(Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap knocks softly on the door to the Harpy's office, confident in the acute hearing of the esteemed occupant to respond when and how she's good and ready to.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

How he looks.

Dirt Nap is dressed up for the occasion in the same uncomfortable suit and tie that he wore to the most recent gathering. He looks miserable in it.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

The design of the office was modern, to be sure. Walking in one's gaze would immediately land on Rebecca's desk; glass, simple and uncluttered. In front of the desk were two short, black leather chairs. Inside the office, to the right of the door, sat a black couch and another black chair around a glass coffee table.

Behind Rebecca's desk sat a wide walnut bookshelf filled with books related to many things, including pharmacy, drugs, and medicine. Resting on one of the shelves, behind a beautiful bookend, sat an flask, corked at the top and containing a dark powdery substance at the bottom. To any who entered the office would give the impression that everything there had a place and that nothing would be out of it's designated space.

Rebecca sat at the desk, wearing a simple red dress and slowly shifting through some papers. Her mask was already in place, created upon hearing Dirt's voicemail. As she heard a knock at her door she simply replied with, "come in."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-11 14:37:45 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 4, 6, 6, 9, 8, 6 2 successes

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap opens the door quietly, and proceeds to enter with obvious caution. Once inside, he unconsciously tugs at his necktie and stands still.

"Ma'am. Harpy Simmons. Thank you for letting me meet with you." he says after a long, awkward moment of silence.

"I guess I should say a bit more about why I asked for it." he says, "The thing is, I don't know what I don't know, if you catch my meaning. I know to be careful about calling people what someone else does first. And follow the Laws of the Domain. But I don't know much or nothing about Invictus in particular. To be honest, I don't know much about society. I generally try to do for myself, so I don't have much experience asking other of our kind for anything, or negotiating for it before doing for others either. Oh. I am supposed to mention, I owe the Prince a minor boon for learning the hard way about calling people what other people are calling 'em. That was when people started telling me I should ask to see you." he says, ending abruptly, still standing just inside the doorway, obviously ill at ease.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

The man who opened the door appeared nervous and uncomfortable. A vastly different impression from Rebecca's polite and friendly mask. She waited patiently as Nap went through his entire nervous spiel before she finally stood with a smile and pointed to one of the chairs in front of her desk. "You're very welcome Mr. Nap. Please, have a seat."

Once she sat she unlocked her cabinet and pulled out a small little notebook, clicked her pen, and wrote down the information about the new boon that Nap owed the Prince. "If you feel you are lacking in protocol and etiquette then you have certainly come to the right place. And don't worry," she said with a friendly smile, "there's nothing wrong with not knowing something, as long as you always do your best to learn. But before we go any further, could you please elaborate more on what led to you owing Her Majesty Prince Antinori a minor boon?"

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

The neonate looks immensely relieved with the Harpy took charge, providing concrete direction for the meeting.

He moves to sit. Then is still and listens. He nods. "Well. It was the time before last. My first. I said to her, 'My Prince'." he says. "I guess I should mention too, Alder Davis owes me a minor boon. That was for implying that I was just a card in his hand to play whenever it suited him, though I don't think he knows what it's for, really. I don't think he meant any offense at all. He just seems to think that way." Dirt Nap pauses. "I shouldn't judge. I definitely didn't think I had any ownership or claim over The Prince by what I said."

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca offered a slight chuckle when Dirt revealed the source of his 'bad manners'. "Such a simple phrase and yet so many damaging implications to it." She then made note of his mention of Davis owing him a boon. "It's funny that you mention Alder Davis and his own lack of tact. See not too long ago he too called Her Majesty 'My Prince'. Of course, being a member of the First Estate himself his actions were much more serious."

Rebecca slid the notebook to the side, making sure there was nothing between the two of them but her desk. "There is something I should tell you, to help alleviate some concerns you may have. Prince Antinori has informed me personally that her Domain is not an 'Invictus' Domain. And what I mean by that is while she, and many others, are Invictus Members, she has specifically informed both myself and Seneschal York that the Domain itself is to be considered neutral. Now, if I'm not mistaken, you're a member of the Secret Estate. Is that correct?" She said pausing only for a moment, almost as if the question was rhetorical, before continuing. "As such I, as Harpy, would never expect you to always perfectly remember or use Invictus titles, such as Alder. For instance: you do not have to refer to me as Madam Harpy Simmons if you don't wish to. You may simple refer to me as Harpy Simmons or Priscus Simmons, depending on the situation. I would take absolutely no offense to that, since you are again not a member of the First Estate. Now obviously every person is different, but if anyone were to try and punish you for not using their correct Invictus titles, when you are not Invictus well...then they'd have to answer to me or Judex Twist," she said with a wide smile. "Of course on the other hand, I do very much expect you to use a person's proper domain title when in public. If you're unsure what that is you need only ask them or myself if you're too embarrassed to ask them and I shall help you. Whatever they allow you to call them in private is your own business."

Another pause. "Now going back, you can understand how something such as 'My Prince' would be seen as different than merely forgetting someone's covenant titles, yes? Sometimes words, even what may appear as innocuous words, can cause someone to be deeply offended if said in the wrong situation. To be honest, the wisest thing you can do is make note of what was done this time, so as not to repeat that same mistake again. But the fact you're here now clearly shows you are making wise decisions. Not everyone that's passed through this Domain can say that."

Kaze
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco
    Kaze

Striking Looks (Fit and Healthy Glow) 2
    Matt Joule
    Dirt Nap
    Alfonso Franco

+2
    SL
    PRE

Did it again! Sorry, post is for Dirt Nap, but accidentally w Player account.

Dirt Nap is still throughout Rebecca Simmons' speech, and for a moment or two longer.

Then he nods, "Thank you, Madam Harpy Simmons." he says. "I generally would like to call anyone by what they want to be called." he says. "I am a Supplicant of Terror in the Ordo Drakul." he affirms. "I can see how it was disrespectful, what I said, even if I didn't know any better at the time." he says. "I generally want to show respect all around, if I know how." he says.

Dirt Nap smiles at the compliment. "Thank you, Madam Harpy Simmons. I know that I'm in a hole over my head. I just want to stop digging." he says.

"I gotta find a balance though, where I'm not stuck hiding away trying not to do anything disrespectful. If you don't mind, as an example, I saw something I greatly admire, and would like to ask a person if they would be willin' to teach me how to do it. I don't know how to go about it without offending. I mean, do I just up and offer a boon, or do I just ask them what they would want?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca smiled when he used her full title. She could respect that. "Well thank you. I appreciate that. Is there a specific title or name you prefer to be called yourself? I know many have defaulted to Mr. Nap based on your presented name, but I'd rather hear it from you." Rebecca was clearly not above asking for clarification herself.

"I wouldn't say you're in a hole above your head yet. Like I said, I imagine the Prince understood where the mistake could come from since you're not Invictus. Now in regards to your example I would be hesitant to offer a boon right away. The reason being that you may offer a minor and they believe it is worth a blood. Such a discrepancy could be seen as you undervaluing what they have to offer. The wisest course of action may be to merely broach the topic of trading to receive the thing you desire and then find out what they believe it is worth. Though keep in mind if the thing you desire is the secret powers of the blood that only those of each Clan know, you may have to bring in the Priscus of said Clan to the discussion. Priscus tend to be quite controlling over such matters." She would know.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap
    Dirt Nap Scenes

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap listens intently as Rebecca Simmons speaks, watching her closely all the while. When she is finished, he is thoughtfully silent.

Then he says, "Thank you, Madam Harpy Simmons. I can see why people said I needed to speak with you. You have a way of putting me at ease, even when you might be telling me something I wouldn't otherwise want to hear. The thing is, part of why I have trouble sometimes, I guess, I don't much care what people call me, as long as they aren't trying to be insulting about it. The intent is what I tend to go by. What I can tell of it. I can't imagine taking offense to anything you would care to call me, for example."

After another moment of deliberate thought, he says, "I should leave now. I guess you must be pretty busy, Madam Harpy Simmons. If it isn't too much though, I had one other question to ask, about the monthly Court. That is, how dressed up do I need to be? This," he indicates the suit and tie that he has on, "is so uncomfortable, I feel like it makes it even harder for me to, well not 'be myself', but have my Wits about me, say."

He asks, "Would what I wore before, a good, clean Gingham shirt and a nice clean hat and new jeans be good enough? I sure would be more able to focus on what's going on around me, dressed like that. I'd be better able to pay attention and pick up how things are done."

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread