Ended
Watch

Apple for the Wyrm

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
    L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti let some of the earlier stuff go past with a smile here and a nod there, moving to the crux of the matter. If somebody wanted to fuck over another Dragon during the height of their Work... the notion infuriated the young Daeva. There were some things you just didn't interrupt, lest you undermine the whole point of the organization. That Ffion was returning to the fold was to be fostered. "Then let the change commence. Ride that excitement. Harness it and let it fuel you. Rising passion can become something lasting, if you have a good cause."

And wasn't theirs the finest of causes?

As for herself, Moretti smiled. "I listen a lot, so I don't mind. But, as for my studies, I am focused currently on overcoming the binding of the Beast to our souls, that very thing that chains our spirits toward dullness, insanity and loss. I also studied to learn the nature of the Beast itself, so that I could truly understand what I was dealing with." Her smile grew. "I feel the next shift coming. There are just a few more questions to be answered."

She leaned forward, taking in the older Nosferatu (all the while ignoring the scent).

"Where have you been in your Work in the past? And where will you go next?"

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Around Kine adopts the surname Leyna.

Enliven the Face: Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Having and responding to facial cues, and body language in a fashion that fully imitates life.

Curse:
    Cloying, wrong, the scent of rotten apples lingers and clings. Beyond her scent, if she’s ever caught gloveless, her fingers are slightly sticky to the touch, like she’s held that poisoned fruit, and it’s fetid juice was never wiped away.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

There is an athletic beauty to Moretti, and her natural aura belied certain hardships and struggled which she has left her bruised and bitter. Hearing the passionate way in which she speaks. Ffion smiles, believing that this lithe women is both Daeva, Priscus of the Succubi and is Grand Wyrm for a reason.

"I will hold it with mine two hands, and bare fang to any would seek to steal it from me again." this she swears with a grin.

"I am impressed, not that I held doubt over your areas of interest, or your skill and desire to pursue them."

"I was a nomad for a long time, and a Nosferatu besides. What would you assume to be my areas of study?" the question is asked, but is answered a moment later, "Blood. Each of us all, need it. Crave it. Desire it. For a nomad travelling from place to place, across miles and more of nothing between them? To ameliorate this, I learned to need it less. or I taught my body and mine fylgja-companion-beast, to require less. I have been running on fumes since coming to Sacramento. I have yet to feed. I wanted to make sure I was in the right, especially in light to mine introduction to Her Majesty's Court." the struggle the Asian women waking, stake pulled from her and the Noble Savage's claws, rending flesh and bone and leaving nought but ash...it was to be fresh within her mind for many, many nights to come. "Like you, however. I studied those bindings, between companion-beast and soul. I am old, I know this. To pry beast from soul....it helps. I am, not well. The years and longer have worn on me I, I ramble so. Forgive me."
    Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

3. Likes Riks liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti's hand extended forth, her fist clenched and held out for a legendary fistbump in response to her solemn vow of fang baring. "That's what I'm talking about. Good!" Get motivated. That was how one could Get Shit Done. She smiled in polite response to the old Nosferatu's compliment, and listened carefully as she explained. Blood and Soul. What an intriguing combination. It occurred to her; was this being simply losing herself? She did not appear so - but then, some ailments were not just from falling toward the Beast...

Musings, all that would be answered by getting to know her.

"Jesus, I hope you've been Acknowledged so you can get a bite...?" she replied, concerned. "Can't be having one of our own going hungry. The Coil of Blood is good for that. A huge development, especially if you're a wanderer. Where the soul is concerned... I wish more people cared. Not just for the Masquerade, but for the spiritual element of it all. The Curse takes, and it takes, and it leaves us in a stagnant place where sanity slips because everything is ever changing and most Kindred can't keep up. No wonder it leaves us husks of our former selves, where it can... we're lucky. You and me, chasing that, I think we've got it right."

Moretti leaned in a little, peering at the old northerner. Was she all right?

"When you say not well, what do you mean? Torpor fucking with you, or...?"

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Enliven the Face: Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Having and responding to facial cues, and body language in a fashion that fully imitates life.

Curse:
    Cloying, wrong, the scent of rotten apples lingers and clings. Beyond her scent, if she’s ever caught gloveless, her fingers are slightly sticky to the touch, like she’s held that poisoned fruit, and it’s fetid juice was never wiped away.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Ffion cannot help the laugh that escapes her then, hardy in the face of the succubi's passion. This felt nice, "This is nice. I had not thought that my newly renewed joy would cause others to feel the same. Or to shoot towards passions on my behalf."

"Cynthia Weiss saw to mine Acknowledgement, I have been...overly cautious. But I will see to a meal after we conclude. I fed before I entered Sacramento's boarders." she says in assurance.

"To many set their sights away from where each of use left behind, and I can understand that. It is painful at first, but to ignore all else and focus only on the dark...it is not good for one's soul. You need to care for it. We are more then just monsters, fang and dead flesh. I wish more understood..." she trails off, looking into the distance of memory.

"I. Yes. Torpor, has harmed me beyond what I was expecting. My blood has thinned, yes. I expected that. But....would it surprise you to know I once knew how to wrap myself in shadow? Hide behind Tranquillity? When I first woke, I remembered being the cause for serenity, and not hatred as I am now. Weak and squalling as my poor fylgja is. To convince myself to relearn these skills is also upon mine To Do List." she laughs "...everything is fractured, fractured. It is like...looking into a reflection, into a reflection. Everything revered, small. Distorted. I expected to wake years sooner then I did. Much is damaged, but. I have taken to watching people. Being themselves. Spying upon humanity and basking in the good and the bad. It...is helping."

L
    Lina Moretti

"Well, if you're going to be part of our Academy and advance the Work, then why wouldn't I be excited for you?" she said with a quiet chuckle. Every person advancing the work brought them one step closer to their goal....

...every person advancing the work is one more person helping you escape your fate --

Moretti blinked away the thought, focusing and listening as Ffion explained herself. The loss of her power. The loss of her security. It was like looking into a mirror of exactly what Lina feared most about the Blood that flowed from her Sire's veins into her. To have it all gone, to have it all be fractured into a thousand pieces that didn't quite glue back together just right. She felt for this Dragon. The look on her face showed her sympathy.

"There is great wisdom in your years. One step at a time, we can help you put it back together. Who you were, who you are, and who you will become is in your hands. You'll get it back... actually, there is someone you really should meet. Someone who might have some thoughts about how to help you get pieces of it back."

She blinked, a thought crossing her mind.

"When did you sleep? And when did you mean to wake up?"

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

There is a hum in her throat before she gives voice to words. "As I have said, I have known petty souls, some wearing two faces. Though. I will trust in your enthusiasm. Your passion." she says, a smile lightly twisting her lips. But there is still a reservation in her form. She is obviously afraid to be burned again.

"One can only walk upon the path, one step at a time. I have been doing this, but...it feels as if I was floating in water as I explored the new world I found myself in. I was aimless, without purpose....I would like to find one...and so I have come to mine Order, and have begun my steps leading me back towards the dichotomy of permanence and change....and I would like to know the name of whom you wish for me to meet. Lest this is a test and I need find this out for mine own self." there is her half smile upon her lips once more.

"I've only been awake for a handful of decades, it has been...interesting. Fascinating. Everything that had changed...out of all that has changed, I know my favourite advancement is not overly glamorous, but I do enjoy the ballpoint pen.

"As for when I slept, and when I meant to wake...I had come to realize my thralls would not sate me any longer and I needed the blood of kindred...even with my studies and the muzzling of mine companion...this. It was not good. I would not wish to fall to addiction to my fellows, or be bound into servitude. I wished to sleep until my blood thinned some, but I....slept until I could not sleep any longer. I slept as if I had a stake in mine heart.....in my darkest thoughts I think I did."

L
    Lina Moretti

Reservations were normal. They'd just met, and if her last experiences with the Order had been of duplicity and betrayal, then that would forever color her. Among vampires, trust was a fool's errand. You could only trust people to do the things that suited them. It just so happened that when it came to deliberately leading Dragons to madness, retribution suited Lina. One couldn't find the way home if one allowed people to cover it in land mines.

"It is actually a test for him. You're what? A Scribe, at least; you mentioned Blood and Soul? If not more? You don't need to be tested by me. Your achievements speak for themselves." Coils learned and Oaths sworn. That was the measure of a Dragon. If she was a Scribe, then she had standing here above and beyond the average newcomer. "His name is Lawrence Taft. The Priscus of Mekhet, who wishes to join our ranks. He is from a specific bloodline that gets into issues of memory and the Blood. You might want to know him. If he proves helpful to you in your quest to recover pieces of your past, then I'd like to know about that. Yours... well, you've lost hundreds of years, by the sound of it. You game to look into his capabilities for me? Aaron van Valen is a master occultist of our Order, too. He could probably tell you some true facts about Taft's people, so you're not going in blind."

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Suddenly Ffion receives a call on her cell, the Haunt answers, her voice sounds shaky as she continues her side of the conversation.

She quickly apologises to the Grand Wyrm, before making her exit.

Ffion Exits the Scene.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread