Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1811) Of Harpies and Birds

THREADID
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca was pleased to see Blackbird had a desire to continue their conversation. The woman had a lot of promise and Rebecca was interesting in fostering it. Especially when she was just as capable at throwing the Harpy compliments as the Harpy was at giving them. She slowly shifted them away from the center of attention, then smiled a friendly smile and said, "Grace. I like the sound of that, and it's much appreciated to hear that I can successfully convey it. But don't sell yourself short either. Hunters may not be graceful, but I imagine you gained quite the value experience with them. Experience not many Kindred can say that have. That makes you even more valuable."

As Blackbird confirmed she was enjoying the conversation she left the topic up to Rebecca. The Daeva seemed to hold deference for Rebecca, and she liked that. "Well I'd actually like to know a little more about your goals or wants if you don't mind. See I've been slowly but surely expanding my own little criminal enterprise and was curious if there were any way we could possibly assist one another."

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird nodded, seeming to agree with the Harpy's first statement regarding her past.

"It was certainly an... informative upbringing," she offered, "I'll admit, however, that I'm glad that it ended long ago. Even if it means tracking down Ray could be problematic now that I no longer travel in the Hunter circles, I feel the benefits and knowledge I have gained far outweigh the want for simple vengeance."

Then, the neonate offered a smile as the Harpy got right to the point. She wanted to know what Blackbird was up to. Where she wanted to go. Simmons was nothing if not practiced and Blackbird was well aware of her own accomplishments. Thus, it seemed to the Daeva that the good Doctor was probing to see if she would be a capable asset to the Domain and, perhaps, as an ally. Given the Lord's own talents, Blackbird was all too happy to indulge her curiosity. To a point.

"I'm more than happy to indulge you, Madame," she began, "In regards to my goals in the Domain, my intentions have not wavered much since my arrival. I intend to continue using my talents and skill sets to benefit the Domain. Beyond politics, it is within the best interest of the Kindred to ensure the stability of Sacramento, I am no exception. Immediate goals are, of course, related to the Hunter threat, but once that matter is under control I believe it suits the interest of my position to ensure our brethren continue to operate according to the laws of Her Majesty."

Blackbird let the statement sink in. Blackbird was a Deputy now after all, it was fitting to ensure the Harpy knew that she intended to take her duties seriously. If that meant Simmons would communicate with others to affirm her loyalty and intention, all the better.

"I'm pleased to hear your operation is beginning to bloom," Blackbird said, her smile tugging lightly as she raised her brows in interest, "Certainly, if you'd like to discuss the possibility of a... collaboration I am certainly willing to discuss. As you may know, a fair percentage of my own resources is sourced from less than legal sources, namely fencing, though in the past I was also involved in real estate. If you have a product you need help moving, I'm certain I can help in that regard. Given my resources, I could also be convinced to invest if I can be assured of certain profits. It should be known though that I have no intention of dealing in guns. It hardly seems tactful to do so."

It was no secret the Prince was in on the gunrunning game and Blackbird liked her head right where it was, thank you very much.

R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca returned a nod. "I find that vengeance is never truly as rewarding as we tend to believe. Just think of all the benefit that can be gained by moving on from the past and expanding the now. Sure there are those in my past I wish the final death upon, but it would be counter productive for me to invest time locating and securing their demise, when instead I can enjoy what my past has led me to," she said, gesturing around her with a renewed smile. Her life was good. Revenge would add nothing to it.

"It's important to focus on your Domain duties. I commend you for that. Is security and safety you're general area of focus, when it comes to politics that is? I know some focus on the social aspects of the domain as a whole, such as myself, while others are inundated with the politics of covenant or clan." Clara had attempted to establish herself as a political rival. She wondered where Blackbird's focus lay.

"Collaboration is always welcome, and I certainly have product in need of moving. Not guns of course." Rebecca wasn't about to step on Ale's toes without her express permission. "How much do you know, or have I told you previously, about my work?"

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Again the Harpy's response seemed to complement the little bird's own viewpoints. Thus the smile remained.

Why did it take so long for us to speak?

"I feel it is one of cornerstones in regard to my philosophy, yes," she said in regards to security, "It is the duty of all of us to ensure the security of the Domain, but, since my promotion, it has become something I must priortize. In regards to the issue of Family, it is in the interest of our blood to ensure people recognize our worth. Therefore, when one among my Family shows appropriate merit I intend to support them publicly. When they don't? They become a liability to be... adjusted."

"As for the general Domain, I certainly have a want increase my own standing," Blackbird continued, acknowledging the office, "However, it seems imprudent to try and supplant someone currently residing within the existing hierarchy. I have heard the kind support the Seneschal offered publicly all those nights ago and it seems she finds me promising. I enjoy at least a cordial relationship with the Prince and am well regarded by my Priscus. Considering you and I are also seeming to get along, Madame Harpy, I'd think it rather rash to try and force a reconsideration of your position."

Blackbird was well aware of the position she seemed to occupy. A pleasant neutral force that held some positive regard seemingly across a wide range of Kindred within the city and she had also recieved numerous compliments regarding her etiquette, in an Invictus realm no less. Still, there were other avenues to power in Sacramento that would not require the forceful removal of figures with whom she had generated some rapport.

"I'm not sure we've spoken much about your operation truly, but given your nickname on the scene I assume it could be... pharmaceuticals or perhaps other substances?" she asked. Then the neonate spotted Alessandra as the Savage Prince began her approach with the two newcomers."I've helped move these sort of things before, but we can discuss this another time, it seems Her Majesty means to speak with one of us. Here's my card, please... don't be a stranger." She'd give the Harpy a moment to take the card before returning her attention to the approach of the Gangrel. If Rebecca did not take it, she would put the card back in her clutch.

Keeping her hands delicately clasped at her front, the little bird would bow her head deeply as the Prince completed her circuit to them, closing her eyes momentarily as the Beast within began to rail against its iron cage in fear. Once the fear was subdued the neonate would open her eyes, but keep them towards the ground until the Prince arrived. Raising her head, she would smile. "Good evening, Your Majesty," she offers her lips pulling into a small smile. The motion was genuine, Blackbird's last encounter with the Prince had been quite pleasant.
    Last edited by Yumyumcrow; Dec 3rd, 2018 at 06:23 AM.  Reason for Edit: At player request

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Yumyumcrow Sorry! I assumed from the Subdued Court thread it was the intent of Alessandra to join this thread. It appears this is not the case. Would it be possible to edit my post to omit the content from Alessandra's mention to the end of the post? Again my apologies!

6. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca couldn't help by agree with Blackbird's sentiment towards security, though Rebecca wasn't generally one to enforce that security firsthand. Then she made her comment about family and Rebecca smiled. "Kine usually say that blood is thicker than water, and while normally I would agree with the importance of family, as you say sometimes family needs to be 'adjusted'. Not everyone should suffer because of the dirty old uncle." And Uncle Davis had already made plenty of mistakes for the Daevas.

As Blackbird continued Rebecca waited to reply. "It's not just Seneschal York that sees promise in you. I do as well. And it is always helpful and important to have good, positive relationships with those in power, so I'm glad to hear you've made progress there." Then Blackbird said something Rebecca wasn't quite clear on. "I'm sorry, maybe I misunderstand. What, if you were rash, would you ask me to reconsider?"

Before waiting for an answer Rebecca focused on the next topic. "Very astute. Yes, I deal in pharmaceuticals and other such substances and I am always looking for help moving my product."

But then Rebecca's ears overheard the Prince mention her name. "I apologize for having to cut this conversation short but it appears I am needed. I'd like to talk more in a private setting so we'll have to get together to set something up." Rebecca took out a card and offered it to Blackbird, taking one if offered. "Please excuse me," she said, offering Blackbird a nod of her head before heading towards where she was needed.

Rebecca returns to main thread

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The Harpy's example of a dirty old uncle drew a quiet giggle of amusement from Blackbird's lips, though she had enough since to raise one of her and in order to at least hide the motion partially should Davis overhear.

"Your support in my rise is humbling, Madame Harpy. I am glad my efforts are being regarded so positively beyond the bounds of family,"
    she offered. Then Rebecca offered her a question to answer. "I'm simply saying I have no wish to become your rival," she said, her voice one of assurance. She was aware of Clara's play in the past. "Given our growing rapport, I'd think it in poor taste for me to try and supplant you or support others who might try and do so. To attempt to make others reconsider your position as Harpy would be rash and destructive, for myself and the Domain. It would be disastrous, in fact. You are incredibly capable and astute. Given our mutual interests, I feel we could become good friends. And allies."

At Rebecca's affirmation of her 'product', Blackbird merely smiled.

Then came the call of the Prince and Rebecca holding out a card. The neonate would take it, handing out her own in turn.

"Certainly, Madame Harpy," she offers kindly, "Duty calls. We can discuss our... collaboration another time." To the Harpy's nod, Blackbird offered one of her own before watching her leave. After a moment, the little bird leaves the small sphere as well.

Good to close! Thanks, Rebecca Simmons Matrixchild ! Also Thanks for fixing my mistake @%1; ! Blackbird returns to the main thread

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 8

You do not have permission to view the list of names.