Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1812) Daeva Meeting

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

This scene is set on December 9, 2018. Substantive business will not begin until that day in real life. I have posted this a couple of days early so that people can enter and get positioned, as we are entering the Christmas season and it would be ideal to be done before the weekend before Christmas and the inevitable slowdown.

A surprise party. So said Twist and Vivian, and so it would be.

The chief meeting room at Nox had been gussied up. She'd put up fancy-looking streamers that adorned corners. Gold and red gift boxes in decoration, bearing Clan colors and shining brightly against classy LED Christmas candles that the Dragon had placed in strategic locations.

On the table before each seat, a small golden box, no more than six inches wide by six inches tall by six inches deep. On each box, a label, ribbons closing it off and a bow on top.

For the Respected Archon, the seat closest to the right of the Priscus's seat at the head of the table had a box decoratively labelled Archon Twist.

Across from Twist, Recognized among their Clan? Seneschal York.

On Twist's right was a smaller one for Deputy Sheriff Blackbird.

Across from Blackbird, a bigger one for Hound Davis.

At the head of the table sat the Priscus. She looked human. Blushed and empowered by the Chrysalis, all of the things that had been lost to her Beast were recovered. The little dimple of her right cheek. All those natural reactions that people did, the little autonomic functions that degradation took - it was all there. For once, she had dressed decoratively - plainly, the young Sheriff enjoyed Christmas, and she wore a red cocktail dress that was knee-length with a v-cut. Her shoes were still form over function, a mere one inch heel that raised her to five foot three, but the shoes were forest green. Her necklace and bracelets were simple gold chains, accenting the outfit with their Clan's second traditional color.

Business was short, but with the Daeva, things rarely were boring...

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird had intended originally to wear a dress to the outing, eyeing the lovely red cocktail dress she had worn all those nights before when she had set out to reinvent herself following the... disappearance of potential allies and networks. It was the first time she had ever spoken to the Prince in fact and Blackbird felt wearing it again to the night could be akin to finishing a cycle, but... alas no.

The need to seem capable and dedicated overshadowed the little bird's want for symbolism. It may well be lost on her fellow Daeva, for she did not engage with members of the clan that evening, not heavily. Thus, she instead chose to wear a familiar suit, with JUST the right amount of flair, the very same she wore when she met with Lina in the meeting that would lead to her placement as Deputy. However, the neonate was feeling confident and the need for some unique style awoke in her ego. Thus, she elected to not use her usual dark eye shadow, opting instead for a deep red shade done in theatrical fashion. She coupled the shade with an equivalent upon her lips and delicate rounded nails. Finally, a simple gold bracelet and choker to really bring the look together. Unlike the Sheriff, however, the bird did not force false life to arise in her skin, her alabaster face further contrasting the deep red coloration.

And it was in this fashion that the bird came to the meeting room, gliding in with an air of confidence before being hit by the full force of Lina's greater Beast. Yet, Blackbird was nothing if not adaptable and she had weathered the presence of greater Kindred long enough to know the need to push back the fear and lock the whimpering Beast within her soul. Then a smile, with her pale blue eyes resting on the petite Sheriff's form.

"Good evening, Priscus Moretti," she offered kindly, bearing in mind her Clan title, as this was indeed Clan business.

Then she glanced to the surroundings, taking in the festive decoration as a mild look of surprise glinted her features. "I had no idea you had a love for the holidays."

C
    Cross

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Shedding her coat at the check and revealing the outfit beneath, Twist made her way to the designated area. Taking brief time it took to walk there, she prepped for the rush her beast was bound to make upon entering.

Thankfully the rush wasn't as bad as it was for court. Only Lina and Blackbird. But it was a rush nonetheless. Ignoring the demands to add to the décor with blood and flesh, she smiled upon seeing not only her fellow Daeva but the room itself.

"Good evening" she chimed cheerfully as she stepped deeper in. Knowing that her own presence would be announced by such rather than her own beast. "The room indeed is quite festive, but the two of you outshine by far."

A benign enough compliment amongst the clan, but no less true.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

5. Likes Stray liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

This Daeva loved parties, small gatherings and whatever fit the fancy of the evening. With that, she had a lovely party dress on in the colors of their Clan. Her hair was swept up in a french twist and her gloves were the same color red as the sash of her dress. It may have been an overkill of red, but Vivian had no cares for the matter.

As she was about to step into the meeting room, her Beast snarled. Stopping to get her barrings, she fixed the length of her half length gloves and adjusted her decorative ring that fit perfectly over her fabric fingers.

Turning into the room, she had a full grin for all those present. "Greetings everyone. Thank you so much for having a meeting Priscus Moretti."

Surveying the room, it dazzled and gleamed with holiday cheer. "It looks like the holidays have arrived." As she walked a little, she saw the place with her name and took a seat.

Thank god for auto restore, this didn't post yesterday!

L
    Lina Moretti

"Christmas is great, Deputy. Let no one tell you otherwise," Lina said with a genuine smile as she surveyed her handiwork. When Twist arrived, the Priscus gave her a polite nod. "Archon. Thank you. That dress is... magical."

The black shoulder on red? Lina wasn't big into fashion, but that totally worked.

"You're welcome, Seneschal," Moretti replied, even as the added mighty Beast of the Seneschal shook her from destruction into self-preservation. Objects were briefly counted, the Pavlovian response she had trained herself to do, a mindfulness technique that she tied into her Coil. About the holiday? "You bet! I actually really like Christmas."

Finding her seat, she checked her phone's clock. The appointed hour had arrived and passed*.

"Mr. Davis has advised me that he is out of the Domain, and will not be in attendance, so... let's start, shall we? I have but one order of business. What remains is all pleasure, in that I have gifts for each of you."

She took her seat, speaking as she moved before settling in. She gave some time for each to sit and settle in before beginning.

"When I accepted the position of Priscus of our Clan, I was asked how I would handle the situation in which I had so much going on that I couldn't find enough time to do this job justice. My answer was that I would have the good sense to pass on the torch. Her Majesty has asked service of me, as her Sheriff and as a Regent of her Domain. The Prince asks, and I obey. That is the oath we all have taken. And so the time for me to exercise that good sense has arrived."

A nod, as she looked to Vivian and Twist.

"Elders, you know my thoughts with respect to succession. I would ask you yours."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird would nod an agreement to Moretti. The neonate knew few who did not bear at least some fond memories of the holidays. She was no exception.

Blackbird would offer the Duchess a smile and a deep bow of her head upon her arrival. As always, Twist's Beast was mercifully hidden. Blackbird did not know the Elder well, but given the fact the Prince herself had assigned the Daeva as her Archon, the neonate speculated her Beast, like so many others, was still stronger than hers.

"Good evening, Archon," she offered, "I am humbled by your compliment. You are radiant as always."

It wasn't just talk. There was an air of honesty to the bird's words. One day, she'd have to consult the Elder on her stylist.

"A pleasure to see you again, Seneschal York," Blackbird said to the Seneschal's greeting.

With introductions done and the Elders seated, Blackbird found her way to her appointed place and sat, folding her hands lightly on the table as she turned her full attention to Lina. At the explanation for Davis' absence, a glint of disappointment alighted Blackbird's features.

What a shame.

Then, to business. Blackbird loved that about the Sheriff. Her nature was direct.

With Lina's question posed to the Elders among them, Blackbird would shift her gaze to Twist and Vivian, staying silent. They had the floor, after all.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Thank you," Twist replied, true delight at the compliments from Blackbird and Lina coloring her voice.

Years of training kept Twist from outwardly reacting to the arrival of the Seneschal. Instead she turned smoothly and against the cries of her Beast, lowered her head respectfully to the Prince's second in command.

As the other women moved to their seats, Twist followed suit. A single eyebrow raised at the note that Davis was unable to attend. She wasn't sure how she felt about his absence, but she also knew it wasn't worth spending much thought on.

Settling into her seat, Twist didn't stifle the smile that flashed briefly as Lina's quick move into matters of business. Though the smile then faded as the floor was turned over, she retained the sense of comfortable ease of it.

"First - congratulations on your position. I am sure that you will represent our family well. As to the matter of clan Priscus, I would be curious to know any specific reasons why you have proposed who you have." A pause and then dark eyes glanced to Lina, for all of her easy posture, there was a sharpness in the glance. "After all, I am sure that it can't solely be because they are the only option..."
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

10. Likes Stray liked this post
    V
    Vivian York

Of course he was out of town.

Has he ever been in town, to speak of. He is absolutely mental.

Who on earth would want him back in their Domain? Surly he wasn't the cock of the walk there either.

Vivian scowled at the announcement that Davis wouldn't be there. He really seemed like he was on the last of his final warnings at this point. Although, if he did come back, would he have had time to think his ways through and not be so bloody arrogant?

It was no secret that Twist had a way with words. There was just something about the way she conjured up the perfect way to say things that always made Vivian a bit jealous.

"I too congratulate you on your position Sheriff. I am sure you will do the office justice." Vivian also had a feeling she may enact some justice as well. But that probably went without saying.

She didn't want to parrot what Twist said, even though her question was the same. "I completely understand your reason for doing so, Sheriff." Instead of reiterating the same as the Archon did, Vivian just simply flipped her hand softly toward Twist; indicating the question was the same.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Thank you both. I appreciate your esteem. To make sure I'm honoring that trust, I'll say at the outset that Blackbird is my Deputy and my apprentice as a Dragon. Of course, I think she's solid, and I accept that there's an inherent bias there. But I will also say at the outset that if I thought Blackbird wasn't qualified, I'd just hire more Deputies and maintain it myself until a qualified person came available. Here's why I think she is a good candidate to be our Priscus.

This is a Kindred who, when called to duty, has done admirably. She personally helped to destroy the cell of very dangerous Hunters last known for the destruction of the Brood using high explosives. She demonstrated leadership and wisdom in the gathering of intelligence on that issue. Leadership and will to act is, in my view, a skill that a Priscus should have.

She demonstrates judgment, wit and subtlety in how she handles matters, minding the details and being prepared. For example? John Davis, one of low connection to his Humanity, was getting set to run a meeting with an experienced Hunter. On the fly, somehow, she manages to make him look superbly human and then supported him in the meeting, which let Davis carry out his mission. Supports him in it, and helps him get it done. In this way, Blackbird supported her Clanmate's part in a Domain objective in a dangerous situation - which is what a Priscus ought to do.

The Priscus must represent our Clan's interests to the Domain. To do so, they must be politically astute and well thought of. Blackbird is known for her courtesy and grace. From her earliest nights here, she was already attracting notice. Not just from me, but from
    Seneschal York, too, who indicated she thought Blackbird of Recognition*. I don't think there's a single Kindred in this Domain who would say anything other than good things about her.

I told you when I took this position that I was the kind to get things done. Blackbird follows in the same vein - and she's much more pleasant than I am."
    That last was said with a little chuckle, a bit of a joke to lighten the mood. Lina knew full well who she was.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 21

You do not have permission to view the list of names.