Watch

Mather Heritage Trail

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Oh! We're using our 'made up names'!" Kaze says, smiling and doing 'air quotes', like he's quoting something or someone. He is quiet for an instant, and murmurs softly and gestures subtly, and a new glyph forms, and the sound of their conversation drops off to nothing outside of their immediate area.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-10 10:41:45 Kaze rolls 4 to Improvised casting Influcence Sound (Force 3 + Gnosis 1; ruling arcana no manna cost) (10 Again) 10, 1, 3, 8, 1 2 successes

"I'm Kaze, and this is Shodan." Kaze says, indicating the flamboyant man with him.

"I thought I heard a fellow native." Kaze says to Gemini, smiling and apparently oblivious to the interplay between the two women. "Santa Monica for me." he says. "Go Bruins. I just got back to California from training in Okinawa. Had to come back for In-n-Out, right?"

To Shodan Kaze chuckles, "No worries; we didn't plan anything, but we're Arrows, so you know, we always have each other's back."

Sound bubble safely deployed, Kaze gestures to the others, and looks to Phoenyx, "Come on, let's talk while we jog. I gotta keep my heart rate up." he says, smiling. He starts off at a casual pace, assuming everyone will join in since they're all in jogging gear.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

G
    Gemini

Amused at his reaction to her response to 'Alice', Gemini chuckled at Shodan as he introduced himself and initiated the vote to group up for the rest of the run on the trail. "I wouldn't exactly qualify as an outdoors person, I blame my Dad for my appreciation of running and trails like this. I take after him like that, apparently." As Shodan declared the motion passed, her aggressively kind expression softened up into something a little more natural and relaxed when he'd mentioned being a Libertine. "I've been a Libertine for about a handful of years. Recognized in the local...Club, while I was away at school, in New York City. Looking to officially get recognized here too."

She'd almost forgotten about the other girl, having made the effort to attempt to socialize with her but not giving her any more attention while she talked to someone who came at her with a more friendly attitude. Gemini was not going to force her presence onto anyone, but she remained as friendly and cordial as ever, at least at the surface; she wasn't about to let an opportunity to make friends get ruined by someone with a bad attitude. "Oh, Shodan asked about my..." She pointed in the air at her glyph. "I didn't realize you were interested."

Gemini glanced at Kaze, watching his spellcasting with an authentic smile, unlike the one she'd had earlier, recognizing his accent, similiar to her own. "Can take the girl out of Sacremento, but you can't take Sacremento out of the girl. I was at NYU studying acting for a while. The East Coast has its perks but there's no place like home."

The introduction came last. She assumed that the girl wasn't interested in hers, but she gave it anyway. "Gemini, by the way. Or Vanessa to the rest of world."

She opted to run alongside her fellow Libertine, leaving Kaze and Pheonyx to talk. She wasn't interested in stepping on anyone's toes. Not this time. Besides, Shodan had become fascinating to her.

S
    Shodan

Shodan is thankful that the Talon thought about deploying that little bit of magic. This doublespeak was getting somewhat annoying. He looks to Kaze first, now jogging with the others.

"Okinawa? You a marine, Kaze?" That would explain a lot. Starting with the man's physique and his choice of an Order "How long've you been overseas?" He only chuckles knowingly at the notion of the Arrows having each other's backs - ain't that the truth, perhaps the only closer-knit community in the Pentacle were the Guardians. Speaking of Guardians, plural... "How about you, Phenyx? You have a military background?"

Shodan couldn't help but notice there's now noticeable distance between him and Gemini and the pair of Talons. Not enough that they couldn't talk comfortably in any configuration, but certainly - there was a plan to it. After a moment, Shodan realized that he inadverently followed the blonde Mastigos' movement - she, who orchestrated the whole thing.

"New York? Now that is a long travel to make. You got homesick, tired of Broadway or was it something else?" He waited for a moment "And as for getting recognized... apparently you gotta meet with your Path Councilor. Or just let enough people see you to consider you part of the scenery. Anyway, it's not really formal or anything"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

The asian girl falls into pace alongside Kaze. She seems.... diminished, somehow, concentrating on her pace. She throws a look over her shoulder at Shodan. "No. I got raised into the lifestyle. Discipline, training. The Arrows were a natural fit."

She spins around and jogs back for several paces. "I never really met any Libertines before I came to the city, and the ones I have seem... esoteric at best. What made you choose that way?" The question is general, asked to both.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles broadly as they get moving, "Gemini, huh. Nice!" he says. "Studied acting? NYU is serious. Are you still doing it? Like, working or looking for work in acting?" he asks. "I was at UCLA on a football scholarship, until I got hurt. Didn't finish." he says. "Honestly, I really didn't even get far enough to really declare a Major. I liked Medicine."

When Shodan connects the clues and asks Kaze if he's a US Marine, Kaze looks embarrassed. "Oh, I never served. My grandfather was a Colonel though. He kind of raised me like I was a marine recruit, but he was set on me going to school. He passed when I was at UCLA, and in his Trust, he set a condition that I go to Okinawa. I didn't understand why at the time, but when I was there, I Awakened, and people there were able to train me. I still don't really know how much my Grandfather knew about...things, but he'd seen a lot of things in his life that he didn't talk about."

Kaze smiles at Phoenyx, content to let her jog in silence or talk as she wished. "I'm glad you came, Phoenyx." he says. When she mentions Libertines, he chimes in, "Honestly, I guess there was some tension between some of the Councillors and the Libertines that were here before, questioning if we really needed a Council or something. I wasn't here for that. I am really interested in getting to know everyone. As Arrows, we're for providing security for anyone here."

At Shodan's words to Gemini, Kaze asks, "That's right. Hey Gemini, what Path are you? The rest of us are all Obrimos here, I think." he says indicating himself, Phoenyx and Shodan.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

G
    Gemini

Jogging along at a comfortable pace, Gemini kept pace with Shodan, keeping in her plan to give the Arrows space. She couldn’t help but get the sense that Pheonyx was really only interested in interacting with one person and that was fine with her. Unaffected, the blonde continued on with the conversation, listening to what was being shared and sharing when it was appropriate.

When asked by both Kaze and Shodan about her education and her career path, she said casually, ”New York City was always a favourite city and I think I will always be an East Coast girl...but at the same time, being at home also has a different set of opportunities, less stage work and more screen work. Going to hit Pilot Season really hard next month. It felt right to come back home after a year. Felt like a little fish in a big pond and I missed the family support.” She added casually to Kaze, “UCLA is no joke either, Kaze. Smart and athletic is a fantastic combination and I’m sure if circumstances had been different, you would have done well in any major of your choice.”

Nodding at Shodan’s explanation about recognition at Consilium, Gemini nodded at her fellow Libertine and when asked about her path, and order, she explained, “My mother’s a Silver Ladder, really strict about tradition, very political. She could have been a Libertine considering her career path...but she went her own way. Becoming a Libertine was my version of going my way, especially sharing a Path with a parent I butt heads with. I’m a Mastigos.”

S
    Shodan

Even though some could take offence at someone calling fellow Order members "esoteric", Shodan is not one of them. So when Phoenyx does that, he simply bursts out in laughter for a second "Yeah, we can be a weird bunch. Individualism up to eleven is not something many people like, at first glance" Takes a certain liberal/unhinged mindset, apparently "But this 'you do you' attitude is part of why I like it so much. Besides, I figured if we want Atlantis back so much, then we shouldn't focus on the one who failed, but try to bring about a new one, one that will succeed. The Council supports this worldview"

So the Christopher Reeve double Arrow was not a soldier, but a Uni student? "Well, aren't you full of surprises, Kaze" He says playfully. But then politics come up "Shit, really? Well, I hope they don't think all Libertines are argumentative troublemakers." Because, let's be honest, that would sooo spoil the surprise "I prefer not to be kicked out of the party for looking similar to someone else"

Shodan listens to Gemini explaining her career choices, and an eyebrow is raised when she mentions "Scren work? You mean I will see you on HBO someday?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx startes at Kaze when he says he's glad she came - it seems to be a look of nervous apprehension mixed with embaressment and there's a tiny flush to her cheeks, though it could just be the cold. "Yeah, we're doing that. It seemed like things were a little rough around here as far as enemies of the Awakened go. Felt like a chance to put all that philospohy into practice." She half-shrugs as they jog along.

As Shodan explains Libertines, she listens intently. "I guess? I think there was a problem with trying to put a system in place from nothing, where you have the orders wanting one thing, the Free Council wanting several differnt things, but... no-one has actually been established here long enough to enforce it all one way. It all seemed very chaotic. I don't really care about the politics. I know what works for me. But to give the Concillium direction it needs some kind of structure. Even if it's just a Hierarch. There's not exactly a lot of us."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at Gemini's compliments of his school and of him. "Thanks, Gemini. I did really like UCLA. Of course now, I can follow my interest in healing a little more directly." he says. "There is so much to learn. I don't really need a degree to help people."

At Shodan's comments, Kaze chuckles, "Well, I guess. I don't think of myself that way, but other people sometimes react like I am." he smiles, "I don't think you have a chance of getting 'kicked out', just that if you get a vibe like you're not welcome, it's probably not anything personal." he explains.

Kaze nods in agreement at Phoenyx's words. "Yeah. People can kind of pass through here sometimes before you really even get to know them. I just want to do what I can to make sure no one is actually needing help, without us knowing it. Sometimes, people are just not around anymore, and I just hope they're okay."

G
    Gemini

In response to Shodan's question about screen work, Gemini smiled and shrugged. "I couldn't tell you what sticks, the entertainment industry is so fickle. I hope to be a working actress someday."

His words about schooling and UCLA ignored as well his response to Pheonyx, Kaze's words to Shodan immediately hit Gemini's sore spot about unwelcomed vibes. "Some people feel threatened by those with strong personalities," she commented through slightly clenched teeth, "I don't particularly appreciate feeling unwelcomed in a place I've called home since childhood, even if I am new to Consilium politics. I haven't been particularly impressed by anything recently."

Looking to Shodan, a face she'd recall having seen before just then, she'd give him a nod in agreement before she added, "People like me often get told to stick to performing, to stick to acting, and to not have an opinion about the politics that affect us. If we're going to be able to stand on our own, Shodan, we're just going to have to show them we're not the shit stain on the Consilium they seem to think those who came before us were. I'm no stranger to being an underdog in a competitive world, a world that judges me on a consistent basis. I'm just going to keep doing my thing. What are they going to do about it?"

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread