Ended
Watch

Down on the Farm

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

A wry smile crossed the Sheriff's face. It didn't surprise her that a Nosferatu knew a thing or two about cuddling - and the legendary whispers of his Blood's mastery of terror was something she could believe. Joints locking up?

"I have never heard of such an ability. Your Goddess grants this power to her followers? How does this work?"

She certainly sounded thoroughly interested, the occult oddities of his description catching her interest. She leaned forward in her chair, and her oh-so-human body language was turned in toward him. He certainly had her attention.

K
    Krieg

Try as he might to avoid it, the Hierophant's eyes unintentionally wandered across Lina's body. Everything she displayed was uncharacteristic for a Kindred. The lack of momentary awkward pausing being chief among them.

Krieg smiled to Lina, "It is a manifestation of Her power, made available to Her faithful." A beat passed between them. "Crúac is, in layman's terms, blood magic. It bears a price, naturally, yet, I can rest easy knowing I have that as an option."

The curiosity that was the Grand Wyrm nagged at him. "If I am prying, please tell me. It's going to sound creepy regardless." He searched for words, "How is it that...your face...is so....alive? You don't exhibit any of the signatures of what happens among Kindred."

L
    Lina Moretti

She leaned in, as though to whisper.

"Because I have overcome that frailty of our condition. I have unwrapped the clutch of the snake from the soul of the woman I once was, and in that, I have found this freedom from one of the Beast's tendrils. Permanently. And I owe it to no deity or fealty chain. It is mine."

A wink flashed, then it was gone. He'd made his choice, one she'd seen before. Hell, her Sire was among the most powerful of the Circle of the Crone, and her horrific sorceries gave her power, but she was still just the same old monster she always had been. There would be no transcendence for her.

"That's what we Dragons really are. We are those who overcome the Curse. I just wear mine on my sleeve."

K
    Krieg

Krieg's eyes narrowed with intense interest. "I understand the motive behind it. However, I don't understand how your Covenant's...science...works. I am always intrigued by such stories." The Hierophant rubbed his chin in thought. "I met a Most Sublime...Architect of Shadows...I think..." His voice ticked up as if he was asking a question. Then, his gaze flicked to the sky trying to remember. "It was something like that. I swear he was pulling my leg with his title. If you would indulge this scholar of the Old Ways, would you be able to share some inkling in how these feats are accomplished."

L
    Lina Moretti

"How we do it is a closely guarded secret," she replied frankly, settling back into her chair. "But it involves the application of the scientific method to the banes of our condition. Experimentation combined with Covenant doctrine to observe and understand our condition - and then using that deeper understanding to come up with ways to shake loose the chains just enough to change ourselves."

It was very generic, to be sure. But then, she wasn't exactly asking him how to Cruac, either.

"And the titles really are that badass." Wink.

She shifted the subject back to why she was actually here, glancing about for a quiet space.

"I want you to show me what you can do, Krieg. It's easy to say one can fight. Think you can show me what the snuggle of Clan Nosferatu really means?"

K
    Krieg

"I appreciate your candor," he replied with a smile.

A brow rose slowly as he considered her proposal. It's a job interview. Then it settled back down. "I can, yes." He looked out to the farm, "There's plenty of space to spar, and the neighbors are miles away. When did you want to have this practice?"

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti gave her signature shrug and rose to her feet smoothly.

"No time like the present, Krieg. I assume you'd rather not do this on your front porch, so... lead on."

Grin. A little fisticuffs, to see if he was full of shit or if he actually had it. That was where it started. Bird served one role. She needed
    another filled.

K
    Krieg

Krieg nodded, "Alright then," he arose from his seat. The giant shrugged off his coat, hanging it on the back of the chair. Then he removed his gloves, setting them on the seat.

He stepped off from the porch; he lead Lina out into a patch of land that had yet to be developed. Clean of tools and the only flora was the grass beneath their feet. The man nodded once more, "First to tap out?" he asked.

Date Action Roll Result
    2018-11-12 21:11:26 Krieg rolls 1 die for initiative 10

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti nods, following him to the patch. "Take a sec if you want to put your Disciplines up. I don't mind."

init 10
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-11-12 21:37:24 Lina Moretti rolls 1 die for initiative 3

K
    Krieg

Activating Vigor. Effective Strength is 5. -1 Vitae. Activating Fighting Style: Grappling.

Using his size for the offense, long arms reached out to grab a hold of her, the Nosferatu barreled forward to the Daeva.

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-11-13 17:46:52 Krieg rolls 9 to Grapple [Str+Brawl] (10 Again) 5, 9, 3, 6, 1, 6, 3, 3, 3 1 success

Page 2 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 11

You do not have permission to view the list of names.