171 - 180
DISPLAYED
THREADID

Hunting the Broken (NW corner)

Page 18 of 19 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 Last

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

<<Unhand me you brutish woman>> The spirit complains.

Bull Rush looks at the horror he has committed.
    Shit. He spits out the blood, and closes Seth's eyes, before walking back slowly.

new round

<<I said let go!>> He struggles madly, before your claws slide accross his armor, releasing him.
    free

L

No sooner had Chantay hit the ground than she sprang up again, but this time her claws scrabbled uselessly across the armor instead of securing their hold. Shit...

I'm going to kill the dice roller...

Current Combat Stuff

Werewolf Lawyer
    Tiny

PRE

<<What a foul case of bad luck you've had.>>

1L

a small cut appears on chantay's hand
    The Dog Draped in Resplendent Finery of Shrieking Spirits.

L

The wound closed as soon as it opened, and Chantay sprang forward again. Her teeth finally rip through the protective plates, scoring deep into spirit flesh. <<Perhaps it is changing.>>

3L...finally

Current Combat Stuff

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

The wounded spirit stumbles. He assess himself, before sheathing his sword. <<as per the terms of our agreement, I yield. You have shown yourself to be honorable. I will depart now, and reveal to you the way out.>>
    He presses a few stones in the wall, and two pathways open up. <<Take the smaller one when you leave.>> It then walks and ephemeralizes, going into the larger new pathway.

Bull Rush comes back alone, blood around his mouth. He looks bad, worse than chantay feels.
    "Seth's dead." He says.

L

It changed indeed. Chantay offered a few parting words to the spirit as it departed. <<Your conduct has been commendable, if we meet again I hope it is under more agreeable circumstances.>> And then she reverted to Hishu form, the sting of her wounds almost forgotten in the rush that came with victory. Now she just had to get the shard down.

Then Bull Rush's news rocked her back on her heels. "Oh..." Her eyes took in Seth's body, the blood around Bull Rush's mouth, and the haunted expression on his face. And for perhaps the first time she could remember Chantay's words failed her. She simply did not know what words could touch upon what Bull Rush must be feeling right now. So she simply wrapped her arms around him; a wordless gesture of comfort, support, and grief.

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

Bull Rush sighs, "Thanks." Only a few seconds later though, its back to business. "Alright. I think we should leave him down here; putting him on the funeral altar." he points to the altar in the room. "Its strange, the top altar was a sacrificial altar, but this lower one was a funeral altar. Not sure what the original designers intended, but we can at least make use of it." As he says this he grabs the leg and pulls, yanking the leg down from its position above the altar. "Part one, complete." He says with a smile. Bull Rush always did like to accomplish his goals.

L

Chantay's own smile was a bit weaker. "Yeah...hopefully everyone else can get their shards fairly soon." She motioned towards the new entryways in the wall. "The Spirit said the smaller one will get us out of here." But her gaze drifted, there was other business to attend to first. And her tone became a bit more subdued again. "Do you want me to put his body on the Altar?"

Bull Rush
    Bull Rush

PRE

"No. I should do that." He hands over the leg, which has stopped bleeding, and lifts Seth's body, shifting to Dalu to more easily carry him, before placing his body on the altar.

"Rest easy. We will be back soon to set you on your way."

"Lets go." And he makes his way up the small tunnel.

The ACB travel in mostly silence. Eventually they come to a door, which bull Rush, with some effort, pushes open, placing them back in the first room with the altar. The door is a part of the wall, and is hinged to shut unless something blocks it.

L

Chantay bows her head slightly in respect as Seth is placed atop the altar, then follows Bull Rush through the passage. Her thoughts are troubled. She'd known, on an intellectual level, that she'd see a werewolf die. It was an inevitability of their lifestyle, to fall in combat. But to know that, and see it, were different things entirely. And they reached the end of the passage in, what seemed to her at least, to be no time at all; jarring her from her thoughts. "Should we leave the door propped open, so we can get back in more easily?"

Page 18 of 19 First ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 Last