Ended
Watch

Mather Heritage Trail

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Shodan

"We have the Councillors and the Laws, don't we?" He responds to Phoenyx's comment about the need for structure "Not that I'm opposed to having a hierarch, as long as they know their limits"

If the Asian Talon was hard to get into like a VPN, Kaze was like a Tor network - the moment you think you figure the guy out, there goes another layer. Charity? Interesting.

"Well, some people need to mind their own business" Shodan responds to Gemini "But the Council's got some bad press as it is. You know what works best? A show of ability" True, some mages might be conservative, cynical, even xenophobic, but a vast majority of them knows skill when they see it "Then this whole line about rebels without cause just ain't flying"

Continuing, glancing over to the other Libertine as she speaks. A groan "God, same. You people wouldn't believe how many times people told me to shut up because all they saw was an IT monkey. I bet you" he directs the words to the two Arrows "have heard something like this before, too. 'Shut up, Talon, you're just a meatshield, let the cool kids do the thinking', and so on" He modulates his voice during the mock quote for further comical effect.

Shodan allows some time for jogging in relative silence, at least from him.

"So, what's your next big thing? You" and by 'you', he means the Mastigos "want to stay on top of the acting world, what about you two?" The Mover wonders what plans the duo has in stock, and if they're willing to share.

H
    Honon

Up ahead leaning against a tree in a pair of black sweat pants and a hoodie his Honon. He chuckled lightly when he saw Genimi but noticed the rest of the group. He waved as they approached.
    "I must be slipping with my times, no one is supposed to be around for another hour or so. Hey there City Girl, I see you managed to get up and out before noon."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The female Obrimos cockes her head at Gemini. "Why are people making you feel unwelcome? That dosn't make any sense. We're few enough as is."

She turns to Shodan. "Way I hear it that's a part of the problem. Huge turnover in recent months has people desperate to make sure Sacramento isn't being used as a haven for enemies and left-handers hiding out here. There isn't a local law - only what people bring with them. The numbers are too small to make a meaningful council - an order of one means suddenly a new person turns up and they're the councillor. No-ones seen enough of each other for a Show of Ability to mean much." She shrugs.

The 'meatshield' comment actually breaks a smile from Phoenyx. "I never mind that. They wanna underestimate an Arrow, more fool them. Just shows they don't understand our philosophy, or realise we're just as smart as everyone else. It's times when they come crawling back that we just have to stick to our principles. Our duty. Be so easy just to say 'fuck you' with a smile and let them suffer, but we're better than that. We are the shields, but that means being there even when you aren't always appreciated."

She falls silent as they approach a sleeper on the trail. He seems to recognise Gemini, but that doesn't mean he knows her.

Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze looks concerned at Gemini's words, "Well, remember, please, you haven't actually met any of the people we're talking about. Whatever other people have done that they shouldn't have, I hope you will keep an open mind and not prejudge anyone based on what I said. I wanted to give you both a head's up, that there might be some hard feelings left from things previous Libertines said or did, and I think that's wrong, but I'd hate to set you guys on a path to do the same thing, basing feelings towards people you don't know yet on things other people have said or done."

He responds to Shodan's comments and Phoenyx's response with a nod, "Yeah, to be honest, I just don't relate to the whole stereotyping thing. I mean, I think people are incredibly interesting, exactly because no two are the same, you have to get to know each one, one at a time to really know them. No shortcuts. I don't really resent people that make assumptions about me; I just think it's kind of a sad and lonely way to go through life, how much they're missing out." he says.

Kaze slows at the stranger's initiation of contact, interested in Gemini's response to the man given her having grown up in the area, and calmly prepared for quick action if called for. Is this a colleague of hers? A friend? A relative? A lover? A stalker?
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

G
    Gemini

"I was at the most recent Consilium, I don't need an intimate knowledge of my audience to read the room, Kaze," was all she said in response to Kaze's comments, opting not to respond to Pheonyx.

Gemini looked to Shodan with narrowed eyes and she pointed out, "You're not a blue eyed blonde actress who is expected to be dumb and not have opinions. Just the opposite, you're expected to be smart. And the Arrows are expected to be physically capable." At this point, this last bit is what would have been heard from Honon 's earshot. "My Mother's still disappointed I didn't get a tech-based degree before I jumped into my acting. She's always been on my ass about being more than just a pretty face and having a backup plan."

When Honon's greeting reached her ears, she quickly shot back, "Hey Nerd, you know this trail opens at 7am. And I used to go on runs with my father, you know I only really sleep in on weekends, and I haven't done that in a long time." She walked over to the familiar face and she gave him a hug. "It's always good to see you, Honon. I know we really haven't gotten a chance to catch up. I was going to call you once I got home and invite you over for brunch. I know my parents always love having you around."

Releasing him from the hug, Gemini looked expectantly to her dear friend, waiting for him to introduce himself to the group.

S
    Shodan

"Well, the way I understand things, at least Aurora and, uh... Campanella" Man, having more than three syllables in one's Shadow Name should be illegal "Have been here for some time. Alastor probably too, if he wants to be Hierarch. So there is some consistency here after all. And besides, it's always possible to build something lasting to show that we mean business, even if the population has changed three times over" He picks up the pace just to keep up with the Talons "Like the pyramids or something. Know what I'm saying?"

Turning to Kaze "Yeah, people might be interesting, but they're also... well, people-ish. I mean, how come you are a mage and you can literally do anything you want but absolutely refuse to stop categorizing others?"

And to Gemini "We must go among all classes of the people, comrade. Kaze is right, we should give them a chance, just in case they're actually decent. I mean, I'd probably be pretty tense too, if some asshole Seers tried to wipe me from existence" It's not really compassion that directs Shodan. He doesn't accept the grating that comes with the stress, he just tries to understand it. All the more reason to give the servants of the Lie a good kicking. "Untrue, I was expected to make an algorithm trying to sell you things work better. It's not the same thing. What I'm trying to say... what we're all trying to say, I think... is that we've all experienced discrimination and stereotypes. Some more than others, true, but so what, are we going to cry in a pillow?" A pause, long and theatrical.

"No. We're gonna do things. We are Doers at heart" Thank you, Ladies and Gentlemen for attending this TEDtalk. I will take your questions now.

Or not. A new face shows itself, one apparently familiar to Gemini. A name is quickly attached to it: "Honon". An expectant look is directed at the new mage in the hopes he'll introduce himself without further nudging.

H
    Honon

​"Listen Geek one of us went all the way to da big New York City to go to school while I went to play cowboys and Indians with no cowboys." He lifted her in the hug and kissed her cheek when he set her down. "Missed you."
    He looked to the rest of the group with a relaxed grin. "Hey Honon of the Mysterium. Its nice to meet the morning jog team. I hope you all have some interesting stories to share." He nodded gauging each person, ready to shake any offered hand as he released and moved to stand beside Gemini.

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"They have, but there's not enough to form a Path council, which is how the councillium used to govern, and in some cases the only ones of their Path don;t want to be the councillors," Phoenyx replies to Shodon. "So it's all a bit up in the air."

She watches the interaction, cocking her head slightly. Honon, as he introduced himself, also didn't have any sigils. It was risky, around here. "Phoenyx. Obrimos Arrow," she said by way of introduction. She doesn't offer a hand, but watches the new guy warily, dropping alongside Kaze.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and shakes Honon's hand. "Kaze. Arrow. Obrimos." he says. "So how do you and Gemini know each other? I just got here a few months ago. I'm from Santa Monica, originally." he says.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

G
    Gemini

"There's going to be no crying, Shodan, trust me."

Gemini turned to Kaze when he asked about how she and Honon knew each other, a bright smile on her face.

"Oh, he and I? He and I have been everything to each other for years. Play dates, movie dates, actual dates...we've seen each other through the best and the worst."

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread