... for her. Grey trousers and a long-sleeved grey shirt buttoned down her left side with a cloth belt around the waist. Not fashionable, but practical, and it reminded her of home. She rented out a gun and proceeded towards the firing range, trying her best to look like she belonged and this wasn't actually her first time visiting a place like this.

It was as she turned the corner that she spied two people. Changelings. A crow-headed man in a police uniform and small man in a suit who looked strangely butler-ish. Neither of them familiar to her.

This was unexpected. Problematic. This would be her first time meeting new people without having a more established member of the freehold alongside her. Not only that, these guys were suits, they had status. She was an illegal alien, probably on a couple different accounts. She needed to approach this situation carefully.

"Ni hao! I would like to ask help of one of you. Can one of you help me with shooting?" She forced herself to sound more cheery, and naive, than she actually felt. Act like an ignorant foreign tourist and perhaps they might not take her as a threat.
    Attached Images

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

A long glance at the crow, at his gun. "You local?" he asked idly, a hint, even as his hands worked the pistols onto the table and got them all set up. His Mourning Cant was way, way too rusty to be effective here. He'd just sound like a fucking Loyalist. He'd have to just ask the question, trust the situation a little, not be so damn fatalistic.

The interloper cut the tension. Good. People didn't usually get up to shit with mundies around.

He glanced her way.

"I'm no expert myself," he said peaceably, glancing back to Alfonso, giving him the opportunity if he felt inclined.

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

The Crow looks at the woman who's approached them, passing by the helpful employees at the front desk and other, clearly marked help stations between the entrance and this spot. He didn't believe in coincidence.

"If you are just looking for help learning how to shoot, there are people up front, friendly people who are better at that than I am. What kind of help are you looking for, exactly, Ma'am?" he asks evenly.

P
    Penance

Shit, he had a point. It was a little hard to ask for help when there was probably a bunch of people hovering about more inclined to help her than these two. At least, theoretically. Again, being obviously foreign, it wasn't uncommon for her to get some unsavory looks her way. Still, she couldn't just leave these two here. That was downright hazardous.

"Nonono, they do not like me. Think I am annoying. You are of better help." She sidled up closer to Alfonso, who seemed the most inclined to speak with her, and practically shoved the gun in his direction... non-threateningly, of course, she kept the muzzle pointed away from either of them. She didn't know much about gun safety, but she enough to not point at it anybody or anything.

"American model, I do not understand it. I cannot find the safety." True enough, she actually had no clue where the safety on it was.

"I want to learn how to use gun. I hear America is not safe, many shootings. Looking for safety. Both on gun, but also in..." shit, how'd that word work again? Four syllables, spelled like common. "Community. Trying to find people like us." She looked into Alfonso's eyes at this, trying to subtly say what she didn't want to say out loud.

And in hindsight, her English must be getting better because she was very aware of how much worse she was making her grammer to sell the act.

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"Like us, ma'am...?" the Chatelaine murmured, glancing at the crow even as he loaded his pistols. Suddenly, they weren't potential antagonists. Rather, they were a Winter wall against whatever this was. "Is there something you'd like to tell us?"

Presence
    (Looking for clues)
    Sworn Officer
    (Sacramento PD)
    Status
    (Homicide Detective)
    Alfonso Franco

PRE

"Ah." The Crow says. Glancing at the Wizened, he says, "I'm local, yeah. Was away. Just got back. Since you ask, I guess you're not. But you are in season, I think. You should have a name for an introduction. I did."

Looking at the woman, who seems more and more capable of English at least then she wants to show, the Crow says, "Hm, you might be Lost, lady. But who isn't, right? Life is a riddle, don't you think? Tell me, if I were an animal, what kind of animal do you think I would be?"

M
    Maxwell J. Pierce

"Maxwell J. Pierce, at your service," he muttered to the Crow out of the side of his mouth in his customary way, eyes not leaving the Asian woman who had stumbled on over. The cop thought this was a Changeling, but if she was, she was doing a shit job at identifying if she was friend or foe. His posture was loose, but ready, like he had a million other places he wanted to be than somewhere with a stranger who didn't know how to say hello. "What's your name, ma'am?"

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread