Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1811) Sanctuary 21

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Kasterborous

Responding to Kaze, "I wasn't sure at first but now that you mention it I do detect a slight misalignment in the temporal forces. Forgive me, I dismissed it on the account of mages. A clock you say, temporal attack. Well, it is most fortuitous that I have arrived. Of course, if it is a private matter, I completely understand. New face and all."

A
    Alastor

Glancing to the new guy, Alastor said, "You walked into a fair challenge, fairly given. Nothing more." He was new. It wasn't his concern, not until he'd been vetted. "Kasterborous," he mused, letting the name flow around in his mouth, thinking about where he knew it. There was a moment of recognition, and the Arrow laughed. "I think someone's a Doctor Who fan."

Yup. The guy talking all about Time magic named himself after Gallifrey's constellation. Alastor watched TV.

Turning his attention to Aurora, he replied, "Civilized Duels don't require healing. It's a test of will. If I wanted to hurt someone, I'd be saying we do this by Arrow rules. Whatever the fuck that was with Epitaph, that wasn't a Duel. That was crazy."

K
    Kasterborous

"Indeed, I am a Doctor but I could only wish to ever be 'the' Doctor. So about that Clock." Kasterborous was curious about this lot of mages but more concerned with matters of time and space.

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He would have rolled his eyes, Sacramento seemed to be a magnet for the strange ones after all, but more pressing issues were occupying his bandwidth.
    By not objecting, Aurora had granted her assent to the Arrow's plan, the assent of a Master nonetheless, now it would be impossible to convince Alastor to refrain from following his plan.
    "Rangers lead the way", he frowned. "Say, Arrow. What makes you think that a duel is the best way to select a leader. And besides, leaders must be constantly tested. Without a power base in place, the leadership of this Consilium is going to be flattened into a contest of One-upmanships"

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"A power base would be...loyal followers?" Kaze muses softly.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

A
    Alastor

Alastor smiled politely. "Do you feel as though I lack support, Winter?"

He glanced over his shoulder at the Adamantine Arrow present, then back at the Guardian of the Veil.

"But it isn't even about that. I put it to a test of individual merit so any individual could step forward and show their will. I am openly inviting you to step up. Telling you, in fact, that I think you would be a good Hierarch. Telling you, in fact, that I think you demonstrate Wisdom. But you won't. And why not? You're not afraid of losing. No, Winter, I think you're afraid to win."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

The Obrimos doesn't move from his seat, "Loyal? If you want loyal get a dog, the Wise are not followers. I'm talking about trust"

"This isn't a prison yard where the winner gets to controls the hour of fresh air, this kind of bravado won't serve anybody here. Look around",
    he pauses seemingly counting the people in the room "There are six of us here, which community is this esteemed leader going to lead when the rest of the members are not even present to voice their opinions? And on what ground our duelist is going to prove his fitness to command?", now the question was, just why the arrow was hell-bent on asking him to take this poisoned apple?

"I've lead in the past under different circumstances", his past in the army comes to mind. "Right now it's not the time and neither I'm the most qualified or respected member of this Consilium. This isn't about military strategy, this is about unifying our peers. No Libertine or Apostate will ever agree one hundred percent with a Guardian in the button room, and right now we need their full support". Much was left unsaid, there was very little freedom in the position of Hierarch, and Guardians were anything but liberal with eschewing their personal freedoms "And neither you have asked any of the masters before levying your challenge"

"But if it's a duel that you want, then you need look no further. I stand here before you"
    , he sprung up from his seat. A coward he was not.

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx watches the two older members squabble. She gives the air of exasperation, but says nothing and sips her coffee, and gives Kaze a sidelong look.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Shodan

Some serious magic stood behind the Circle of Creation, that much was clear. The Sleepers ignored it, and it doesn't take a genius to know just how much voltage you need to hide something this big. If not for some clues from back home and the Awakened senses, he might've missed it!

Clothed in a stiff power suit, the young mage turns off his iPod and slowly pushes the heavy doors open. In the absence of this thick barrier, he could've heard the argument that just transpired. As it is, he just made his way to the less... intense looking members of the group inside.

Seems like I am late to the party

"Uh... hello." Uncharacteristically shy, perhaps because of how big the structire was "Name's Shodan. Sorry to interrupt... this, but I heard this is where the, uh, gifted people gather?"

He awaits the answer in silence, full of expectations.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Hello!" a young, vaguely Asian looking man in a brown leather jacket over a gray, solid knit tee shirt and black trousers and shoes moves over to greet Shodan with smooth athleticism. Smiling he says, "I'm 'Kaze'. Talon of the Adamantine Arrow; Obrimos. Welcome to the Sacramento Consilium. Not everyone is here yet."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread