Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Opening her own menu, she listens before glancing down. “Isn’t that the truth.” She replies, “It’s hard to learn new outlets after a lifetime.” It was like learning a new part of herself.

“I was a performer, well, still am here and there. But mainly Renaissance Faires, the Circus, sideshows, or private events at Expo Centers. Was born into it, so it’s been a struggle to break away. Been relearning about myself in a way.” Maybe growing?

An eyebrow raised, she hadn’t been asked for help in a long time. “You got my attention.” She replies with a smile. There was interest written all over her face. “I’d be lying if I didn’t say I wasn’t interested in helping. If my skills can be of use, I’d love to lend them.” The hotel brought back some memories, “The Bismark. I wasn’t as successful as I would have liked, but I hadn’t grown my talents much then either. Though there are some areas I still struggle with, but I’m willing to try and help, count me in.” her Spirit was still not where she’d like it, but she was confident she could help.

“You know, it’s funny. Most of my life has been spent on the road, traveling from city to city, nothing holding me in one place. So it was hard to connect with someone as a friend. But once you do, and you lose them, damn it sucks. Don’t get me wrong, my roommates are great!” she’d lay her life on the line for them, “But we haven’t become as close as I would like. If that makes any sense.” She laughs as well, “Well thanks, seems my tricks are doing the trick at making me appear young.” But maybe she could find that balance again.

She looked slightly ashamed, “Yeah, I’m not sure what got into me. Between the stress of the last incident, then the attitude he threw at me, with that challenge, I just,” a heavy sigh, “I just let him have it. I used to just sit back and not participate in politics, but after a few years ago, it changed. So I was just done. If he wanted to challenge me, so be it, but I wasn’t going to bow out or go easy. I should of probably thought before I spoke.” But, it was what it was.

There was a solemn nod, “That is very true. I’ve been dabbling a bit in trying to understand death.” Why shouldn’t a Master of Life study Death?

She laughs, “But I’m sure they say that with love and admiration.” She didn’t picture him a father. But it just showed her how little she knew about him.

Aurora flashes a friendly smile to the woman, “Hi! Thanks for joining us!” her tone upbeat and just as friendly as her smile.

Accepting the extended hand, giving it a firm shake, “Pleased to meet you. I’m Madison.” Yup, she had seen her! Memory hadn’t gone yet! “How are you?”

2. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"It's good to have you back, Yuri", he said in a welcoming tone.

"Oh, I'm not having a hard time picturing you as some sort of actress or TV presenter",
    he spoke to the Shaman, his own genuineness surprised himself.
    "Maybe you should try a get together, roommates can be a hassle. Though, as I said, you should never let go of an authentic friend", Yuri was reading the menu, "Yuri should be around your age, If I'm not mistaken. So, Ladies. Shall we order?".

"As for that guy, let's just say I've met him in another occasion. Even there, he was drinking heavily. I just don't know. On some people, certain gifts are wasted",
    it's been so long since he had small talk like this. "If only you knew", the relationship with his daughters was strained to say the least. Estranged was the fitting word.

"Yuri", he paused, "Madison and I were just discussing business. A property redevelopment project, there are some... noisy tenants, Madison could help us evict or at least manage". He grabbed a hold of the bottle of water on the table serving the two young ladies before filling his own glass.

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Much of their conversation had been more or less missed. What she heard upon her moving towards their table would not be commented on. It was impolite to enter conversations in which you were not invited, after all. She did not, however, that 'Madison' had taken to studying Death. The similarity was not lost on the Moros, who had been studying Life herself.

A conversation for another time.

"Oh I never left," Eurydice offered, granting Winter a small smile as he welcomed her. There was a pause following her words, as she searched her memory for the Susceptor's public identity only to realize it had never been discussed.

Eurydice would release 'Madison's' hand after a moment.

"A pleasure to officially meet you," she said, her voice even, but kind. Eurydice would glance down to the menu, her stoicism returned as she perused the options.

"Yes, I could certainly eat," the Moros offered as Winter asked if they were ready to order. The discussion of age was left unventured, but Eurydice would offer Aurora a glance and a smile. If looks were any indication they were definitely close enough.

Then came the conversation about a drunk Awakened and Eurydice was fairly certain she knew who they were talking about. Handsome fellow. Stubble. Caused a ruckus at the Thrysus table some months back. Again, Eurydice offered nothing, her interactions with the others was limited as of late and, again, her input had not been requested.

With the mention of her public identity, Eurydice would look from her menu, dark eyes falling on the Susceptor as he explained what sounded like the need to police a property. Sleepers finding real magic? Proximii experimenting with dangerous rituals? The Cleaner's considerations were endless and, for once, she wished the Awakened could speak in plainer terms among the Sleepers. Dissecting everything spoken in code could be exhausting.

"Interesting," she offers, "I'd want to know more about the nature of the project, of course. And perhaps more about the tenants before I agree to sign on?"

Eyes follow Winter's hands as he pours her a glass.

"Thank you."

5. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Shaman beams, “Actress or tv presenter? You flatter me, thank you!” she had built her own fame around her abilities. But times were changing, no one really cared anymore.

“We have get togethers here and there, but not as often as I would like. Maybe I’ll poke around and get something setup. I did have a project I was working on for one of my roommates.” The cabinet. She hadn’t forgotten, and had it almost finished. “I would have loved to have held on to her, but she had to move on, personal reasons, and I wouldn’t have tried to stop her.” She wondered how Tuesday was doing.

Looking to Yuki, “We’ll have to talk more.” Maybe they had something in common? Maybe not, but it would be nice to get to know those around her. Glancing at the menu, “Oh, yes!” and blue eyes begin looking it over.

There was a frown as she shook her head, “That’s too bad. I was hoping the passion he had would help us as a whole, but, who knows.” Would he return? Or was he like most Awakened, stop at a place then move on?

Smiling softly, “As someone who recently lost mine, I know the memories are what I cherish the most. Despite the issues we had, there were plenty of good times.” She never spoke of her dad. Maybe she should?

A grateful smile as the water was poured, “Thank you.” She then nods, “That’s the idea. I won’t lie, I’m more skilled in some areas than others, but I’m happy to give it a try.” She knew she could talk to Spirits, and maybe that was all they needed.

Smiling warmly, “You as well!” she struck the Shaman as being more reserved. Which wasn’t a bad thing, but maybe there was more to her. Worth finding out. "Are you enjoying the city?"

Taking a sip of water and nodding her head, “Yes, there’s quite a bit left to discuss. We’ll have to setup a time to meet somewhere more private.” Cause she hated coded talk.

7. Likes Vincent liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

"Oh, I'm just being honest". He'd inform the waitress that he had opted for a pasta salad, a quiche Lorraine and enough dip plates to feed a small army. They would share.
    "Glitter Tea?", he asked them.

That man, Bacchus, was a walking landmine and they had definitely started off on the wrong foot. "We share an acquaintance or two, my mechanic actually. Chances are she's got his number".

"We should inform your roommates too",
    he explained, "we'll start with a small reconnaissance and establish how deeply the recent events have influenced the area. If confirmed, we might have to enact some... geographic alterations. I would prefer a diplomatic approach with the tenants", he sipped from his glass.

Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Eurydice's eyes land on her drink as it arrives. Match bubble tea with aloe jellies. Her stoic expression breaks slightly as her eyes light upon the first drink.

Her gaze flicks back to the pair as the continued discussing the troublesome Awakened, "Have you considered bringing in a neutral party to smooth things over?" she asked quietly. Stoic as she was, Eurydice knew she could negotiate if need be, "Or at least establish a working relationship?"

The Awakened didn't need to get along, but they did need to work together.

"The city has suited me so far, thank you," she offers Madison a small smile, "I haven't had much of an opportunity to take in the sights, but I've been able to establish a small office and get an apartment. Most of my time has been spent getting settled."

"I would be happy to assist," she says as Winter turns the conversation back to the 'noisy tenants'.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Being honest huh? She’d take it.

After he places his order, she’ll order a chef’s salad with French dressing.

“Oh, yes! I can’t wait to try it after you spoke so highly of it.” Something new to try.

“Maybe she could reach out him, just to make sure everything is ok.” In their business, you never knew. Despite her issues with him, she didn’t wish him harm.

Finishing off her coffee as she listened, there was a nod, “Sure, I’ll let them know.” She’d never really gotten to work with them, so it would be exciting and new. “In my experience with the Bismark, there seemed to be different things going on at once. Each level seemed to have its own, people, to speak with. Some more friendly than others, but hell, so goes life.” A shrug. “Diplomatic is always the best approach in my opinion. Especially with what we’d be dealing with. I like to leave other options as a last resort.” She wasn’t a violent person by nature, and hurting a spirit just seemed wrong to her. Unless it was defending herself or those around her. Then all bets were off.

Looking to Yuri, “I hadn’t considered that actually. But it might be a good idea.” She agrees with a nod. “I would like a working relationship with him, it would be very beneficial to everyone. And that’s more important than words and pride. At least to me. We have too many problems coming at us to have a divide.” But maybe he didn’t want to work together. It was hard telling.

“If you ever want to go sightseeing, let me know. I’ve been here quite a few years and know where some pretty cool clubs, buildings and the like are.”
    she replies with a smile, “An office? What do you do if you don’t mind me asking.”

11. Likes Vincent, Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:

OCC
    PRE

He nodded, perhaps they could extract a fine deal from those "tenants". In matters unseen the Guardian was a fish out of water, on an abstract level he knew about the interplay between the network of ley lines that embedded the planet and the Shadow, and that's it.
    Aurora queried for the details of Yuri's occupation. A Guardian rarely outright lied about his private life, rather they just kept the details murky enough to not endanger themselves or their families if they retained any. He looked at Eurydice, little did he know about her Sleeping life other than she was some kind of detective, ignorance when you're caught in the business of dealing with secrets is bliss.

wrong acct

Eurydice

Nimbus:

PRE

Eurydice smiled as Madison came to appreciate her suggestion for a mediator.

"I will bear that in mind, thank you," she offers kindly to Madison's invitation. At her question, Eurydice's smile remains. "I don't mind your asking at all, Madison. I work as a private investigator. It's not that glamorous really, but it pays the bills. My office is fairly small, but I'm hoping to mo-"

The Cleaner is interrupted as her phone begins to buzz. Looking at the caller ID the Moros gives a soft sigh, "Speaking of work... it's a client," she says, her tone apologetic, "I'm sorry, I have to take this."

Eurydice would rise, stepping some steps away before answering her cell.

"Yuri Solberg," she says her tone professional, "Mhmm... I see... Calm down and tell me exactly what you saw..."

Another audible sigh as the Moros' slender hand rests on her temple.

"We should probably get that in your record... No, we shouldn't wait, details tend to fog after a time," she glances back, "Yes, I can meet you. You still have the address to me office? Good. I can be there in 15... See you then."

Returning to the group, Eurydice's face was glinted with a sense of apologetic sadness.

"I must apologize," she offers, "but work calls. In my profession, we often have to be available on short notice and this particular case requires a great deal of attention. Perhaps we can do this again one day?"

Looking to the server, Eurydice confirms she won't be dining and gives them the money owed for her bubble tea, plus a generous again.

Composing herself, she'd look back to the pair who had so kindly invited her to her table.

"I hope you both have a terrific evening," she said with a small smile, "And thank you."

With that, the Moros departed, bubble tea in hand.

In preparation for this character's coming retirement, Eurydice exits the scene

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread