Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1810) Sanctuary 20

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last

Presence
    (Genial)
    Striking Looks
    (Scruffy)
    Bacchus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Like a moth to flame, the newly minted Assemblite returned to Concilium. Or more precisely, the shared space it was held in. Either way there was a tall scruffy man entering the Circle. A plastic bag with crackling plastic cups and frosted bottles of coke and cherry vodka were carried at his side. Even though the others didn't always approve of Bacchus's drinking the personalized bell of alcoholic accessories he carried to herald his presence was undoubtedly a welcome switch from the arsenal the arrows had chosen to carry.

He checked his bag one last time before making his way over to the group. A half smile cracked up to the side of his face.

"Hey folks." His greeting was simple, and his gifts were placed on a pew. He took a cup for himself, pouring coke and a generous amount of vodka into one cup before swirling it and taking a sip. "Anybody else?"

He held out the bottle of vodka, offering it to anyone who wanted it.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

The steady swirl of noise, slowly growing in strength as one voice gently laid upon another, finally drew the Mystagogue from his meditations.

Campanella appeared from the cloister, dressed in his ceremonial robes that left him looking like an old style professor, minus the mortar board. His robes billowed about him as he walked swiftly to join the group.

If anyone cared to check, they would find no Sight or Shield chiming in his aura. As always, the Moros refused to stain the sanctuary with such things, believing them disrespectful of the building and what it represented.

"I heard voices. I was not expecting company," Campanella spoke a little loudly so his voice could carry. His formal nod took in the group entire but lingered mostly on Kaze who he had not seen before.

"I thank you for the offer, but no." The Moros smiled gently to the Apostate Bacchus .

"This looks to be it. Is there anything to discuss?"

They seemed down on numbers from the teeming maelstrom of the previous month.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

W/ removal of earbuds comes the murmur of voices. Campanella's = strong/clear.

No yelling. That was +

Carefully winding cords, phone = tucked into pocket on backpack.

Stepping in, a glance around. Small gathering so far.

"Seems like I haven't missed anything." nodded toward Campanella's statement. A nod for cabal-mates.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze smiles at the tall, scruffy man who thoughtfully brought enough to share. He nods at Bacchus, "That's thoughtful." he says. "If you don't mind, I would like some soda." he says with a subtle California accent, smoothly pouring just some cherry coke into a cup and sipping. "I'm Kaze, with the Arrows, staying here in the barracks for now." he explains.
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

8. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

She takes a sip of water and nods, “Ah, well, welcome then! You’re in good hands with them.” She liked both Alastor and Weavebreaker. Though she hadn’t worked with them, seeing them in meetings and stand up for what was right worked for her.

The unease was seen, just what had she heard? “Oh, yes, that’s me!” she says in a chipper tone, “And I hope it’s all been good. If not, I hope I get a chance to defend myself.” She adds with a smile, her tone a joking one. She wasn’t concerned with what others said about her, her reputation spoke for itself.

Turning to look, she nods. Kaze. Noted.

The smile was turned to him as he approached, “Hi Kaze, I’m Aurora, with the Mysterium. Welcome to Sacramento.” He had a nice athletic build to him.

Did he ever go anywhere without that thing? She thinks, watching Alastor take his weapon out. Though she was pretty sure that damn thing would hurt in a fight. A note to stay on his good side was made.

“Hi, how’ve you been?” asks the blonde.

Then trouble walks in. The Shaman who thought it was appropriate to throw Duels to the Death around. What would today hold? More of the same? Or had he learned he can’t push people around and would be sociable?

But she could be nice. Until she didn’t have to be.

“Hi.” There was a single nod of her head in greeting. “No, I’m good, but thanks.” See, being nice. They needed to work together, and being nice was the first step. Least in her mind.

Then a face she knew was friendly, Campy.

A warm smile was offered, “Hi.” When did she get robes? A shrug, “Not sure.”

Her other Cabal member came in, she waved and smiled, “Hey Sand.” Then a shake of her head, “Nope, we’re all kinda just getting here.”

10. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phonyx nods respectfully to Alastor as he enters. She can't stop a smirk and her eyebrow arching as he pulls out his peculiar knife-chain. I hate that thing...I'll beat it, next time.

She shakes her head at the man that offers the vodka. "No, thank you." The Obrimos watchs as athe older man with the commanding voice enters, shortly followed by Sand. She turns back to Aurora. "Only names, really. I encountered another... Banshee, that outlined the Concillium as she saw it. I have not talked or seen enough to form opinions of the individuals here yet. I have only really me the other Arrows - I thought it important to be here..." She fades off, watching the others that have entered cautiously.
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

12. Likes Xander, Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

Comfortably and casually putting the coiled weapon on his belt as Aurora addressed him, Alastor replied, "Councilor." Question mark? Was she, currently? "I'm good. Got some new soldiers, as you can see, which means training time," he said with a glance to Phoenyx and Kaze. "How are things? Lex draft coming along and all that?"

Bacchus's offer actually sounded pretty good. "Yeah, I'll join you for a drink. I actually really like vodka and coke." It felt like young adulthood, before he could afford decent alcohol, but sometimes, that was what you needed in life. A little throwback, to remind you that you weren't old.

Sand. She was one he'd heard plenty about, but not actually spoken to.

"I don't think we've been formally introduced, though we certainly have run in this same circle for long enough to know who each other are," he said pleasantly, offering the Obrimos Councilor a hand for a shake. "It's good to finally get a chance to chat, Sand. What's happening?"

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

With a sigh, Eurydice had exited the Guardians wing with the aim to reflect. The Moros needed a moment to collect her thoughts. In particular she needed to distract herself, for a moment, from the vivid imagery the Susceptor had shared with her all those days ago. A breach and, potentially, a traitor. It was troubling. Then the Cleaner heard the sounds of voices. It appeared the Consilium had gathered and, much unlike the last gathering, the voices spoke softly and without conflict. For the moment.

Finally entering the scene, Eurydice noted the gathered figures, particularly Susceptor Winter, whom she greeted with a deep nod. She had not seen Nemo in some time. Which meant they were alone, if Eurydice recollected correctly. Then she noted Campanella, who had likely come from some deep reverie of the Mysteries if his attire was anything to judge. Eurydice herself was dressed rather simply, opting for a simple black dress that was befitting of her more formal fashion sense when within the Circle.

It then occurred she had not afforded her Councilor the congratulations he was due. It had been unanimous with Campanella and Langdon opting for the former while Banshee made an unsuccessful bid for the latter to take the helm. Eurydice had abstained, but happily assumed Langdon's faith in Campanella was not misplaced. Nonetheless, it occurred to her that she had not offered her congratulations in the tumult of the last Consilium. Thus, first and foremost, she needed to ensure this breach of formality was corrected. She needed to build a strong bridge with the other Moros if she was to prove effective.

Closing the distance between herself and her Mysterium path-mate, Eurydice looked to him and smiles, "Councilor Campanella," she offers, her voice soft and unintrusive, "It is good to see you're well. It has occurred to me that I had forgotten to commend you for retaining your position during the last... gathering. Therefore, congratulations and I hope you have not taken my recent silence as offense."

15. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze notices the soft spoken woman with the Eurasian look, and nods in acknowledgement.

When Aurora addresses him, he smiles and nods at her welcome, noticing her riveting good looks, and her confident demeanor and apparently trained, and melodic voice tones! "Thank you," he barely manages not to say, "Ma'am", instead saying, "Aurora." he adds, "I am really just getting to know people and the city. It seems like a great community."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

17. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

”Glad to hear it. said w/ smile at Aurora’s words.

Good b/c
    1. W/ recent meetings, being around 4/ everything = important
    2. Maybe today’s gathering would b/ a break in the chain

Reach out, accept the handshake, returned firmly.

”You’re probably right. Sand. Obrimos.” offered in standard greeting ritual. ”Not much on my end. Been tied up with some research. Was actually wondering if I’ve missed anything whilst lost in my books. Figured this would be the place to go to find out.

19. Likes Ruach liked this post
Page 2 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... Last
Closed Thread