Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch

(1810) Sanctuary 20

THREADID
DISPLAYED
This is for adding a Search Category to the thread.

Note:
This is NOT a Notification for another member.
Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"Indeed, that's a valid course of action", he replied to the woman before the newcomers effectively put an end to their conversation.
    He acknowledged the new Magi with a quiet nod, a bit more of effort was spent on greeting Campanella, Eurydice and Sand. Suprising, there was none of the known Libertines and one talkative Acanthus seemed to be missing. He would have inquired to Alastor about the missing people, chances were that he'd know, but he had been busy drinking with the new guy.
    The absence of the lone Ladder and of his other face-shifting order mate was noted too.

Other than that, he saw no need for empty platitudes and pleasantries of sort, he was rather content with just listening to the tide.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Campanella. Moros Councillor and member of the Mysterium. What you see before is diamond. Hardened by tribulation." The Mystagogue offered Kaze.

"None taken, Euridice."

The Councillor's eyes moved to Winter, sharing a private acknowledgement. The numbers were down again, this the Moros saw quite plainly.

"The last time we gathered there was much talk of airing out the Consilium. By and large, I believe we have done that. The Lex has been amended - and if any of you wish to view the few changes that have been made, a copy can be made available. Have any of you founded new Cabals at this stage?"

His countenance fell on Bacchus Fury curious if the Apostate had secured a place for himself in the city.
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    Presence (Focused)
    Trained Observer
    Dexterity (Lithe)
    Phoenyx
    Spells and Gear

Monthly rits (cloaked):
    Supernal Vision (Pot 6)
    2E Life Shield (Pot 5)

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), pair of daggers, tonfa, Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), motorcycle (street bike)
    Phoenyx

Nimbus: a pair of fiery scarlet wings unfurl her with an eagle's screech.
    Plot Stats

Def - 6 (4 Dex+Life/2)
    Armour - 3/2 (Life/2, Trenchcoat)
    Health: Matriarch - 1B/7
    Willpower 3/3
    Mana: 9/9
    Vulgars Cast: 0
    Personal Spells 2/3
    [6] Supernal Vision (Monthly Ritual)
    [5$] 2E Life Shield (Monthly Ritual)
    Active spells: 3/7
    [3$] Complex Transmission

Gear: Smartphone, Pistol (Beretta M92, +2 lethal), 2 spare clips, pair of daggers (one is magical focus), Reinforced Leather trenchcoat (1/0), Purse ($57, gun permit, driving license)
    Phoenyx Scenes

PRE

Phoenyx nods to the First Talon, and a genuine smile finally blossoms for a few moments. "Lots of practice. It is nice to encounter new ways of training."

She watches as another new mage wanders in and greets tha man n voluminous robes as the Moros Councillor, who seems very interested in Kaze. "I would like to see the Lex, if that is possible." She says to Campanella. "I do not want to make any false assumptions." There is an akward pause before Phoenyx adds. "I have not met either of you, I think," referring stiltedtly to Campanella and Eurydice. "I am Phoenyx, of the Path of the Mighty."
    Obrimos Adamantine Arrow, Cloaked Monthly Rits (in minisheet)

6. Likes Ruach liked this post

Presence
    (Genial)
    Striking Looks
    (Scruffy)
    Bacchus

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bacchus contented himself with pouring drinks of either variety and passing them to the Arrows who wanted them. No baleful glares or harsh words poured out from the Shaman, though the way Alastor greeted Aurora earned a quirked eyebrow. He watched his fellow Shaman, waiting for how she would answer. He didn't care as long as the Assembly held up, but if it didn't? That was a question for the Shamans, or the ones who still remained.

"I'm Bacchus." He said, looking mostly to Kaze and the new faces. "Nice to meet you folks."

As Campanella's attention fell to him with a question he was half tempted to ignore him. Not because he disliked the man, but because it was framed in talk of the concilium. Yay talking about that again.

"No cabal." Bacchus said as he finally decided to participate in the conversation. "Not really looking either."

There was the assembly to mention, but by the looks of it there weren't any other member still around. He was pretty sure an Assembly of one was still just called an Apostate.

8. Likes Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    C
    Cricket

Cricket arrived fully late and didn’t even make a show of hurrying as he entered. He was wearing just a plain white t-shirt and jeans, held up needlessly by suspenders, paired with some faded black Converse sneakers. This was a showing he felt compelled to make and he was still all smiles, but there was a tired hint to his eyes as he scanned the group. He held a hand up in greeting as he walked up. “Yo, hope I didn’t miss any votes.”

“Cricket, Libertine, Stone Book Club, likes long walks in the woods, will juggle for food.” He rattled off with increasing sarcasm as he saw some less familiar faces in walking up amid introductions. “I’m just trying to stay in the loop. So – uh, is the whole wonky time biz on the docket? ‘Cause color me curious.” He was really hoping that the politics train had lost some steam since last time.

Striking Looks
    (An Extremely Fit and Healthy Glow)
    Presence
    (Disconcertingly easy to talk to and open up)
    Toxin Resistance
    (+2 vs drugs, alcohol and toxins)
    New Identity(Steven Chojun Trueheart)
    Kaze

Nimbus. The sound of rushing wind and flashes of lightning surround Kaze, and his clothes and hair move as if he is in a windstorm.
    Monthly Rits

Monthly Rits Spell Cloaks Spells do not show unless scrutinized
    Transform Aura pot 1 (Aura is as a Sleeper)
    Organic Resilience (Life Mage Armor 2e) pot 3 ( Armor 2; Defense 2 + Higher of Dex or Wits)
    Body Mastery pot 1 (x2 rate healing Bash, Letha, Agravated; +1 success on all extended and instant rolls to resist diseases, poisons or drugs; +100 years lifespan)

Scene specific spells: in mini-sheet 4
    Scene Specific

(Portrait) Portrait of an Angel
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 5
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [1]Transform Aura[M]
    [2] Supernal Vision[D]
    [2] Organic Resilience[M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

(Bad House) The Return
    Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 3 ( +1 vs Bashing: Kung Fu 1)
    Defense 9 (Dex 6 from Honing the Form)
    Vulgar -1
    Personal Spells: 3
    Spell Tolerance: 3/3 Spell Rolls
    [4] Honing the Form
    [3] Organic Resilience Aurora's Life 5
    [2] Body Control [M]
    Key: Potency | Effect declaration if needed | Turns remaining ("M" = Monthly Ritual)

+2
    SL
    PRE

Kaze nods, looking serious at Campanella's introduction and sober words. At his question, Kaze pauses and looks surprised for a moment, but says, "Oh, um, no sir. I...have had it suggested to me though, a couple times now. I guess I...don't really know how to go about it. I haven't been in a Cabal before, and I guess I thought it best to let people get to know me, and just...let things develop naturally. I didn't really think of it as a priority, but now three different, respected elders have brought it up in my first meeting with them. I guess I should make it more of a priority." he says thoughtfully.

"Nice to meet you too, Bacchus." Kaze says, smiling.

Kaze chuckles at Cricket's humorous description of himself, possibly missing the sarcasm or just choosing to take it as self deprecating good humor. He nods and smiles at Cricket. "Kaze." he says by way of introduction. "Golden Key. Follower of the Adamant Way."
    Spells: Monthly Rits Transform Aura (aura appears to be a sleeper) Spell Cloaks (See mini-sheet)

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

"Of course," Campanella replied to the Apostate.

"You are welcome." He turned his attention to Kaze Cricket Phoenyx

"I have no idea about the Clock. I was not around when this event occurred. That said, are there any other concerns?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

12. Likes Ruach liked this post

Public Identity: Yuri Solberg
    Eurydice

Nimbus:

Wounds seem to appear on Eurydice's forearms. From these long cuts slowly seeps a black smoky vapor. Her eyes also become completely black. When using higher magic or vulgar applications, these cuts seep the vapor out in greater quantity and at a higher rate, dousing her arms in swirling shadow. Likewise, in these instants, mournful singing spawns around her, as if sung by some distant, ethereal choir

PRE

Eurydice's smile remained as Campanella assured her good standing, or as much standing a recent arrival such as herself could have anyway. To his question, the Cleaner simply shakes her head. "I'm afraid not, Councilor," she says, though her voice moving to an almost analytically neutral tone, "The issue of cabal is an intimate one and I do not intend to form or join one hastily. It is a union founded on trust as well as the goals of personal growth and support."

Simple and direct, her Councilor had asked a legitimate question, why would she beat around the bush? Campanella needed to know the status of his Path if he was to help them succeed - and effectively represent them.

With that, Eurydice would turn her attention to the myriad of newcomers and some faces who she had seen, but whose names were, until now, unknown to her.

"It is a please to make your acquaintance," she offers. shifting to a more cheerful tone, granting Pheonyx, Kaze, Cricket, and Bacchus a nod, "I am Eurydice of the Path of Doom..."

A pause. Eurydice's eyes betraying her internal calculations, weighing the risks of the information she aims to share. However, a glance to Winter strengthens her resolve. With numbers down, it's only a matter of time before they learn of her membership.

"And a fellow within the Guardians of the Veil," she concludes, returning her gaze to the greater Consilium.

Feeling out the room, the Moros' eyes eventually land on Cricket. Her smile fades, more due to perplexion than anything else, "You are a very peculiar man, Mr. Cricket," she offered. In truth, she was confused by his mannerisms and did not fully understand what he was asking. She would leave it someone more familiar with the man - and more qualified - to address his concerns.

14. Likes Xadun, Yumyumcrow, Ruach liked this post
    Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

"The cloak is breaking", he asserted out of the blue. His peers seemed to be involved in small talk, but again, he saw no point in being subtle and so he let the brick drop, voicing his concern openly. He sat idle, despite the severity of his statement. "It's still subtle, but I'm sure everyone with even an inkling of knowledge of the intricacies of Time can see it. Perhaps the Acanthus can tell us more"

16. Likes Stray, Xadun, Ruach liked this post
    A
    Alastor

"An attack by a bunch of fuckin' serial killers happened," Alastor replied directly to Sand's inquiry as he let his hand fall to his side. "A dangerous apartment fire designed to lure us out. Lot of injured on our end - hell, I got hit by a fuckin' bomb - but we got the best of them. The investigation continues into who is behind it, but... for now, we're doing okay."

He accepted the drink from Bacchus, lifting it with a 'cheers' to the apostate Thyrsus by way of thanks before taking a sip. Yep. Tasted like his twenties and burned all the way down. The Arrow suddenly felt old and young, all at once, as he felt it burn and he turned his attention to the group, all the newcomers present.

"Welcome to Sacramento, to the new folks. For those of you who don't know me yet, my name is Alastor. I lead the Adamantine Arrow in this city. If you need help, call. I do not give a shit which cabal you are in, what political bloc you might be involved in, or which Order in the Pentacle you call home - if you're a member in good standing here, you will be protected by us. It's that simple."

Page 3 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread