Ended
Watch

(1811) Those Who Remain

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    K
    Krieg

Krieg stood near Dirt Nap , and shook his head. "It's unfortunate you bore witness to that." He looked at Davis and the others' departure. "I am Krieg," he extended a hand to the man. "I wish you had a better welcome to Sacramento."

Presence
    (Watching)
    New Identity Clayton Jordan Carter
    Obfuscate 2 Mask of Tranquility
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap accepts the offer of Krieg's hand. "Thank you, Sir. I've had worse. Of my own making, in actual fact." he says, looking after Alder Davis in perplexity. "I...have a lot of things I aim to learn, but if I had the time, I believe it would be real interesting to understand just how Alder Davis made his way to such a ripe old existence. If he was deliberately provoking, testing and not just creating that mess without knowing it, well he had me fooled." Dirt Nap says, shaking his head.

"It would take a lot of confidence to insult someone, then go down in a hole with them behind you." he ponders.

"Maybe just not understanding the basics of the Protean discipline, and how most of us kind aren't feeling what would seem 'normal' I guess, aren't feeling frightened and cowed even if our beast is the lessor one, even if we should. We tend to still just feel the anger.... I guess it's possible that isn't known, to some in particular."

3. Likes Cameron liked this post
    K
    Krieg

The giant waved away the neonate's concern. "I doubt that you have accomplished as many acts of infamy as the Colonel has." He looked toward the general direction of the ensuing conversation. "He is a man of unbridled confidence and bravado, that much is true. Rest assured, it is not his first faux pa. I wonder when his luck will eventually run out." He concluded the topic of Davis with a short quip of wisdom, "Sometimes, the Goddess deigns to bless one soul to serve as an example to others."

He cast his gaze to Blackbird , "Have you met the Deputy? Blackbird is a Daeva. Delightful young woman. There is Harpy Rebecca Simmons , of Clan Ventrue. Her wit is remarkably sharp."

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap nods, "Kind of you to say so, Sir." he says to Krieg. He lets the topic of Alder Davis pass, and follows Krieg's gaze across the room.

"I haven't met either of 'em yet, formal like." he answers. "You're not the first to speak highly of 'em, Sir. I've been told Harpy Rebecca Simmons in particular would be someone I could learn some manners from." he says. "For times like this." he adds.

"The name, Deputy Blackbird, is interesting." he says.

6. Likes Stray liked this post
    K
    Krieg

The Hierophant nodded in acknowledgment of the newcomer's appreciation of himself.

"In my humble opinion, Harpy Simmons is the best Kindred to speak to with regards to manners." The giant extended both of his arms out at his side, his palms facing outwards, "naturally, with Sacramento historically being an Invictus controlled Domain, it's worth taking the time to do so." His great limbs fell back to his side.

"If you wish, I can introduce you to them," a nod of his head followed, gesturing the suggestion further.

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap continues to gaze in the direction of Harpy Simmons and Deputy Blackbird. After a long, silent moment, he says, "I'd me much obliged to you, Sir." And turns back to look at the Hierophant, catching sight of Elettra Vitale entering as he turns. His gaze lingers on the new person, assessing. "She looks like maybe she could use the introduction too, Sir." he observes.

J
    Julian Durand

With a grace that belied his dread Curse, Julian moved towards Krieg and Dirt Nap, being careful to remain a single step behind the Madam Seneschal. Precedence was important, after all, and the Haunt would not presume to place himself before the Seneschal Vivian York

Too long on the road had left it slightly beaten and creased; but his suit was both well-worn and well-tailored, of a classic and understated cut. His features were stoic and aristocratic, perhaps even attractive in a pre-modern sense of the word. Nevertheless, it was the small features that were the most striking. The vicious glint in his eyes, that seemed to size up the Kindred before him like prey. The lazy smile, little more than the promise of a threat left unspoken. Predatory dread clung to him like a miasma, warping and twisting his best attempts to appear friendly.

"Good evening, Gentlemen" he remarked in what he thought to be a pleasant tone as he approached the pair, clamping down on the Fiend behind the flesh. His Cousin was mercifully masked, but the Fiend wanted nothing more than to flense the weaker predator before him. He forced it down, leaving it to stew in its bitterness and hate. Beyond his initial pleasantry, the Haunt would wait and allow Vivian to make introductions as she saw fit.

V
    Vivian York

The Daeva thought about taking his arm as they moved through the Elysia. Yet, she stopped herself for now. It would be entirely rude to assume that of Julian. She could still hardly believe he was back. It literally put a swing in her step and a sway in her hips. Although, now she was regretting not changing before coming to the Nox this evening. Alas, nothing she could do at this point.

"Good evening Mr. Carter, Heirophant Krieg." Vivian smiled. "Pardon for any intrusion and I hope we are not interrupting. I'd like you to meet Mr. Durand." She stepped to the side so that Julian could come evenly with her. "Mr. Durand has recently returned to the Domain. I thought it best that he meet his Priscus this evening."

"I hope you are getting along well, Mr. Carter?" She looked at him inquisitively and genuinely curious.

K
    Krieg

"I would be happy to," he nodded in approval of Dirt Nap.

The arrival of a new man caught him momentarily by surprise. The gorgeous Vivian York arriving a hair later, and introducing the man surprised him again.The man's general eeriness led him to suspect he was Family.

"Durand?"
    The giant Haunt turned to toward the Seneschal. "As in Julian Durand? The author of 'In the Mire of Madness', is standing right here?" The Hierophant looked to the man in question. "I never would have guessed you were Kindred. Even though it's my first time meeting you, welcome back." He extended a gloved hand in greeting.

"Thank you very much Seneschal York."

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-11-30 20:16:19 Krieg rolls 6 to Recognize Julian Durand, The Dreaded Author [Wits+Comp+Fame 1] (10 Again) 2, 2, 4, 8, 8, 2 2 successes

Presence
    (Watching)
    Occultation (Vampire)
    Dirt Nap

OCC
    PRE

Dirt Nap's eyes widen just a tick at the approach of the thing man behind the Seneschal, an unfamiliar feeling of dread seeping through the ever present anger of his Protean predator aspect.

"Evenin'" Dirt Nap manages in reply to the man.

Dirt Nap genuinely smiles and nods like a bow to the Seneschal Vivian York. "Passably well, Seneschal York." he says cordially to her, "Thank you for askin'". he says.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 16

You do not have permission to view the list of names.