Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1810) Sanctuary 20

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods acknowledging Campanella's words, both about a lack of knowledge about "the clock" and about any other points to discuss. For his part, Kaze looks content to listen to what others have to share.

At Eurydice's greeting and introduction, Kaze smiles, nods, and then his eyes widen slightly at her revelation of her Order. "Thank you for your service, Eurydice." he says quietly and respectfully to someone willing to do what needs to be done so that others do not have to.

At Alastor's words, Kaze becomes serious and then nods in agreement at Alastor's closing declaration, murmuring softly,"Absolutely."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

2. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods to the greetings, watching intently, filing away names and faces for later.

Kaze's suprise and bustle brings a touch of a smile to her serious expression. He's so formal. Not every occassion is an inspection. Let our actions speak for themselves. There's a tiny shake of her head.

She nods to Eurydice. "The Guardians fulfill a difficult role, but a necessary one. Phoenyx of the Arrow." Then she lapses back into silence.

Alastor's decree has the Obrimos filling with pride. She smiles and nods in agreement to both the Mastigos' sentiment and Kaze's affirmation, moving slightly to be closer to both of them.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Statements answered and generated questions. W/ Winter ... always generating.

”Breaking in what way Winter? It has been possibly broken for many months. Or anyone else who has additional information on this.” A glance around.

”Lured there by what do you know? Seers?” A pause, head shake. Alastor’s tone -> tendency 4/ data.

”I’m glad everyone is ok. Who all was involved?”

6. Likes Vincent, Ruach liked this post
    C
    Cricket

He returned the nod to Kaze. “Hey man, cool tunes.” Eurydice’s apt observation does inch his smile towards the genuine. “It gets weirder, promise.” He winked her way before Alastor set some of the record straight. Cricket was still nursing the wound in his back, as much as a point of pride as a reminder of where that had gotten him last time. He spoke up with Sand’s questions, but wasn’t jumping at the chance to elaborate from his adventures in face planting. “Right, yea’ – ‘bout that. Those Sleeper psychopaths knew about this place too.” He twirled a finger around at the rafters of the faux church. “Or figured out we were coming and going from it anyway. Other than a boner for murdering us, I didn’t catch a why. So, I’m not saying we clear out, but with that and the clock clacking away right here, I’m in the market for a plan B.” Winter’s advice of depending on someone with Time knowledge made sense, but Cricket didn’t like waiting around.

“A separate Assembly Hall somewhere.” He glanced to Bacchus as he spoke. “There was interest, but what if we double book the space here? A nightmare.” He deadpanned as he looked back to the very Diamond crowd. “What it’ll all look like?” He shrugged with exaggeration, wincing faintly as it strained his back. “Meh. I’m just looking to make a space. Politics of it in the freezer for a sec – a safehouse for when this only kinda hidden cathedral that regularly brings all of our most important peeps into one room sitch maybe gets tense doesn’t have to be about party lines. Ya know, if anyone wanted to pitch in.” He wasn’t a security expert, but having options never seemed bad. “Checking off two boxes at once is all. Councilor Sand knows what any Assembly is prolly gunna look like if there are concerns though.” He flashed a smile over her way, still jazzed that she had attended the proto-meeting.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She caught the question, and simply nodded. Unless Bacchus wanted to make a thing out of that again. Though she did need to reach out to him at some point and attempt to mend any hurt feelings. They needed to work together after all.

Smiling to Kaze, “I like to think it’s a great community.” A lot coming and going, but a good solid base.

A hand was raised, “Hey Cricket.” Speaking of getting to know people better, she needed to talk with her Path. Get to know them, let them get to know her.

Then attention shifts with a few words.

Frowning, “Well, this was unexpected.” When the fuck did that happen?

Alastor then spoke, blue eyes widen, “I’d like in on that investigation if you don’t mind. Any attack is an attack on us all. Anyone still injured? What happened?” her tone turning concerned.

Building on what Sand says, “Do we think this is tied to the Seer’s and the Clock? They’ve been trying to fuck with is for quite a while now. It would be a more direct attack, but I don’t think it would be impossible.”

A
    Alastor

"These weren't the Seers, unless they are being puppeted hard by a Seer. There was an FBI agent gone rogue, some sort of machine monster, someone who could light fires, a badass bomber in a nerd van, all kinds of weird shit, but not really stuff you'd expect to see from Seers. These weren't Awakened folks. They were just... I think they were just Hunters. Really, really capable and connected Hunters," Alastor summarized. "Participants were Banshee, Knot, myself, Weavebreaker, Cricket, Langdon and Winter." He glanced to the others involved. "Did I miss anyone?"

Alastor's attention turned to Cricket.

"An Assembly, you say?"

An eyebrow raised. His tone was neutral, not hostile, but certainly curious. When last he had been here, the vote was in favor of a Consilium by way of Path Council - though the fact that there had been voting at all was a victory in itself for the Libertines.

"Who has declared an Assembly? And who speaks for it?"

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Nods respectfully at Aurora's positive...assessment aspiration.

At Criket's words he first smiles then looks mildly confused, then concerned.

"Um. Excuse me. The timeline doesn't seem to make sense to me there." he says, "I mean, if they set a trap, set a building on fire, rigged it with explosives to lure us in to rescue people...and attacked at the site, but they also knew we were to be found coming and going from the Circle here...where was the ambush? At the burning building, or right outside here at the Circle?" he asks, confused.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Presence
    (Genial)
    Striking Looks
    (Scruffy)
    Bacchus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Cricket was greeted with a nod and offered a cup, but no other sign of welcome or resentment was offered. Cryptic Buddy was cryptic, Bacchus's cup was raised with Alastor's, and Aurora's not-a-denial was duel-ly noted.

"Where even is our Acanthus?"
    Bacchus looked around the room for the path of one that had unfortunately turned to a path of none. Rather then say more, he simply started drinking.

The talk of bombings, clocks, and ambushes earned silence from the Shaman. He didn't want to avoid the topic, and it would probably distract from the political nonsense that would arise eventually. The problem was he had no knowledge or skills to add to the conversation beyond what was already said. He was an animal trainer not a detective.

"I have a rote to heal peeps with." He shrugged, not sure what else he could contribute beyond what Aurora had said already. "Good for bites, stabs, burns, and not getting doxxed in the middle of a fight."

To Alastor's questions the Apostate's lip twitched as he took ever longer gulps of what was left of his drink.

"Assembly of two currently." His index finger bounced back and forth between him and Cricket."And I'm pretty sure the point of an assembly is that no one speaks for everyone."

The coke and vodka were reclaimed and poured into his cup to refresh it's contents.

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

The smile from Eurydice's face faded as the conversation turned to issues of security, replaced by an expression of stoicism.

"I see," she says in response to Winter's statement, "I must say I am of a mind with Aurora. The issue is unexpected certainly, but, though I know little of Time, I am willing to assist in your investigation, Mr. Winter."

Alastor's statement of further troubles prompts the Cleaner to press her lips together momentarily, almost as if wincing.

That is a more... direct matter.

Then a flurry of questions and information, with greater detail lent to the recent attack being granted over the concern of the clock. Thus, Eurydice granted the matter greater focus, listening intently as the others talk while she formulated her own response. Sands concerns were noted. Most of Cricket's words were ignored as he spoke of Assembly, that was a matter of politics, and politics was something she cared about very little when the security of the Consilium was in jeopardy. Further it seemed an unorthodox request to make, why would they need a separate assembly hall? His mention of the witchhunter's knowledge of the Circle, however, was highly noted.

"I wouldn't concern yourself overly with a motive," she offered to the heavily tattooed man, "Witch-hunters rarely hunt with rationality. They hunt because they are afraid. Or crazy. Or both. However, if Councilor Sand's concerns are realized and these witch-hunters are somehow associated with the Seers that would prove interesting indeed..."

Then she turned to Alastor.

"With that in mind, I am no Arrow," she began, "but I too would like to offer my service in your investigation. I cannot heal others as Bacchus can, but I can heal myself if necessary. Further, I possess knowledge of rotes that can assist in the identification of Death and altering its presence to the eyes of Sleepers. If what you say is true, it could be the beginning of a war. And I will gladly assist in cleanup where necessary."

Then to Kaze.

"Considering Alastor's statement, I would assume the ambush occurred at the site of the fire," she mused, "If you had the capabilities to help Sleepers in such dire need would you leave them to die? Many of us would not. They'll use that compassion against you. As for the explosives, I believe it would be sensible for the Hunters to afford themselves an assurance of our demise... and to clean-up evidence of their identities."

Finally, her face landed on Bacchus.

"And with that in mind, if your offer for a drink is still on the table, Mr. Bacchus, I would gladly take one," she said. This was going to be a long night and already there was a lot to take in. "If you please."

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"They knew? About here? That isn't good."

Understatement? Yes.

Another Consillium location?

Good idea
    Investment heavy

Alternative: Cabal Sanctuaries

Requirement downside: Cabal

Focus on Alastor. On the information given. Conclusion in line w/ his.

Cricket's smile returned w/ a small nod. Not fully confident in that conclusion.
    Status @ that meeting = observer.
    Status 4/ Cricket & Bachus = participants.
    Thus Cricket & Bachus -> better informants.

"It sounds like we have two issues our doorstep. The Hunters and the Clock matter," which still hadn't been explained. Missed meeting notice maybe? "Winter, Alastor - are you two taking point on the two matters? Or is there someone who is better suited? I imagine these aren't things that we just want to sit on talking about."

Page 4 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread