Ended
Watch

A Soldier's Proposal

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    A
    Alastor

At the appointed hour, Alastor found his way to the barracks of the Adamantine Arrow at the Circle of Creation. He wore a plain black t-shirt and blue jeans, and his ever-present weapon was coiled on his belt, ready for action - but tonight was not a night where he expected that to be needed.

No, tonight was a night for a proposal to the Adamantine Arrow of this city for a way they could further their objectives.
    Whisper Ruach Xadun

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze shows up for the meeting with magical protection and perception in place. He is wearing a brown leather jacket over a solid gray tee shirt and black trousers and black shoes. "Hello, Sir." he says by way of greeting and just stating his presence to Alastor. He has a single, legal sized knife in a sheath openly at his hip which happens to be balanced for throwing. He appears to be otherwise unarmed.
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-21 21:51:38 Kaze rolls 3 to casts improvised Mage Shield Force 3 (ruling arcana so no manna cost) (Gnosis 1 +Force 3) (10 Again) 9, 2, 4 1 success
      1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-21 21:52:54 Kaze rolls 4 to casts improvised Supernal Vision (Prime 3+ Gnosis 1) Ruling Arcana no Manna Cost (10 Again) 2, 6, 7, 9 1 success

Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

It was hard to tell what this gathering was for - training, educational, social... so Phoenyx decided to prepare for all. She strolls confidently into the room, moving quick enough to make her long leather coat trail a little behind her. The Obrimos has her knives and pistol all in ther usual places.

"Alastor." She gives the First Talon a respectful nod. Kaze she gives a small smile. Both living in the Barracks, it was pointless to greet someone you were talking with only a half-hour ago. "Will Weavebreaker be joining us?"
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

"Should be," the Arrow sergeant replied, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. "How y'all doing tonight? Finding your way okay?" He glanced over his shoulder, listening for a moment. Nothing in the background, but that didn't mean Weavebreaker wouldn't show.

Still, it didn't hurt to get started. He knew the Prime master wasn't exactly paired up yet.

"I wonder. What do you two look for in a Cabal? Because I have an idea, and I am curious to know what you think."

Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles. "That has been coming up a lot lately." he says. "I honestly never thought about it until coming here, and then only because it seemed to be important to every senior person I talked to...I had thought I should just, well, do my job and let people get to know me, and then if there seemed to be a compatibility of goals and means, talk about forming a Cabal. Playing the long game, I guess. But lately, I've been seeing it as more of a priority, and trying to get to know people...sooner rather than later. Same strategy, I guess, but bumping it up to the top of the list."

Kaze sighs, "Sorry, specifically, I look for people who have similar goals and are comfortable with similar means to them." he says. "My goals are to protect the Will Workers of Sacramento and my means are to do it without antagonizing them or seeming like I want to lord it over them or control them. Basically gain their trust and be seen as helping, not overreaching for power and control."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

"I am finding my way around. I actually quit elike it here in the Circle," Phoenyx replies.

"What? Nothing. That is, I haven't been in a Cabal before."
    Her tone is confused. "Even Consillia are still kinda new to me." She thinks for a momnet. "Diversity, possibly? Cover spheres I am not aware of? I can't say I've ever given it much thought."

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

Weavebreaker headed into the gathering. She gave a wave to each. "Hey."

"How is everyone?"

Still in the process of moving. Joined due to the nature of the thread, but please skip me.
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

"Good, Weave. I'm glad you could make it. I want to make a proposal."

A sigh.

"Changing times. Changing situations. With an Assembly on the side and a Consilium that is still struggling to find its feet, I want to see the Adamantine Arrow working together like god-damn clockwork. I think we need to do more together, really find our center as a unit." He looked from each to each.

"I think we should form a Cabal, with the stated goal of providing practical and active defense to the Pentacle of Sacramento, regardless of political affiliation. We need to fight this war and protect these people, and I think our best bet for doing so is to grip up, pool resources and focus ourselves chiefly on that task."

Hands spread out wide.

"Thoughts?"

Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Phoenyx

Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Willpower 3/3
    Personal Spells 2/3

Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx cocks her head, and looks from Alastor to Kaze and finally Weavebreaker.

"It sounds like formally putting a name to something we were doing already," she offers slowly. "We had already agreed to protect the others in line with our Order's duties.... With numbers so small it is like we are acting as a Cabal anyway. Pooling resources, as well as ourselves, makes sense."

She pauses, hesitating. "And... I feel more comfortable around you all anyway." The last part might be surprising, as Phoenyx rarely seems comfortable with anyone, but she does seem more talkative with the Arrows now she mentions it. The statement does come with a guarded, wary expression, as if she isn't sure how the other Arrows will react to her revelation.

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    Presence
    Toxin Resistance
    Kaze

Monthly Rits

Scene Specific

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, thoughtfully, "That is...I am honored, at your proposal, Sir. Certainly, that fits what I said about 'common goals'!" he muses. "Honestly, whenever anyone asked me if I was thinking of joining or starting a Cabal, I...my first thought was that being in The Order was already like being in a Cabal." Kaze pauses. "I was starting to think though, that since we are already committed to each other, and already have structure and a chain of comman..well, I was thinking I might try to form a Cabal as a bridge, maybe ask some of the 'non-traditionalists' who might not see themselves as being part of a structure otherwise. Like, Bacchus and Cricket. Honestly, though, I don't even know who is already in a Cabal, except for the Councilors, or course." he pauses, "Aren't you and Weavebreaker already in a Cabal?" Kaze asks respectively.

15. Likes Xadun liked this post
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 10

You do not have permission to view the list of names.