Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1811) Sanctuary 21

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    K
    Kasterborous

"Yes, so it appears to be." Kasterborous acknowledges the one who introduces himself as Kaze. "I couldn't help but notice the uniqueness of the architecture here. Oh cafe, I don't like it. Please, I'll have a cup. Maybe my tastes have changed." Kasterborous follows Kaze to introduces herself as Aurora.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"How, unique?" Kaze asks, thoughtfully interested in Kasterborous' perspective. "I mean...it's a replica...but smaller." he says. "At least, I thought it was a replica. I don't know hardly anything about architecture though, so I could totally be missing something."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

A
    Alastor

Blink. Blink. Over the cup of coffee steaming before his face, Alastor peered at the old fella.

"Haven't seen you around here before. What's your name and your Order, sir?"

The rugged Mastigos turned to face him square.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Wait...he didn't like coffee...but still wanted a cup? In case his tastes had changed? What?!

Shrugging, she hands over a cup.

A smile and nod offered to Alastor, "Hey."

Another offered to Phoenyx.

Then Alastor asked what was on her mind. Who was the new guy.

Taking a cup for herself, she carefully sips it and listens.

5. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

He shots up acknowledging the woman, slipping back into his seat as soon the Shaman has adjusted and has taken a seat for herself, "No, thanks. I don't drink coffee", shaking his head at the offer.

"It's been good, quiet. Did some digging around, how about yours?",
    his peripheral vision notices the younger Arrow, he Guardian greets him with a nod, then the other recruit followed by the newcomer, "there's a quiet place downtown, they brew a magnificent bubble tea. You'll probably like it", he adds.

Then it's Alastor's turn, he growls back to the man, "Fine, Arrow. I've been quite busy", the tone couldn't be more different from the one he's employed with Aurora or the newcomer.

"It's an almost exact replica",
    he chides in, "whom do we have the pleasure to be addressing?", he adds blunt.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

The Arrow sighed at the display of Winter having missed the point.

"Yeah, that tone isn't going to fly. What? You upset because someone finally stepped up?"

He turned to the assembled Magi.

"Winter here is salty because I opened a challenge for the position of Heirarch. And let me tell you, I sure hope someone shows some guts and challenges me rather than scowling and being bitter like ol' Winter here. Because I don't want the job, but I am done with indecisive leadership."

Back to the West Point grad, he said, "Could be you, Guardian. You certainly talk a good game. Knot might have hated your guts, but I respect you. So. Rather than being salty? Step up. Or encourage someone you approve of to."

Squinting eyes bored a hole in the Guardian.

"Because if you think this is a personal power grab... you're missing the point."

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx's eyebrow arches at the peculiar newcomer, and his indecisiveness. Some people just can't make a choice. She watches as Alastor inquires after him.

Seeing the First Talon and the dour Guiardian rub gainst each other makes her sigh internally. Both were stright-talking - direct and unabiguous, traits she admired in each of them. Why they seemed to be so at odds was, thus far, beyond her.

"A Hierarch is traditional,"
    She voices gently but firmly. "It was my understanding here was a lot of... friction when attempting to form a council, so such a role would be responsible for the Paths that do not elect a councillor through either lack of numbers or lack of desire to pursue such a role." Phoenyx looks around. "Arrows do not seek to lead, but we do serve. If Alastor considers the best way to serve the Pentacle is to adopt a role of leadership, he has not hidden it, and made the challenge openly and honestly. inviting all challenges to that position. If he is uncontested, he will be Hierarch. It is Tradition."

It's the longest amount of words anyone has heard her say in one go. Having said her piece, Phoenyx slips back to the edges with her hot cup, moving to stand behind the First Talon. She watches the room carefully.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    K
    Kasterborous

Responding to Kale "The spacial geometry is all wrong to be an exact duplicate."

Answer Alastor's query, "Ah, yes. Popped over a bit from Davis, perhaps may be staying a while, never know where the temporal eddies may deposit me. I am known in some circles as Kasterborous, guess this would make another. Sorry presently out of order you could say."

Turning to Aurora to receive the coffee, "Oh thank you." Taking a sip. "No, no, definitely don't like it. Perhaps you have some tea instead as that gentleman there suggests." Pointing to Winter.

Seeing tempers flare, "Oh, did I step into the middle of a Consilium spat? Nasty things those can be."

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles and nods encouragingly at Phoenyx's summation of her perspective.

He looks at Kasterborous, obviously interested and concentrating on what he is saying. "So, spatially unique? But not...temporally? Because, one of the things the Consilium has been discussing is how to follow up on what might be a temporal attack."

Kaze looks to his seniors. "Is it too soon to show him The Clock?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blue eyes watch the exchange unfold while she drank her coffee.

"Friction is a nice way of putting how that meeting went down. And I'd rather not have a repeat of it." she said with a frown. "But I can't help but agree that the challenge could be a good way to show who is capable, strong and deserving of the position." a shrug then, "We need to see a leader who can hold their own should the need arise, and who won't back down out of fear. If a Duel is the best way, then it has my support." go for it.

"If I cared to have it myself, I'd take you up on it. But I'm not a leader."
    nope. Though she knew she could hold her own in a Duel, she was a Master after all.

"So I'll offer my services to heal someone if they need."

14. Likes Ruach, Xadun liked this post
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread