Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

“Blunt works. I’ve noticed that as the years have gone by, my ability to try and be nice to people is getting limited. Don’t get me wrong, I always try and be nice and find common ground, but I’ve learned sometimes you just have to be blunt. Some people just don’t get anything else.” And she was feeling less and less bad about it.

“I’m glad to hear they’re mostly fine. It’s hard not to be concerned when dealing with such unhinged people. They’re willing to do things and put innocent people in harms way for mere amusement. Really gets under my skin.” Magic should never be thrown around in front of Sleepers.

Laughing, “Now that would be something. I’d have to hear her sing to know how to rework my show.” Her and Tuesday had talked at one point about performing together.

She takes another bite as she listens, chewing and nodding. “I get the pride thing when I’ve worked months on something and it finally comes together. My body finally bends the way it’s supposed to, or I haven’t burned myself.” She says with a chuckle. “I have to say, you make it sound quite appealing. It’s been years since I’ve felt like I’ve had a chance to really use my brain on something. So that’d be welcome.” Despite what was said about blondes, she considered herself somewhat intelligent.

“Davis?” a nod, “Haven’t been around there and Sac U in forever. Might be good to check on it.” Couldn’t hurt.

“Sure, I’d be happy to take a look.”
    She wondered if he drank. Cause she was going to offer some homebrew while examining whatever it was. Her voice lowers, “If they are connected, that’s huge. At least it sounds huge. Two separate buildings, similar basement design, makes the hairs on my neck stand on end.” But, that was dependent on them being the same. She hadn’t seen the other basement yet. So a lot ‘ifs’ going on.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Sometimes our peers are regrettably more receptive to violence than diplomacy". For some people you'd need more than simple nudge to steer their ship back on the path of Wisdom.

Innocents? That's what separates the Visus Draconis from the rest. For the Guardians nobody is truly innocent. The purest among the Sleepers still nurtures a shard of the Abyss. Deep within the soul of each Sleeper there is a dark spark, an ember ready to be weaponized against Magic.

"Oh, they weren't doing that for the entertainment value", controlling the flow of information, that's what his Order did best. A clue here, drop another hint there, sit back and enjoy the beautiful face of the woman in front of you lighten up with curiosity. That was a juicy nugget of knowledge that he was dropping in her lap. That she was a Mystagogue only made the game more enjoyable. Would she report back directly to her order?

"Quid pro quo? Help me with my job, and I'll share some secrets", he chuckled.

"Oh, you're being far too modest. You're where you are, tells me your will is anything but weak", the woman was as forthcoming as they come. It was refreshing, the Guardian thought, that all that power hadn't gone to her head... yet.

"Sure", from his pocket he produced a simple white business card, having written a number on its back he slipped the cardstock to the Shaman. Lucien Chance it read, a cover name, "I was planning on next week. It's not like I have the busiest weeks"

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A light shrug, “There’s a time and place for violence, and it shouldn’t always be the answer.” At least not to her. "Though I am curious, do you think some people go straight to violence because it's the only thing they know? Or some type of character flaw? Or something else entirely?"

An eyebrow quirks at his words. “Sounds like you might know a bit more than you’re letting on.” She says with a smirk. “Everyone has some type of motivation to their actions. Amusement is sometimes the most obvious, the others? Well, sometimes they’re not as obvious.” Had she missed something?

A smirk and nod, “I think that sounds fair. But I warn you now, I’m not really all that exciting to work with.” She jokes

“Modest? Yeah, about certain things. I haven’t done nearly enough for our club. But, I hope to begin changing that.” It was time to step up.

Accepting the card, she looks it over. “I’m not busy either, but we can go when you want. If it was next week you were planning, then that works for me. Being self-employed has its benefits.” She grabs a napkin and jots down her number handing it to him. “I don’t have business cards, sorry.”

4. Likes Ruach, Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Sometimes", he said with hesitation, "sometimes is just the most expedient solution. You can't always pick the hill where you're going to die".

"The ones without a reason are the most dangerous ones. Though, there's always a cause deep within.
    Action and reaction",
    he taps his fingers on the table, "just like that".

"Good, me neither. The more boring, the better",
    there's something defeatist in the way he speaks.

He takes the napkin, mouthing off a "thank you". "Next week then, we could take a look at the communal basement and see what you can do with the evidence".

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A shake of her head, “No, I suppose you can’t. But as someone who’s always avoid things like that, it’s hard to get the right mind set. Though I’m working on it.” She wouldn’t be the first you’d call in a fight. Well, unless you were hurt or your arm was falling off. She could totally reattach that, for a short amount of time.

“Perhaps it’s the ones without the obvious reason that are most terrifying.”

A soft chuckle, “I used to find myself living for the next big exciting thing. Sometimes to the point of actively seeking it. But it’s either because of getting older, or other changes, that I find I like the boring. Though some excitement is needed to keep us alive and not stale.”

Nodding, “Next week it is. Anything I should bring?”

Coming up on the month mark, should we start wrapping?

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"This city is going to be anything but boring", he says digging in his plate again.
    "Well, neighbor. We're going skydiving. Bring a parachute", he deadpans, "you can probably get away without, given your... knowledge base. But you said you want to learn more, expand your comfort zone, right?"

"I'm being serious by the way",
    and he drains his tea.

Yeah, thanks for the Scene. I'm going to ask Yumyumcrow whether he has plans for the basement, otherwise we can do a recon scene

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

I've read the relevant scene. So there might be something in the offering but it will be a while yet (I have to mull things over a bit first). But by all means do a recon scene if you wish

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:
    Aurora Scenes

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

A soft chuckle, “That’s certainly been how things have been going. But at least now we have the numbers to finally do something.” Not a huge number, but more than just four or five.

It was hard to tell when he was being serious or not. She didn’t know him and his mannerisms well enough.

“I’ll see what I have.”
    She tosses back. Taking another bite, “And yes, I want to learn more. Comfort zones are fine and dandy, but need to be constantly pushed.” And she liked pushing her own.

Serious on the parachute….or serious on her expanding her comfort zone? Again, hard to tell.

“I’ll be ready.”

Great scene, thank you!

Page 4 of 4 First 1 2 3 4
Closed Thread