(Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 

+1
    SL
    PRE

The tattooed Italian smiles and nods to the captivating Daeva.

There was a chuckle at the mention of the Domain being hers. “That may be the case, but I wouldn’t dream of taking up someones time.” She knew she could, but it never sat right with her.

An eyebrow raises, “Annoyances? If you cared to share them, I’m willing to hear about them. Perhaps help alleviate them if I can. But I can understand and respect if you wish to keep them private.” For all she knew, it was her that annoyed the woman. And not much she could do about that.

“So where do you come from? I'd like to know more about you.”
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Public Identity: Lisbeth "Beth" Graham
    Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Daeva Curse - Glutton for Praise:
    Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The neonate's smile fades slightly as she regards the sultry Prince with a genuine expression of shock.

"I'm... flattered you would deem my troubles worthy of your potential intervention, Your Grace. Truly." she offers, letting her smile warmly return. Well. As warm as one might expect from the pallid form of the Daeva. "Simply put, I had made inroads with a group of Kindred. I'd even be bold enough to say I was nearing the creation of alliances or, perhaps, even a coterie. Unfortunately, they have since left Sacramento and so, once again, I'm left alone. I have to begin anew. Again. Being Unaligned doesn't make the matter easier either, as you may know, but I think the time is nearing to change that."

Then the little bird made note that she was now nearly rambling. Closing her eyes she paused, breathed deep, and re-centered herself. Opening them again to regard the Prince once more, Blackbird listened to her question, giving a small nod to show the Prince had her attention.

"I'm originally from San Jose," she offers, "I was born in the city and spent the early - and latter - years of my... time among the Kine there. In the years between, I traveled often due to the nature of my father's work."

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The expression of shock was amusing to her. Everyone found it odd when she truly cared about those around her. If the Kindred around her were unhappy, she needed to know why, and if she could fix it.

“I simply like to make sure those around me are comfortable and happy, to some degree. If I have the ability to help, I want to.” Just cause she was Prince did not mean she didn’t care. To some level.

A small nod. “Ah. Well that’s too bad, but perhaps some other alliances will present themselves. The population of the Domain is always fluctuating, you never know who is going to walk in.” she’d seen many Kindred come and go herself. “No, I suppose it doesn’t, but there’s nothing wrong with being Unaligned. I spent most of my Danse Unaligned, only recently finding my place. But I understand what you’re saying, there comes a time when it just feels right. And if the rumors I hear are true, you’ll have many seeking you.” A nod and smile.

If Ale thought Blackbird was rambling, she didn’t show it.

“What brought you to Sacramento?” she liked knowing what brought people to the Domain. Well, at least what they would share, and that was if they were honest. “What did your father do, if you don’t mind me asking? My own fathers job didn’t have us traveling, much to my disappointment.” A smirk.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

Blackbird's ego often gets her into trouble. If someone offers Blackbird praise or compliments regarding her abilities when attempting to recruit her for a task, she finds the request quite difficult to refuse, even if such an action might be particularly dangerous to her well being.

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird offers the Prince a smile, some had already sought her, but she was unsure whether they were looking for pawns or partners. The Prince's encouragement seemed to encourage the latter, but Blackbird saw no reason to be hasty despite her troubles. Still, it couldn't hurt to let Alessandra know where she was looking.

"I'm glad my reputation is a positive one then," she offers, "I've already been hinted at for recruitment from the Crone and the Ordo Dracul, but I am not of a religious bent and, as an outsider looking in, the Dragons seem a bit... stifling. However, I believe it is Priscus Moretti's intention to discuss the order with me more in the near future. In honesty, I quite approve of the First Estate of Sacramento's focus on merit. That approach to government is certainly appealing."

There was a long pause as Alessandra asked what prompted Blackbird's move and a glint of sadness danced around her features.

"As I'm certain you know, Your Grace," she began, "Clan Daeva is known for its... intensity regarding emotion. I was Embraced while I lay dying, but my sire sought more than to save a valuable informant. He sought a partner. It was good for a long time, but feelings fade. He Embraced another. I couldn't let myself stay and told myself it was time to leave."

It still hurts.

That's what the neonate wanted to say, but she knew it would look weak. She was still raw. It was part of the reason she had pushed so hard to try and be recognized. It was why she had been accepting nearly every opportunity that came her way. They were as much a means to distance her status from her sire as they were a distraction from the pain over love lost. Despite her best efforts, some semblance of the pain lay bare on Blackbird's face. After some time, she cleared her throat, willfully forcing a facade of calm back to her face.

"Sacramento offers me a new Domain to serve and grow within, but it was still close enough to San Jose to allow me to continue using certain contacts as a means of establishing new connections here," she said, "The choice seemed obvious at the time and I still feel it was the best one to make despite my recent setbacks."

Then came the question regarding her father. It seemed the Prince had yet to be informed. She knew she had to choose her words carefully.

"He was a Hunter, Your Majesty," she said, keeping her tone even, "He may even still be alive, but I doubt he's still in the field. He's nearing 70 at this point. Specifically he hunted Kindred, though he assisted others in Hunting other beings. I was with him from the age of six until I turned 16. Then my mother regained custody and brought me back to San Jose to live in my late step-father's home. Two years thereafter, I met Michel, my sire. Shortly after that I became an informant regarding Hunter movements, as I mentioned before, under the pseudonym Blackbird."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

“That’s impressive. I must confess, I don’t know a whole lot about either personally.” Neither had approached her. A nod as the First Estate was mentioned, “Should you have questions, I’d be more than happy to discuss them with you. And if you weren’t comfortable with that,” cause Prince, “Her Grace Twist is quite pleasant to talk with.” Not many dared approach Twist for normal conversation, and they were sorely missing out.

Why was that a theme with Kindred? They move on when their Sire moves on or meets Final Death. What struck her as interesting, was that Blackbird was Embraced similarly to herself.

“It’s funny how feelings fade. Rather it be from time or events, it always happens. But the memories never seem to fade.” What else could she say. And seeing the pain on the Daeva’s face, it was best not to say anything else.

Some wounds never healed.

“Sacramento is rich with connections for those seeking them. It took me a while to find my footing and get myself established, but it’s certainly paid off over time.” And now? Well, she was top of her game.

Wait? A Hunter? Blackbirds father was a Hunter? That was not what she was expecting to hear. While it was unsettling, she kept a neutral face.

Inaspettato.” Says the Savage with a thoughtful look on her face. “Sounds like your background could prove invaluable to Sheriff Moretti and our current Hunter situation.” But would she share? “Informants are important, I use them often in my various business dealings. Are you comfortable with the more, unlawful, aspects of life?”

10. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

"I'll bear that in mind, thank you," she said, thanking the Prince for her offer to discuss the choices before the neonate in greater depth. Her encouragement to speak with the Duchess was particularly noticed, earning Alessandra a smile and a nod.

The neonate was thankful the Prince allowed the conversation regarding her sire to die. His poor decisions would cost him soon enough. Soon he would see how incredibly stupid very wrong he had been to sacrifice Blackbird's affections in order to Embrace a younger, more impressionable childe. There was no chance in Hell that Chelsie would be a better lover ally than Blackbird had been. And she relished the day in which that admission would come.

Finally the moment came when the Savage Prince reacted to her former life as a scholar of the occult for the Hunters. "I've provided what I can, Your Grace. I don't have any connections with the Tribulation Militia or the Bushwhackers from my time among the Kine. As I said, my father traveled often. His network was sparse, but spread throughout the States. I suspect these Hunter groups are more organized, certainly their groups are larger than most I've seen, but... that in and of itself belies weakness. In time, the large ones always falter. Already Tribulation is in conflict with the Bushwhackers... I feel it can only get worse, given the progress of efforts of those of us in the field. I think if we play it right, we will be able to avoid a large scale conflict. Despite this handicap, however, I feel I've proven capable enough. I do, after all, retain informants of my own who have proven invaluable when I've been tapped to find information."

Then came the question of Blackbird's interests. And at the Prince's indication of involvement with criminals, the neonate's smile tugged a little wider. "Certainly. During my decades in San Jose, I worked as a fence. Typically, that meant I moved stolen goods, but I moonlighted in operations related to narcotics and hallucinogens. And largely my work was done for Michel's benefit," she says, a light tone of bitterness coming at the end of her statement, "Now that I'm free from my sire, however, I'm likewise free to build a new line here. Of course, I've already made some headway since my arrival. It was these new allies that were able to uncover intelligence regarding one of the Bushwhackers Priscus Moretti is hoping to... remove from the board."

She paused.

"Given their willingness to aid me, I think it's clear I've built enough relationships of trust," she says, "I doubt it will be much longer before I am able to establish myself more prominently... You do have me curious, Your Grace. I assume from your question you've run in similar circles. Therefore, I'm left to ponder why you would ask. Certainly, I have no intention to intrude on your industry, if you share them with me. I have no want to become a rival in that arena, but... if your asking to explore the potential of a partnership... I'd be humbled to explore the consideration."

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her not having connections to problems wasn’t a bad thing.

“Sheriff Moretti has brought me up to speed on various aspects of the two, and I’ve offered my own advice for dealing with them. But if we can find a weakness and exploit it, or hell, even them tearing each other apart, I’m all for it.” Pit one against the other and stroke the flames. “Personally, I’d rather deal with the Brood again.” A light chuckle.

A nod, “I don’t have much dealings with the drug trade, I’ve always found it messy. Personally, I prefer real estate and guns.” She moved drugs before, but the buyers were flakey and sketchy to her.

Smirking, “You could say that, I’ve carried my family’s business over from Italy.” Not as successful as it had been over there, but all good things in time. “I ask because I like to know who has their hands in what. Who I can call if I need advice on certain things. A partnership?” could hat prove profitable to her? “Well, that would depend on many factors. How good you are at what you do and what you could bring to the table. I don’t typically enter into partnerships, at least, not traditionally. But times have changed, and a well-placed joint venture can prove quite profitable for all involved."

14. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

For a moment, Blackbird's eyes flitted over to the new arrival in the court, dressed like a scrawny cowboy. As with all Kindred, her Beast responded to the new presence, but... this time it responded with Anger. For the first time since her arrival to Sacramento, Blackbird's Beast was Unafraid. It growled, rattling its cage with a want to maim and dominate. And, despite the primal hatred, it felt good.

The neonate savored for the moment for a short while, her face painted with pleasant surprise as she returned her gaze to the Prince and her questions.

"From what I understand, I believe the goal remains infighting. I think the eventual goal is for the GTF to consider both groups a gang threat, thereby creating a three-way conflict," Blackbird offered. Certainly she was unsure if Lina had shared this, but it seemed unfair to keep Alessandra in the dark. She was the Prince, after all. "If that's successful, their decimation is guaranteed and the Domain will scarcely need to lift a finger... I do agree about the Brood though. They're depravity and actions are rather blunt and easy to understand, these Hunters are more like... scalpels. Precise. Controlled. That will change though, with the fighting between both I think the degradation is already in motion."

Blackbird would give the thoughtful nod regarding the Savage Prince's words on the drug trade. "It's a risk," she offered, "but it can be profitable if you follow a few cardinal rules. I personally would never sell to the consumer base. Instead, I'd act as a supplier for the dealers. Then its just a matter of ensuring they understand what you will do if they cross you. Typically one example will do, I find, if it's abrupt enough."

Of course, Blackbird was discussing the maiming and potential killing of traitors. However, her voice remained friendly, without a hint of remorse. Remorse was something the Kindred could rarely afford and, for those who cooperated with some of the darker aspects of humanity, even less so.

"My step-father worked in real estate," Blackbird said, "His business was more mundane and legitimate, however. Naturally, I'll bear in mind your sphere with gunrunning. As I said, I have no intention to intrude on your business."

"It was merely a curiosity more than anything, Your Majesty, but my ventures of course remain an open book to you and the other Elders. Recently, I've mostly been involved in gathering information and, of course, fencing. I've yet to enter the drug trade, as I'd need a local producer I know I can trust. Once I've found that, I might dip my hands in that arena as well," Blackbird said, her voice treading closer to business-like formality, "As for what I could bring to the table, I boast a well-rounded and practiced knowledge in the workings of the Black Market, possess allies who can assist me with information, and two decades of experience in moving stolen contraband. Certainly less than some among the Kindred, but their are few among the kine that can effectively compete with my knowledge. If that fails to impress you, I implore you to consider my skills as an intermediary. I am a daughter of Clan Daeva, after all. Michel did not select me based on my looks alone..."

Certainly, the hint to her social capabilities was prominent enough. If what Alessandra said was true, she had likely heard of Blackbird's endeavors in information gathering and social prowess. Therefore, there was no need to expand on it too heavily.

"For the moment, I'm not actively seeking partnerships either," she offered in conclusion, "However, just know that if you do require my services, I'm only a call away. We'd have to discuss compensation, of course. In regards to my skill, let's just say I've built myself a nice little nest since leaving San Jose. And those resources will continue to grow in short order."

16. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Her dark eyes find the new guy as well and take in his attire and mannerisms. While her Beast raged and snapped at its cage, wanting to put its fist through the weakling’s chest, she wouldn’t. Unless she had to. And seeing Lina approach the gathering, she felt it in good hands.

Focusing her attention back on the captivating Daeva, she nods, “That had been discussed. Along with the idea of leaving the gangs calling card at various crime scenes, stir the pot.” A wink. “And I’m more than happy with us not having to get too involved. Three enemies is hard to properly manage without resources and a larger force.” Not that she was opposed to fighting if she had to.

“The Brood tend to be driven too much by their emotions and not their head, which only works against them. The ones we encountered here were just simple blunt objects, fueled by misplaced anger.” A shrug. "But they put up one hell of a fight."

A chuckle, a bit dark, “Oh, I understand that all too well. It’s hard to find good reliable help these days and I’ve gone through quite a few myself. And even though they’re made an example of, someone else still thinks they can outsmart me or make a fool of me. Quite entertaining really, gives me a chance to get creative.” Killing a Kine that had crossed her was one of the easiest things to do. “Though I’ve also learned that taking what they love the most, letting them watch it suffer and die, can be a good motivator as well.” Kine got too attached which provided such easy weapons.

“I wasn’t too concerned with it. I have quite a bit of pull and have made quite a name for myself. Not many of those I do business with would go elsewhere.” Not bragging but a simple truth.

Drugs still seemed messy to her, it was harder to move.

“Knowledge is always valuable and in demand. I’ll keep you in mind should I find myself in need of some.” it would also be a good test of the abilities she boasted of.

“Of course, it’s always wise to know the price before agreeing to anything. It’s bad business not to read the fine print.” She always preferred to know what something would cost her before agreeing. “I think we could work well together at some point.” Once she heard more of Blackbirds efforts with the Domain, and maybe seen her in action.

18. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Captivating)
    Allies
    (Criminals)
    Contacts
    (Criminals, Academia)
    Barfly
    New Identity
    (Lisbeth Graham)
    Blackbird

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Blackbird simply sat and listened to the Savage Prince as she responded to her own dialogue, nodding to indicate she was listening as Alessandra spoke and no longer averting her eyes elsewhere.

On Alessandra's point of taking away what her enemies loved the most, Blackbird gave her own sinister giggle in turn."You certainly know how to keep a girl's attention, Your Majesty," she offers, her tone complimenting, "In time, I hope to seize the opportunity to see your methods in action." Her tone was friendly, but serious. Watching Alessandra dispense her dominance on lesser fools would afford Blackbird valuable lessons. She was capable, but the Prince was seasoned. It would be foolish to assume they were equals in that arena.

When the Prince indicates her willingness to bear Blackbird's expertise in mind, the neonate visibly perks up. "That's all I can ask," she says.

There was wisdom in the Savage and Blackbird's expression easily relayed her respect. "I look forward to building our relationship then."

It was clear Blackbird was a figure of at least some vague interest in the eyes of the Prince, if the conversation was any indication. Further, it seemed her reputation prior to the meeting was overall positive. That was good. Tonight had been a success then, for the most part, and the neonate was content.

"Do you have any further questions, Your Grace?" she asked, "I realize our conversation veered to our mutual interests, but I'd be a poor guest to leave my host's curiosity unsated."

20. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread