Ended
Watch

(1811) Welcome to town

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
    S
    Steven

"Yeah, not sure where they pulled Atticus out of, my parents didn't come with fancy names so maybe they wanted to change things up." It was the handshake that did it. He thought he could ignore the little fucker, but it is there, it always is. Well, Almost always. The serpent, the wolf, the beast, all the names it’s called, either way, he feels it in nearly every kindred he meets. Maybe one day he will get used to it. As the sheriff sits, Atticus sits, and it is a heavy sit. He forgets sometimes that he doesn’t have to sit heavy on land, the cushy carpet isn’t going to pitch and slide his chair around like the deck of a boat.

“So, where to start. I work with the Order. I have the blood of Clan Gangrel.” He says these facts with no real reverence, after all, people don’t say Hey I’m Human, with any kind of magic in their voice.

“Originally from Washington, the state not the city, traveled around a bunch. I was a fisherman by trade, still do when I need to make some extra money. You’d think that working on a boat would be hard for our people, but volunteering to work the night shift tends to keep me safe,” Atticus explains how he plies his trade as he instinctively rubs his right thumb into the scarred palm of his left hand, forever cracked and worn from doing the work of his trade. The fisherman probably doesn't realize he's doing it. “Most recently, I came from Alaska. Was working with a charity up there, helping vets get jobs on boats.”

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded as he spoke. She watched him rub his scared hands, hands of someone who is willing to put in the time and effort to get the job done. He worked with a charity, that impressed Mable, probably wouldn't matter to many others but to Mable, it mattered.

A smile, "That's great. Sometime I would love to hear more about your travels and your work. Are you planning to stay around here for a while or are you just passing through?"

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina chuckled quietly at the whole parent thing. "Detective novel. Twenty bucks."

So he was a fisherman. Gangrel, too. Probably solid with his hands. She wondered if he could fight, but that wasn't necessarily something she wanted to bring up here and now. A martial Ordo Dracul could get a lot done though, getting into places and taking control of magical sites that would be contested. Defended. Hell, maybe with enough help, they'd be able to breach what was down in the Florin sewers...

For later, though.

He actually sounded like a nice guy. Helping mortals? Good for him. She wondered what he was studying by doing so.

"Surrounding yourself in a community of mortals is a good way to learn about the Beast, and about Humanity. I'd like to speak to you more about this privately. There's another new Dragon around. Fella goes by Dirt Nap. I call him C. J.." A wry smile crossed her face. "I'd like to sit down with both of you in short order*. Give you the lay of the land."

She glanced to the Priscus.

"In the meantime, why don't I let you finish your Acknowledgment with Priscus Wood? We can chat later on."

Steven OOC*

A
    Atticus James

Atticus gives a nod to the Sheriff of Sacramento.

"Alright Sheriff Moretti, I look forward to talking more later and meeting CJ."

With the Sheriff making her way to other conversations Atticus shifts his focus over to his Priscus. "Yeah, I am planning on sticking around for a while. There is a lot of work I can do here. We got all the time in the world after all." Atticus gives a bit of a smile.

L
    Lina Moretti

With a nod and a smile to both, Lina got set to say goodbye.

Then, she heard something that made her face go flat.

"Excuse me."

Lina returns to Court.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nods to Lina as she leaves. "Very true, we do have all the time in the world. But you, need to be acknowledged. Do you have any questions before we proceed or would you like to just get down to business?"

A
    Atticus James

With hell in boots heading off to make someone else’s life a good time, Atticus shifted his attention solely to Miss Mable Wood, Priscus of Clan Gangrel. “Well, let’s get the acknowledgment handled and whatever questions come up during that, I'll ask.” He figured that once the formalities were over they could speak a little more freely. He didn’t want to make the Priscus repeat herself or anything. “If that works for you?” Atticus asked leaving it up to the Gangrel matriarch.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a warm smile, "That's the way I like it." She pulls out her phone and unlocks it and then puts in a code for the locked file. "Please read theselaws of the domain. If you have any questions please let me know." She hands over her phone to Atticus.

A
    Atticus James

And he read, took two passes through, just to make sure he didn't miss a beat. "Alright, looks good. It looks pretty standard from what I have run into before. Is this Prince Antinoria around much? Just want to know so I don't go stepping on her toes by accident."

Best to know who had the biggest stick in the room before you pick a fight.

"Also, I heard this was this was an Invictus domain? So, how much of their stuff do I need to know?"
    Atticus was not looking forward to that test if he had to take it, he had enough on his plate right now let alone trying to open that book.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable nodded, "Yup all pretty standard. The Prince is around, a lot. She prides herself as being approachable. However, I don't advise pissing her off or getting on her bad side." Mable chuckled, "She would make a very scary enemy, but is also very supportive."

Mable paused to think, "Well, you need to use formal and proper titles in court. The harpy, Rebecca Simmons is a great one for asking about manners etc. I tend to watch and try to say the things she does. I am not very good at titles etc but I am getting better. Never, and I can't stress this enough, never call the Prince, my prince, that is a huge invictus insult."

"So to formalize this, Will you abide by the Praxis of the Prince and be loyal to her and the domain as well as the appointed officers of the court? And do you understand this oath is considered binding and there will be extreme penalties for breaking it?"

"Also, I have a few gangel rules.
    1. Keep yourself out of trouble. If you do get into trouble, call me. 2. Don't teach our clan disciplines without permission from either me or the Prince. 3. If you have any questions, feel free to ask me. I do not get angry about questions and over react, so you have nothing to fear from me. Speaking of which, do you have any questions at this point?"

Page 2 of 3 First 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.