Ended
Watch

Surprise Discussions

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

The Evening was slow. Slower than usual for the Harpy. But there she was in her office, going over papers for her chemical experiments. The design of the office was modern, to be sure. Walking in one's gaze would immediately land on Rebecca's desk; glass, simple and uncluttered. In front of the desk were two short, black leather chairs. Inside the office, to the right of the door, sat a black couch and another black chair around a glass coffee table.

Behind Rebecca's desk sat a wide walnut bookshelf filled with books related to many things, including pharmacy, drugs, and medicine. Resting on one of the shelves, behind a beautiful bookend, sat an flask, corked at the top and containing a dark powdery substance at the bottom. To any who entered the office would give the impression that everything there had a place and that nothing would be out of it's designated space.

She had come to work, but she was still in Elysium. She sat at her desk wearing a simple blue dress, her usual mask of friendliness and politeness on her face. Who knew who may arrive to seek out the Harpy.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-12-05 10:50:18 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Tatemae (Man+Exp+Kamen) (10 Again) 1, 8, 3, 7, 7, 5 1 success

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    New Identity (Myah Torsione)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist's movements were sure as she wound her way down and through Elysium. Passing through the quiet main room she noted how many nights it had actually been since she had come to Court. It was a number far to high. She would have to stop that.

Drifting in deeper, it was toward the office of Harpy that she headed. Finding that she would not have to come back another time to speak to Rebecca Simmons, it was with a pleased smile that she rapped lightly on the door frame.

Her small silhouette didn't fill the door physically, but as usual, that didn't seem to matter to how the petite Daeva carried herself.
    Counterfeiting Life (Blush) in Public Scenes

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Who could that be? Rebecca thought as she stood from her desk to close the gap to the door. As she opened the door she was even more surprised. "Oh my, Your Grace. Please. Please come in," she said, moving out of the way to allow Twist entrance into her office. "Please have a seat, where ever you'd like." She wasn't sure if this was a personal or business call, so she allowed the Archon to pick between the desk and the couch.

"It's so wonderful to see you this evening. To what do I owe the pleasure of your company Duchess Judex Twist?" She made sure to include the Archon's covenant title. They were alone after all and she wanted to show Twist the respect she deserved.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist smiled in greeting as Rebecca opened the door, "I hope I am not interrupting anything but I was hoping I could speak with you." Accepting the invitation to enter, she took a moment to glance around the room. Noting the décor, the stark simplicity of everything, finding little of it surprising.

Moving to the seat in front of the desk she lowered herself into it, somehow making the chairs appear as expansive as a chaise lounge.

She opened her mouth with the standard, just Twist for now at the address but let it go unsaid. After all- she was here on business.

"A less pleasant event than just conversation I am afraid," she admits. "I believe that you are keeping a record of the various boons owed amongst the Kindred of the Sacramento?"

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Business it is. Rebecca followed Twist's lead and took a seat behind her desk. "You're not interrupting at all," she said with a smile. Rebecca was merely doing minor research, nothing pressing.

Rebecca found it intriguing how someone so notoriously deadly could be so delicate and seductive. She was truly the image of a True Succubus. A slight tinge of envy fluttered through her stomach as she looked upon the Archon's features, though it didn't linger or show on her masked face.

As Twist continued Rebecca's face remained calm. Her desk was almost completely glass, with only some metal frames to keep it all together. So to maintain the simple aesthetic she had placed a small walnut cabinet, that matched her bookshelf completely, between the edge of the desk and the wall to keep anything that needed to be locked away and protected. She pulled a key out of her pocket, unlocked a drawer and pulled out a simple blue notepad with the word 'Prestation' printed across the top. She flipped the book open to the first page, pressed firmly along the crease to keep it open, and turned it towards Twist. "As a matter of fact, Your Grace, I do. As you can see I keep it here, locked in my office, but it is available whenever I'm here to be viewed by Her Majesty, Madam Seneschal York, or yourself. I have not had an opportunity to have a key made specifically for your access but I can upon request." She slide the book forward to allow Twist to take it and look it over. "What you will see is all the boons of the domain that I have been officially given notice of. When I am informed that a boon has been paid in full I cross it off, but do not erase it to maintain a complete record. Is there one in particular you'd like to inquire about?"

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Twist waited patiently as Rebecca retrieved the record. At the mention of a key, she lifted a hand, lightly dismissing the offer.

"I appreciate the offer, but I do not think that is necessary." A brief smile was offered to remove any potential insult that could have been perceived in her gesture and denial.

Leaning forward, a finger traced down the page slowly as Twist read. Internally she offered a small prayer of thanks to the Goddess that the printing was neat. Reading was hard enough as is without having to contend with the messiness of handwriting.

Coming to the end, a small furrow appeared briefly in her forehead at what she had read. Blinking, she returned her focus back to the woman across the desk from her. "A specific one? Ah... no. A specific person. But in looking over your records, I think some boons have not yet been recorded. So perhaps that should be fixed first..."

Shifting back she considered for a moment, giving Rebecca a chance to be ready, before speaking again.

"To myself and the Seneschal, a trivial boon from Lina Moretti.

To each of the Gangrel Dragons, a minor boon is owed by John Davis.

John Davis also owes her Highness a major boon."

A breath, "I was curious as to what other boons Mr. Davis owed. But either they have not been officially recorded or I was mistaken as to how deep in debt he was."

8. Likes Ruach, Cameron liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

As Twist decline the offer for a key Rebecca merely smiled and nodded her head. Twist then looked down the list and furrowed her brow, which caused Rebecca to raise one of her own in surprise. As she mentioned boons not yet recorded the Harpy became most intrigued, sliding the notebook back in front of herself; grabbing a pen to neatly print what information she was about to receive. As Twist listed them off Rebecca stopped for a moment.

"I did receive a note after Court from Atticus James, one of the Gangrel Dragons, informing me about the minor boon owed to him. Is the one you're referring to separate from that one?" It was important to know if Davis owed Atticus one or two boons after all.

Without waiting for an answer she continued to print out the other boons listed, stopping once she had written them all down. "Unfortunately kindred aren't always as diligent in reporting the debts they owe as they should be. If Mr. Davis," and it did not escape Rebecca's notice that even the Judex was referring to Davis as 'Mister' instead of 'Alder', "owes more people than I am currently aware of, then I'm more surprised that the indebted ones have not come forward to report such prestation."

She then looked down her current list, excluding a possible duplicate boon for Atticus, and counted the ones owed by Davis. "Though upon review, and assuming my list is now up-to-date, it would appear Mr. Davis currently owes two minor boons and two major boons. Now how many are attributed to strategic negotiation and how many are related to faux pas, I can't know for certain." She certainly had her suspicious though.

She clicked her pen, setting it down for the moment, and tilted her head slightly. "I hope it's not too forward on my part, but I'm curious to hear what Mr. Davis did to her Majesty that would require him to owe a Major boon." It was clear she did not think that boon was by his choice.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A shake of her head, "If this Atticus James is a Gangrel in the Order, than likely not. I wasn't given names but it seems unlikely that there were two situations to warrant such." Her words said she didn't believe it, but her tone was not as convinced.

"Hmm," she sounds, considering the Harpy's words. It was possible that they were just tracking themselves. After all, it had been some time since they had a Harpy, let alone one who worried about such matters. Habits are habits. Or perhaps some simply had forgotten. Either way, if Rebecca wished to correct that situation, that would be her choice.

Twist lifted an eyebrow, surprised that the woman didn't know. But then again ... it was some months ago.

"It was an incident at Court so I imagine it is not what would be considered a secret. He made the unfortunate mistake of addressing the Prince as 'my Prince' upon his first meeting her. It did not go over well." Especially when he was claiming Alder.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

With a smile Rebecca said, "I will follow up with Mr. James to confirm, but as of now it would appear the records are up to date."

As Rebecca listened to Twist explain the reasoning everything became clear. Rebecca had in fact heard about such actions. "Oh yes, I did hear about this. What a strange thing to do so early in his time in Sacramento. Even a uninitiated member learns quite quickly to never refer to their superior as 'my' anything lest they wish to be ashed on the spot. But this was some time ago though so I didn't quite connect his action then with the boon you're reporting to me now. He seems to routinely act in a way that does not comport with a claimed 'Alder'."

The words falling out of her mouth did cause her to recall something. "You know Judex Twist, this topic of mistakes and faux pas by a member of the First Estate reminds me of a conversation that Madam Seneschal York and I had some time ago. This was in the lead up to my appointment as Harpy and we were discussing the topic of manners and etiquette and she made a surprising suggestion: that I should seek the position of Au Pair for the First Estate. Now obviously I have not been in the domain long, but it would seem in some respects that we could benefit from a designated member who can teach those new to the domain, as well as re-educate those who have clearly forgotten, what is the proper way to present themselves. If you're inclined to appoint someone to such a position, I would very much be interested in putting my name in the running." Rebecca's face revealed no inner thoughts; no desires or concerns. It merely remained pleasant and friendly, a smile resting on her face.

Presence
    (Seductive)
    Striking Looks
    (Delicate)
    Mask of Tranquility
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)
    Twist
    Kalos Hamilton (Ghoul)

+1
    SL
    PRE

A faint smile and nod of agreement with her assessment.

Twist lifted a shoulder and hand in a slight shrug. "I do not believe that he meant any true slight to the Prince. A slip of the tongue, likely do to the effects of torpor. I apologize about the late reporting on the boon. The fault is mine entirely."

Twist considered Rebecca for a moment, wondering if she had any inkling on what exactly it was she was offering.

Finally a faint and wry smile flickered, "I wish that I could say that Sacramento has little need for such a position amongst the Invictus, but I cannot. Our covenant is strong and I believe that the core of what it means to be Invictus is fully understood by those who claim membership. But there is much that I think we all could learn in order to ... refine ourselves."

She dipped her head slightly, "I will definitely consider your offer. And I thank you for making it."

In truth, she was slightly surprised. Rebecca would be a capable Au Pair. Of that she had no doubt. But she didn't fully strike Twist as the kind who would want such a position. At least, not from the little she knew of the woman. Perhaps it was a sign that she needed to remedy that.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 17

You do not have permission to view the list of names.