Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
Green at the Blue

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Sasha

It was beyond long overdue. The Fairest had wanted to meet with Rhodes after the first time she spoke to him briefly. She was drawn to him for some reason, although it could be that she enjoyed the company of most Autumns. Some recently, challenged what she knew of them.

The Dancer had prepared the Green Room of the Note. It was less open and more cozy, in her opinion. She had a carafe of dark roast coffee waiting with creamer, sugar and what most people enjoyed in coffee. Sasha debated making one of the coffees she had that was 'a hint of fall' but talked herself out of the nutty and fruity notes of coffee.

The Onyx wasn't wearing anything particularly out of the ordinary. Jeans with a flowing shirt with a little shrug of a sweater over the top. She didn’t seem chilled despite that the Note was typically chilly without customers within. Sasha had given Rhodes instructions to come through the back door and follow to the right and he’d the location.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord strode proudly through the fall weather. It had turned decidedly cold with a chill wind in the air... It was taking more effort to see when that was happening, he noticed, as his own Mantle whipped lazily around him making the ends of his thundercloud coat dance dramatically in the breeze, red ash leaves occassionally spinning into existance.

He followed the Winter Queen's instructions, arriving at the Side entrance of the Blue Note, and let himself into the building. He opened the door to the Green Room, rapping clearly on the door. An easy smile spread across the Flowering's face as he saw his fellow Fairest. Rhides was dressed in different tones of black, his Hedgespun coat offsetting the darkness only slightly.

"Lady Sasha," Rhodes greeted her. "I assumed you wouldn't mind me letting myself in." The smile that accompanies the introduction has just a hint of sinister hunger. He enters, the bite of the breeze of his mantle lost in the already in the Winter Queen's icy aura. Taking the time, his eyes scan the gentle waves of colour swirling around.

"I've never been in a Green Room before. They seem to be quuite poorly named." He gestures one arm around the walls.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

S
    Sasha

"Hello." She smiled sweetly. For the first time, the Onyx wasn't sure what to call the one who just entered the room. He called her Lady, and others the same, so his formality threw her off, yet, was pleasantly endearing. "Oh of course not." It was why she gave the instructions she did, but didn't want to mention it to sound rude.

The Fairest chuckled a little as she sat down on one end of a long plush blue sofa. It was long enough to sleep on it seemed. "I often wondered that myself through travelling. It seems almost every type of live performance place has something of a 'Green Room'. There are two thoughts on this. One, in Medieval theatre, off to the side of the stage was 'The Green' where actors mingled and waited until they were to have their time on stage. The one that most are more familiar with is that of a Blackfriars Theatre somewhere in the 1500's or 1600's, the time is unclear. The room was made for the actors to relax and have refreshment's and was the first of it's kind, I guess. All of the upholstery, curtains and carpeting where shades of green. That's just one of the many theories, but the official origins are very mixed."

The Dancer didn't often offer up history pieces, knowledge of things or any type of factoid. Yet, for some reason she wanted to do so for the other Fairest. She couldn't really put her finger as to why. While she spoke, there was no inkling of her use of knowledge making her feel better or superior. She just said it for small talk or perhaps to strike a conversation, but the Winter felt like she may have rambled. That sent a strange sensation through her. When she was done speaking, she looked to Rhodes to see his reaction, feeling her face flush and the glow around her soften and warm.

"Please, feel free to sit wherever you'd like." In addition to the long sofa where Sasha sat, there were high back chairs and other very comfortable and inviting seating. One of them even had a matching footstool. "If you'd like a beverage, I have some hot coffee in the carafe, and there's a pitcher of water as well." Sasha assumed if someone really wanted alcohol, they would ask. Yet, that was a telling trait if that were to happen.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes moves slowly around and pours a cup off coffee, gesturing down in askance. "Would you care for a cup as well?"

He waits for Sasha to sit, before removing his coat and taking one of the high-backed chairs, looking remarkably at ease as if such furniture were familiar to him. "Fascinating. Do you have an interest in history? I suppose a lot of that knowledge - the English histories, at least - were lost during Cromwell's time as the Lord Protector. His Puritan beliefs quashed much of the artistic creativity in the 1600s," he replies thoughtfully. "Still, strange as it sounds, I'm glad it isn't green. I find too much.... uncomfortable. I suppose I must have had my fill of greenery." There is a small shrug, and he sips his coffee. "Ah... an interesting blend. One of Seraphina's, I hazard a guess?" He smiles, as if recalling a pleasant memory.

"Lady Sasha, I suppose I should explain why I was so keen to meet," Rhodes says calmly. "Aside from our introduction in the summer, I have had many callings on my time, ensuring the Leaden Mirror is as... stable as it can be, given it's tempestous members." He chuckles. "Now that I have achieved that goal, it is important that we work with the other Courts, something most of my courtiers share. And as one of the more long-standing members of the Freehold - the Notary, no less - I thought we should get to know one another a little better. I am sorry it has take so long for me to make the time - you are the last Queen I seem to have chance to talk to - but I do hope you will not hold it against me." The Fairest offers a asmall smile.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

S
    Sasha

Many times the Dancer offered coffee, sometimes her guests took some, but as far as she could recall, it was the first time someone asked if she too would like some. "Yes, coffee please. I would appreciate that." A grateful smile accompanied her request. He would catch the request before the Autumn took his seat.

Sasha turned her head slightly and her brows gently knitted in thought. "I suppose I do, at least in artistic history. I am more familiar with dance histories and what surrounds it like theatres, green rooms, and whatnot. I do remember hearing a bit about how Cromwell seemed to wipe away creativity in the 1600's. I am sure he had his reasons. I watched a movie called Equilibrium a while ago. They wanted to remove 'feeling' so they got rid of anything artistic and whatnot. I wonder if they took a piece of what Cromwell did and made it into a movie." She was entirely unsure the reason behind the movie, but it struck a chord with the Fairest.

Shaking her head. "No, the coffee is not from Sera's. However, I am on my last bag of it here. I will have to buy some from her and get a little sign to advertise for her here too. That is, of course, she would sell it without the fanciness added to it." Chuckling softly. The sparkly goodness wasn't something she would have time to do in the Note.

Her violet eyes now focused on Rhodes. There were key things he said that she could partially read through. Clever words usually had meanings within. "I am glad it is stabilized more than it was. I am also thankful you were chosen as Sovereign." Despite the IceLaw, she didn't need to mention her distaste for a couple of the Autumn members.

Waving her hand away, she shook her head. "There is no need to apologize. I had almost sought you out before the Autumn months came upon us. However, due to some events, I had a feeling you were quite busy with many matters and working with your Court intensely."

The Fairest had no hesitation on her next question, it was direct as it could be. These were things that were necessary to be informed upon. "When you say most of them share your working with other Courts, is there a reason they do not agree on that?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Flowering pours the Winter Queen her coffee and hands it to her before sitting back.

Rhodes nods, musing equally thoughtfully. "If I recall correctly, the Puritan movement believed in the strictest temperences and acts of endurance in this life so as to better the soul for the next. Art, music, literature.... all were sins in their eyes, wasteful past times distracting from a religious life. It was not a good time for the arts. Fortunately such a time was short-lived." He raises his cup. "Can't say I've seen it, but you've piqued my curiousity."

Rhodes chuckles. "Yes, I can't quite see the point of the glitter myself, but Sera can be very persuasive as to it's presence on her menu."

The Fairest blinks, then sips his coffee. "That is... most kind of you to say. I too am obviously pleased with the outcome. We - that is, the Autumn Courtiers, pledges to close ranks until our seasonal monarch was established. It meant focusing on constructing a more stable group. But it also meant I had little time to meet and discuss with those outside of Autumn."

Rhodes cocks his head slightly. "I think you misunderstand me, Lady Sasha. Some of my court - Nana, for one, who I understand you have already met with - are interested in what we can learn of the other Courts. Magically, and philosophically. But a direct question deserves a direct answer. Lucifer has little interest in that kind of cooperation, but is focused on subjects within our Court's domain - magics and Fear." He sips his coffee. "She wields Fear like a club - and I spar her with the knife. I am keeping a close eye on her, I assure you, but as long as we have each other to verbally spar with, I think things will settle for everyone else." He smiles, a little sinister. "Frankly, I rather enjoy it, having my mettle tested regularly. A little Fear is good for the soul. Of course, that is only one point of view."

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    S
    Sasha

The Dancer never understood religion. Particularly after being taken. To think that someone who worshiped a god who didn't think art was good for the soul really was unnerving. Something struck her as he chose some select phrasing. "You know, while I was travelling with the Cirque, I met someone whose Keeper seemed to want to destroy what he was. The man was mentally broken by this. He could no longer dance when he returned. He was a wonderful stagehand, no less. His timing was impeccable. Yet, there was a distance sadness and longing in his eyes all the time. So now that you said these facts, it makes me wonder if his Keeper could have been one of these Puritans or a decedent of such from long ago." Sasha was not necessarily looking at Rhodes while thinking back to the stagehand. She realized it when she finished the last sentence. Her violet eyes blinked rapidly and she waved her hand. "My apologies. But yes, you should watch the movie. In fact, I own if if you'd ever want to watch it."

Quickly, she slipped into the next point about the coffee. The Fairest wondered if the Leaden would piece what she said together, or just avoid it. "The thing is, she has her own business to run. I wouldn't want to take away her business, even if I was just to serve the basic coffee. Additionally, a full on coffee station would need a barista, and I don't think that is needed here. I will talk to her about it and see if she's okay with me just serving the basic coffee here. She may want to keep it exclusive to the Garden Grounds."

The explanation of the near seclusion of the Autumns wasn't necessary, but she smiled thankfully for it. "Again, I completely understand. I would probably have done the same thing if the circumstances were similar." They were at one time, yet, they did it by a vote. It was something very simple, which was much of the Onyx way.

A look of enlightenment came upon the Fairest. "Oh, yes, that makes more sense." Nodding to Rhodes. "I did very much enjoy Nan's company. I did not have a chance to meet Penance, or at least speak with her as of yet."

Lucifer's name sent a prickly chill through her body. It was not fear, it was definitely frustration. "Regarding Lucifer, I did wonder whether I would have to question the safety of the Freehold, particularly at the end of Summer's celebration."

VERY sorry for the delay, I didn't get an update that you posted. I will be better at checking

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The Dread Lord rubs his chin thougtfully. "Now that would be a curiousity. An adamant believer in God, already certain of fthe pain of the flesh for the strength of the spirit, fallen so far into Arcadia as to be like one of Gentry themselves..." He shakes his head. "There would be no coming back for such a soul, no shred of humanity left. We need to hold onto that which keeps us human." Nomatter how tempting that power might be.

Rhodes smiles. "Forgive me Lady Sasha, but I was merely suggesting to use Seraphina's business as a supplier, or contact her own. A full station, as you say, would probably be more than you require, and competing would nelp neither of you."

A small nod is made to her understanding. "I thought you might. The Winter Court does tend towards the insular in my experience, and I have very rarely met someone that is such an embodiment of it as yourself. Turning inward to resolve one's issues must seem very sensible to you - and it worked for us as well." He inclines his head slightly. "It made sense. Pledges are direct and magically binding - Autumn favour them for resolving our disputes for just this reason. However, in this case the words that bound us were... strict. It meant we had to take care discussing our politics around others. It was easier just to avoid the topic." He smiles to himself. "Look at me, telling a Notary the subtleties of pledges. I'm sure your experience with them is similar to my own." His eyes twinkle.

Rhodes takes a deep breath and sips his coffee, noticably relaxing. "Penance is learning our ways well. I inducted her myself. She is a natural to the Court of Fear, but I could have seen her in Summer, or even Winter. Her reasons for finally choosing with the Leaden Mirror are her own, for now. Personnally, I think she seeks to master her Fears within," he says with a thoughtful tone. I should guide her a little in that regard, perhaps. "Nana, of course, is a wonderfully direct. If she sees problems, she will tell me, even if it is myself. I value that. I have enjoyed talking with John, too, as it happens. I notice you two are quite close."

Rhodes smile vanishes, his expression turning cold and hard, one hand gripping the chair arm tightly. His Mantle sends breeze through the icy air surrounding the Winter Queen, golden ash leaves twirling into existance. "Ye-es." He draws out the word in a low voice. "Such concerns were also my own, and it shocks me how flippant some people can be over such a serious issue." He pauses, reigning in the strained anger in his voice. "Fortunately, it was dealt with. There are no Loyalists in the Autumn Court. And were I to find one, that wretch would know the true meaning of Fear." Rhodes closes his eyes and takes a slow breath, releasing his grip, though his jaw remains set and the winds continue to whip bitingly around the Dread Lord.

No worries! I had plenty of scenes to carry on with

S
    Sasha

It wasn't often that the subject of God was brought up among Changelings. In fact, some typically frowned upon it. Yet, in certain company it felt okay. Today, it was Rhodes. "Holding on to our humanity can be difficult for some. Especially those that are hyper-focused on things that pull us away from the mundanes. Perhaps that is why I still teach." The Dancer shrugged slightly.

Regarding Sera's coffee. "Oh right, forgive me. I just didn't want to do her coffee an injustice. Thank you for making that more clear, I will definitely speak with her." With that the Onyx took a sip and listened to the Leaden's voice.

The Fairest nodded as she agreed with turning inward. It was a practiced routine for all that was Winter to do so. Although, there were some that didn't, they were typically newer to the Court. "I was very good friends with some past Leaden and Summer Courtiers. My best friend was the Leaden Sovereign for many years until she decided to leave Sacramento. I think the memories from the an incident a few years ago took more of a toll on her than she imagined." Her graceful hand flipped a little to the side to change the topic.

The Fairest nodded. "Yes, I know what can happen when a Pledge is broken. I have seen some severe ones broken in my time." Yet the Dancer had been on edge for a long time without the Freehold Pledge they had a few years ago. Everyone was a lose cannon, per say. Her trust in all those who were new was difficult without it. It may seem like it was nothing to some, but to her, it meant more than just being bound to the Freehold.

"Yes, I would say John and I are close. Although, he had to attend to business somewhere else for hopefully not too long." She sighed a little, but quickly got back to the subject. "Yes, I suspect that even though I am Onyx, Nana would also do the same for me." Sasha chuckled softly.

Her violet eyes had a relief within them. The Onyx felt Rhodes' mantle flare up, and she could empathize with his unsettling irritation. She didn't feel alone in thinking Lucifer may have been a Loyalist or a Privateer. "I am glad I am not the only one who was highly concerned about that. It was perhaps the first time I'd encountered such a Changeling in Sacramento in years. So brazen to come in and stir the pot and act the way she did. I've been through many Freeholds and those that seem to be brash in the beginning tend to not last long within the Freehold for one reason or another." The Fairest took a long drink of her coffee. It had become nearly ice as they spoke of Lucifer; her mantel had chilled the room and her cup more than she even realized.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes nods slowly, and the winds die down. "Yes.... There are several cautionary tale for Autumns. Looking into Faerie Magic we have to be ever vigilant that we do not lose ourselves in it's potency. Our power over many things is affected by how much we give over to our Faerie natures. But once it's given, it is not easily claimed back."

"She has a great deal of respect for you. I know she is interested in singing again, if you have a space for her - but I had better let her talk to you about it herself," Rhodes says, smiling blissfully to himself. She really is quite enchanting...

The Fairest nods. "Queen Mhari. I've heard many interesting things - from Lady Ingrid, Sera and now you - it seems she was held in high esteem. I have large shoes to fill." He smiles. "I will walk my own path, and it will not be hers, but I hope I can help hold things together in my own distinguishable way. My Court means an awful lot to me."

He nods. "I hope you don't mind, but I took the liberty of enacting a Pledge with some Winter Courtiers that are new to the city. Detective Franco and Lydia Gehring. Bumped into them completely by accident, and found they didn't realise there was a Freehold here at all. Simple line of defense, my own twist on the Dignitary's vow, protecting from potential Loyalists. Just as a matter of Course. Franco said he'd already arranged to meet with you." He sips his coffee and then flexes his wrists, before undoing his cuff buttons and letting fronds of greenery spread forth from beneath the sleeve.

The Dread Lord grins. "Yes, marvelous isn't she? We had planned to visit here for some Jazz later on, she seemed very happy to have discussed several things with you."

He nods. "She was no Loyalist but she personified some of the most aggravating traits of the Fairest - our Temper, our Pride, our Vanity... I cannot deny she had a fine command of Fear, just... not the kind I prefer. Sadly, she seems to have disappeared since the Coronation. I actually enjoyed our verbal sparring. It kept my mind sharp, my wits about me. One can never rest if a rival is waiting in the wings, and I do so revel in challenges." He sighs, lightly, and drains his cup. "Oh well. I can always find contest elsewhere."

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.