(Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

.ll

A
    Atticus James

Well... Atticus looks around. Yeah, not my world. The coffee here probably takes longer to order then to say my full name. If he wanted a black coffee he’d probably have to order some Ristretto Espresso-non-sense. I miss coffee. It’s the only addiction that still creeps up on him, Coffee. Atticus wasn’t a snob about it, but there is something about a black cup, at 2 AM diner counter, with a cigarette and the hum of neon lights that just can’t be replaced. He can do all of that but without the coffee, or knowledge it was just going to come back up, ruins the experience.

The woman who approached him was certainly no slouch, she had a beautiful round face with smoke show almond-shaped eyes and perfect skin. Atticus didn't risk checking out her legs in that dress, but he thought about it. She’s probably never seen a salt mine. Atticus thought before mentally punching himself in the face. He didn’t know where this woman had been or what she had seen. She could be a thousand years old who got her start slave on some Egyptian chain gang. Atticus knew he needed to work on that. He can’t judge people based on the thickness of their callouses, especially in this new world. His mentors at the Order regularly had to remind him that books are not covers, especially when it came to kindred.

“Hello Ma’am. Yeah, that would be appreciated. I’m actually looking for two people.” The bass and gravel of Atticus’s voice had a working man's manners. The kind that said he respected his momma and knew the back side of a wooden spoon if he spoke out of turn. He kept himself calm, even though monster under the woman’s healthful exterior was about ready to snap his head off. “I’m Atticus,” He extended his weathered hand, then remembered where he was, Invictus town, first names are a no-no depending on what side of the fence people fall on. Well, can’t take it back now.

“I’m looking for a Lina Moretti and who-ever is the head of Clan Gangrel if you don't mind?”

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable gave him a warm welcoming smile. She reached out her hand, "Mable. But in court I am referred to as Priscus Wood." He had a great voice, she thought. "I believe I may be the Gangrel you are looking for." She tried not to giggle as visions of Starwars movies flowed through her mind.

"You also are seeking Sheriff Moretti, does that mean Ordo Dracul?" Mable gave him a look of interest, she had hoped for another Crone but that was fine. Everyone had their own paths to take.

"Why don't we find a quiet place that isn't in the doorway. Then we can speak further."
    Mable looked around the room and saw a corner that was unoccupied. "Over there looks fine. Unless you are more comfortable near the door?" He did seem a bit anxious and who could blame him in a new domain and all these beasts.

A
    Atticus James

Did she smell me coming? Atticus wonders jokingly. He probably didn’t smell good, being fresh off a boat and all. Atticus grabbed a shower at the shelter, but couldn't wash his gear. “Good to meet you Priscus Wood. Yeah, that’s probably a good idea.” Atticus gestures for the Priscus, My Priscus, to lead the way. As they arrive at their destination the fisherman tries to be polite and pull a chair out for Mable. Atticus then seats himself. If Mable took the offered chair, they would be sure to not have their back to the door.

“I have some ties to the Ordo” Atticus says while he sits, “so I was given Moretti, sorry Sheriff Moretti’s, number. She told me to meet her here. From there I was going to try to track you down, looks like I saved a step.” Atticus’s eyes dart toward the door and then back to Mable, he hears the shuffle of cards and sees another Vampire walk in the door, it's getting busy in here...

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable takes the offered chair with a grateful look, "Thank you very much." Wow, manners and everything, who says we are savages.

Gesturing to the couch where Lina sat, "That is Sheriff Moretti. She has quite a list of impressive titles, every one of 'em earned."

Looking back at Atticus, "So I have a few questions. First, do you have a last name that you go by? Usually when in court we use more formal names."

"The rest are just general get to know you and your intentions. Where are you coming here from? Do you intend to stay a while? Are you seeking formal acknowledgement? I guess, that's enough to start with." Mable grinned.

L
    Lina Moretti

"My ears were burning."

The small Daeva wasn't there one minute. But she was the next, stepping forward on quiet feet. The Grand Wyrm wasn't an impressive figure. Athletic, sure, and certainly strong, but at 5'2'', Lina Moretti did not scream 'shitkicker'. What was distinctive about her was the incredible humanity about her. The little cues that faded from vampires, things they had to fake, things that would eventually give them away as monsters - they were all there with her. Save for the paleness of her unflushed skin, she looked... human.

An astute student of the Coils would recognize it. This woman was a student of the Elysian Coil, the Coil of Souls.

"But please, don't let me interrupt you, Priscus Wood."

The Sheriff folded her hands in front of her and fell silent.

A
    Atticus James

Atticus waves off the thank you, “My momma raised me right,” She did too, Momma James would have tanned the back of his neck if she found out he wasn’t showing manners to a lady. Another man, she wouldn’t have cared much unless he lost the fight. Show manners to ladies and your better’s boy, but only when you figure out who they are. Atticus remembers his mother saying. I miss you, momma.

Atticus was about to address answer her laundry list when someone she walked up, Hell in boots.“Sheriff Moretti. We spoke on the phone. Atticus James.” Atticus stands for the lady and extends a craggy hand to her. “Want to sit?” Atticus gestures to a chair at the table. “I was just about to give Priscus Wood my info. You should probably know it too.” He saw the pallor of Moretti’s skin and knew what it was, he had seen it before.

Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Good evening, Sheriff Moretti. Please join us. Looking lovely as ever, especially for someone with ears on fire." Mable gave her a warm sincere smile. "Yes, I was just pointing out who you were for Mr. James."

To James, "Your Momma, did a wonderful job. Please continue."

L
    Lina Moretti

Damn. That voice, though.

Lina shook the new guy's hand, gritting teeth a little with the smile as she chained the Beast back into the Coil that bound it, away from the urge to spill gore on the Elysium's floor that surged forward as she felt his thin blood. "Atticus James. That name belongs in a detective novel," the little PI said with an amused smile crossing her face. "Lina Moretti. Good to meet you in person."

She found a seat. Apparently, she did in fact want to.

"Thank you, Priscus. I was shooting for function over form, but that form still is present is good to hear."

Her head swiveled back to James, and she fell silent, giving a nod to encourage him to continue.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.