Ended
Watch

A Soldier's Proposal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    A
    Alastor

With a glance to Weavebreaker, Alastor nodded to the point made by Phoenyx. It didn't surprise him that she was interested in grouping up with her Ordermates - like begot like and she could count on the regularity of the routines that it would establish. Kaze, on the other hand, looking to make bridges...

He supposed he shouldn't have been surprised by that, either.

"I'm in one, but I have not seen Knot or Langdon in some time - and frankly, my duty to my Order is such that if I made a chiefly Arrow-based cabal with a specific focus, nobody would blame me. So, should this come to fruition, I will let them know what and where and why I have gone. Cabals shift as needed. I think this one should shift, for they do not require a bodyguard."

He considered the athletic soldier before him.

"You are free to do what you wish with respect to cabal, Kaze. This is not me delivering orders. I simply think it a practical and pragmatic arrangement - and I do not think that the 'non-traditionalists' want to be part of our structure. They have their own, their Assembly. It is my hope that through this Cabal we can protect them, as well. These sorts of political blocs and fights come and go. They change. Ours is to remain steady. So, what would you prefer?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"Bodyguards. That's... kind of what we would be," Phoenyx says with a wry smile. "But for everyone - the whole consillium. They reach one of us, they can get all of us."

She looks at the male Obrimos. "Kaze, you talked before about showing people what benefit an order could be. Leading by example. This could be a similar way. People could see both the Arrow and mages working together, and we could talk to them about which is which. Help them get ideas to form their own cabals. Or maybe join the Order." The stoic fighter gives him a small smile, looking a little shy. "I think it's a good idea."

Phoenyx turns to Alastor and nods, looking more assured. "I'm in." She grins.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

"Yes, Sir." Kaze says, respectfully responding to Alastor. "Thank you for explaining." he nods to Phoenyx. "That makes sense." he says.

Kaze grins, "My preference is definitely to be in a Cabal of Arrows, focused on the same goals." he says. "I accept, one hundred percent."

Kaze looks serious, "I am going to make it a priority to pursue developing some common ground and trust relationships, friendship if I can manage it, with the mages who seem to be on the fringes, or outside the formal structure, like people that no one would notice if they just weren't around anymore." he says earnestly.

"Honestly, it's not just trying to be nice; I think it's our community's biggest security gap, not that people come and go so much, but that the more established community takes it for granted. I mean, if someone just disappears, everyone seems to be okay with assuming they just moved on without telling anyone. But, if I were a hunter, that's exactly what I would be doing, picking off the loners one at a time and interrogating them."

He says to Phoenyx, "You and I met Banshee not too long ago. I don't see her around anymore. I don't know who knows her either. Maybe she just left town, that seems to happen a lot. But maybe she got ambushed and captured or worse. Maybe the outfit that ambushed the others, set the trap with the burning building, not the ones who died, but the ones who coordinated, maybe they grabbed her, and now they know about you and me? Probably not, but would we even know?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

5. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx stares at him. "That's.... crazy..." She started confident, but lost it mid-sentence. "Okay, I mean, it's possible... but we can't start jumping at shadows." She frowns. "I guess you have a point though. We should try and find her."

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods to Phoenyx, "Thank you, Phoenyx. I appreciate it." he pauses, and says, "I really don't mean to suggest some huge manhunt any time someone just leaves town or doesn't show up at the Circle for a while, but I am thinking it would be a good idea to build some relationships, have some idea who is friends with who. Like, maybe we could at least ask around who knows Banshee and did she say anything about being out of communication or is that just something she does?"
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

A
    Alastor

"I've worked with Banshee. Which means we have sympathy. I'll Scry on her. See what I can find."

Alastor's huge arms crossed, and he leaned against a wall. Noting the young Arrow's acceptance and Weavebreaker's contemplative silence, the First Talon said, "Any particular sites of interest for a Sanctum? I personally don't feel compelled to stay at the Circle, myself. I like staying out in town, somewhere big enough to train, with a Hallow."

We can probably wrap here. I'll get a Social Group up to discuss the particulars of Sanctum, but we should probably have Size 1/Hallow 1 each at least to contribute. Sound cool? We can move into a Sanctums scene about the particulars of our Cabal.

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods in relief at Alastor's reassurance of connection with the missing or at least unseen mage, and in agreement with Alastor's plan to set up outside the Circle and the surrounding perimeter. He says nothing, having nothing to contribute about possible sites for a Sanctum.

Good to close!

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"If we're going to secure anywhere... why not here? If others were to gain access to the Clock, they could do untold damage even if they had no clue what they were doing," Phoenyx offers. "We have everything you just suggested right here and it is the place that has the most risk, rather than running back and forth here." She shrugs.

"I guess we can figure that part out later. Although I don't really know where we would find in town that fits that description. I'm sure we'll come up with something." The Obrimos offers a smile.

I'm good to close too.

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.