Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1810) Dragons on the Couch

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina, human as ever, shot a wink at her coteriemate.

"It has been a very good night already. Let's just say that."

Grin.

"I wouldn't want to spoil the announcement, though. You'll have to be patient and enjoy the anticipation. How are things? Ready to put together a beast of a new Chapterhouse?"

With their newfound numbers, they could really put some solid effort into it.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron checks his watch, with his eyebrows arched.

'Already? I'm hardly past breakfast and you've already made something of the night. Good.'

There must be good news then, if it is to be announced. What could it be?

'I'm not known for my patience, but I guess there is no other option here.' Usually he just claims whatever he wants. 'I've been making plans already. It should become something nice. An investment in the future that we are building here for ourselves.'

He chooses to sit next to Lina, allowing him to speak somewhat softer.

'I've been thinking we may want to increase our security in Florin. So keep an eye out for anyone new that seems capable of patrolling the streets. Doesn't have to be Dragon.'
    He looks at all the Kindred gathered before them. Aaron has no one in mind yet. But who knew what new flesh would walk in?

Speaking of... where's that handsome fellow?

'What do you think?'

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"It's more fun if you wait a little," Moretti quipped, a playful half-smile crossing her face. Plainly, she was in a fine mood. "I'm dead excited to hear what you've got in mind. Probably something exciting involving geomantic lines and energies of the city and a lot of bookshelves, am I right?" She chuckled softly, glancing over at him as he settled in next to her. His Beast was familiar, now, but all of these Licks in one spot was a lot...

Distraction, in the form of a good point.

One came to mind. One she wasn't prepared to make a Deputy Sheriff, but one who needed purpose deeply and desperately. She gave a light chinjut, over at Davis.

"One wonders if a downtrodden soldier wants a chance to elevate and prove himself. One wonders if he'd do well..."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Oh yes, bookshelves.' He sticks his hands out in front of him, as if imagining rows and rows of books. 'I'll put down a serious plan as soon as we have a clear overview of our resources.'

One doesn't just magically grow a Chapter House out of nowhere.

'Though I have ways of obtaining... ground.' The Lord has no problem with moving into places already inhabited by people. That makes house hunting infinitely more affordable. It would only cost him time.

Which is why he wants to "outsource" securing their Domain. When Lina immediately comes with a suggestion - Aaron is first glad she agrees with his idea - he nods to indicate that he had thought of that option too.

'I have considered it. Though I feel no rush to ask someone now. We've seen a surge of recent arrivals even after us. You see, it wouldn't harm to have someone who can be subtle and somewhat discrete. I guess.' He talks slowly, clearly sharing his thoughts as they come. 'The soldier is a good option, but he always wears his uniform so proudly.'

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"I'm sure you do. Couple of words and they're moving out..." She snapped her fingers, just like that. "I'm not in a rush to select, either. But to hear from people? Maybe. Like an interview. There's a part of me that's inclined to give a chance nobody else has. And there's a part of me that can wait for a sure thing. But there's no doubt he can fight, by all accounts."

Her eyes had settled on Davis as she thoughtfully tapped her chin.

"Were there any others that had piqued your curiosity?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Exactly, so we can look for something nice.' If a lot of people were involved, it would only mean a lot of work...

He nods then. 'Yes, we need to find a proper way to do this. I thought about just putting the word out there, but that might be too much. Then people can draw too many different conclusions.'

Who else?

'I know of a little bird that might be more subtle, and she seems to possess enough common sense. Though, I think she told us not being too much of a fighter?' He studies those present at Court. 'Though there don't seem to be too many of those. Or at least, not fellow Kindred that present themselves as such.'

9. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

"I'd say we can just talk to people we're thinking on. And test them." A grin crossed her face. "If a Hound can't give me a run for my money in a tussle, then I'm not sure what good they are."

She laughed softly at the idea of Blackbird as a shitkicking pursuit machine. "You don't know her if you think she's the right fit for that job. Don't worry. I have a plan for her to be very useful shortly... but it doesn't involve making her pretend she's a soldier. That's the thing. There aren't many people who have put themselves out there as combatants." She glanced back at Davis, then over at Aaron as she gently folded her hands on her lap.

"If I want subtle, it'll be us or another Dragon we use. I think our Hound should be our stick."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'I agree, combat capabilities should be paramount.' It just so happens that with vampires, these are hardest to recognize. An undead body can gain incredible strength without a single bit of actual muscle.

Aaron laughs then at the Blackbird remark. 'Indeed I don't, which is why I'm running this by you.' Priscus of Daeva should know her Succubi.

'Fair enough. We also have a haunt and a shadow in that regard.' They could cover the subtle department. And he knows that Lina herself can be quite the stealthy investigator. So just a stick. 'Though I wouldn't put "stick" in the job description.'

​Not the most honorable thing.

There is one more unknown player though. Ashley Cohen.

'I could ask the latest addition to my family. She might surprise us. I don't know her too well yet.'

12. Likes Ruach liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina chuckled quietly, curious to know if Cohen had that kind of skill set. "You could certainly see if she has the capabilities." A look of amusement flashed across her youthful features. "We could hold tryouts. Ten paces and turn, out in the bush, you know?"

She held up her hand gently.

"For the record, if you don't like who I'm thinking for it, you can just say so. We should be in agreement on this."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

'Well, if we do this Western duel style, I'd surely bet on the cowboy.' Aaron smiles but then shakes his head, 'Though that doesn't seem right for this occasion.'

It's a bit too personal for that. Or too specific for Florin. Tryouts are better imaginable when choosing a new Deputy, or Prince's Hound.

'But perhaps we should ask him then, right?'
    Like he said earlier, he had thought of the Alder Daeva as well. Right now it seemed to be the most fitting vampire for the job.

'There's no sense in getting ahead of ourselves.'

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 13

You do not have permission to view the list of names.