Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Around Kine adopts the surname Leyna.

Enliven the Face: Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Having and responding to facial cues, and body language in a fashion that fully imitates life.

Curse:
    Cloying, wrong, the scent of rotten apples lingers and clings. Beyond her scent, if she’s ever caught gloveless, her fingers are slightly sticky to the touch, like she’s held that poisoned fruit, and it’s fetid juice was never wiped away.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The Nox Populi, a brazen label for any who know. Once had she been turned away by the thralls kept and sent to the warehouse where she witnessed the execution done by the Prince's talons before she was Acknowledged as a member of Her Majesty's Domain. A heady warning if there ever was one.

Coming now to Elysia she was to meet Lina Moretti Grand Wyrm to Dragonkin. Ffion was dressed much as she had been before. A black suit, with thin but sturdy gloves. Hair shorn, and makeup thick. Colourful as her once worn warpaint. Though this time she chose a t-shirt with a faded picture upon it. A band from some decades ago. The Haunt couldn't remember the name, but now she enjoyed the feel of the warn fabric against her flesh.

She strides past the line and enters through the side, directed by helpful, but forgetful thralls. Down she descends and is lead towards an meeting room. A place used for meetings such as these she assumed.

She is first to arrive, and there was a idiom of someplace about birds and worms, but there was also one of mice and cheese.

Health: | Willpower: | Vitae:

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Enliven the Face: Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Seeming more alive than most Kindred. Having and responding to facial cues, and body language in a fashion that fully imitates life.

Curse:
    Cloying, wrong, the scent of rotten apples lingers and clings. Beyond her scent, if she’s ever caught gloveless, her fingers are slightly sticky to the touch, like she’s held that poisoned fruit, and it’s fetid juice was never wiped away.

(Blush)Vitae 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Book Keeping~

L
    Lina Moretti

No trap baited with cheese awaited the Nosferatu in Sacramento's fine Elysium. What entered after was not some danger; rather, it was simply an athletic little brunette with long hair in a braid trailing down to her shoulder blades over a black pinstriped pantsuit. Her feet clacked as her two-inch pumps found the floor, heralding her arrival.

"Your call caught me at a good time. You rescued me from a very dry client meeting." A playful smile crossed the Daeva's face. Her Beast roared its fury - the interloper was one of very few in this city and the Blood called for violence for once, rather than cringing in terror at the sight of every vampire to enter the Domain. It surprised Moretti, and she found herself naming objects in the room in her head, going through the ritual of preparing to calm the bloodlust by force with the Coil.

A hand came up to shake. Was that... rotten apples she smelled?

"Lina Moretti. A pleasure to meet you in person. What brings you up to our neck of the woods?"

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The snow laden fur of her fylgja bristles, as it's cries reverberate throughout her blood. Glad of her stance, held behind a chair so she might grip the back of it with her gloved hand.

The primordial fear, the expected terror. Cycles and tides.

[COLOR="#DAA520"]"Then I am glad of my timing,"[/colof] she says, as she muzzles her companion. It takes her longer to reach for the outstretched hand, but she does take it, even if there is an undisciplined tremor going through the wanderer.

Releasing Moretti's hand, she makes to sit. "I am glad ot meet you as well." she pauses, it isn't a hesitation but a contemplation, "How formal do you wish to be?" she asks, before moving on to answer the questions, "I've been exploring this land for some time now. I thought I would make work of it by state, and their capitol city." it wasn't the most glamorous of reasons, but it was one.

L
    Lina Moretti

"Here? Now?" A gentle shrug as she closed the door and found a seat. "Not terribly. Though our organization does not lack one bit for formality, a private welcome doesn't need to be the place for it. The Invictus will insist on enough formality in this building, I assure you." An understanding smile crossed her face, like it was their nature. Frogs would jump. Scorpions would sting. Unconquered would be formal all the time. "An explorer. Well, you've certainly found an interesting spot to live; though I would not say I have found Sacramento to be incredibly culturally significant, it definitely hosts opportunities for a Kindred to learn, grow and develop in their Work. Which have your favorite cities been so far?"

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"It does not." her lips twist wryly. "I wanted to make sure, and avoid blunders." she says, the tighter control over her language loosens, the ambiguity of her accent caresses and sighs around the vowels and consonants.

"It is a place that is not where I once was. It is different, simply walking through causes me to know that. The rives and the trees. The asphalt and steel. It is an unusual city for it's dichotomous balance."

She doesn't truly relax, no kindred would in the presence of another, but she settles a little easier in her chair. "That is a pleasant thing to hear, I have been...not as dedicated as I had been in past years. Though I aim to change this, how many are within the Order within Sacramento?" she asks, before moving on to answer the question of the Daeva, "I enjoyed the rural places that remind me of long ago, while the more modern are appealing too. Were New York city a different place with different rules, I would perhaps have found it a wonderful urban landscape, but it doesn't so I saw much of the sewers. The Necropolis there is...extensive, elaborate, a thing of careful planning and beauty.

"Though to name a favourite...Seattle. After my stay in Olympia I headed north and, I fell a little bit in love. Rain, the smell, the sound...and the vibrancy underneath the dreary pitterpatter...yes. Seattle is by far my favourite place I have stayed within America thus far."

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina listened contentedly, hooking one shod foot over the other ankle and folding her hands on the table. She immediately got the sense that though this individual was weak in the Blood, she was older. Perhaps fresh out of Torpor, having bled away her potency to the Slumber of Ages? That happened. She found herself wondering something.

"We are four, with you included. I serve as Grand Wyrm, and I represent our Covenant's interests in this Domain as Regent of Florin and lead Clan Daeva as its Priscus. My co-regent, Aaron van Valen, is Priscus of Clan Ventrue and one of the most learned occult scholars I have ever met. Our newest recruit, Cynthia Weiss, is Priscus of your Blood. And now, you." She smiled. Growth was good. "It would not surprise me if we had a fifth soon. The Priscus of Shadows, Lawrence Taft, is expressing... curiosity. It's a good time to come to town."

Wondering idly, she asked, "I wonder if Clan Nosferatu has such a cool Necropolis down below this town -- not that I would ask you to reveal Clan secrets, but I'm a curious sort, by interest and by trade." She smiled at the idea of Seattle, having been there when she was younger. "You know, I used to love hanging out on Cap Hill up in Seattle when I was mortal. That place was so fun. I hear it has some awesome nightlife, even now."

A gesture toward her, even as Moretti leaned forward. "Tell me, Ffion. How can we help you find your impetus toward your studies going forward? Plainly, you are no neonate. As a member of our Chapter, we will be here for you."

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

A small, "Ah," leaves her lips, "This is more politically adept then I am used to from the Order. I assume the Chapter House resides within yours and Priscus van Valen Regency?" she asks, seeking clarification. "I had heard that the population of Sacramento was not overly large, but four plus one curious Shadow seems not that large an Academy to me..."

She hums, "I haven't yet seen the realm below as of yet. I have an invitation from Priscus Weiss, but I do not know of her policies regarding it."

A brow arches, curiosity piqued, "Capitol Hill while you were mortal....might I ask how long ago this was?" she smiles. "I have spent many, many hours wandering this place. Going from bar to bar and just breathing in the life."

She is silent for a long moment,

"I am not a neonate, no. Svefnthorn-Torpor has robbed me of many things...I had been teaching someone, I entrusted them my safety whilst I was unaware and asked them their aid in waking me, after a time. They..." she trails off, her eyes pinned to memory and not upon Lina's face. "Did not do those things. My student...destroyed my reputation within the Order. When I woke and reached out again. I needed to know what I did wrong in my experiment, I knew that I was to do something, but....it slipped through my grasping fingers. I had tried to reach a chrysalis so I might not lose pieces of mineself, but had failed. Pride saw me to my fall, but to be slapped so...I-" she shakes her head, realizing she was beginning to spiral into a tangent of feelings instead of the laying of facts. "They thought I was returning tail betwixt my legs. Begging for scraps at their table after shitting on it." she presses her gloved fingers to the bridge of her nose. A puzzlingly human habit as she applies pressure. Before returning to the topic at hand. "After that realization that everything that I had done, meant nothing because of poisoned words....that. Everything you might imagine. These things, made me....not want to continue."

She adjusts in her seat, "For a time after, I would not claimed myself Dragon. I started travelling. I wanted to be away, while also attempting to learn and relearn to reignite my curiosity."

L
    Lina Moretti

"It does. There were certainly practical considerations in our moves with respect to which territory we sought," the Regent said. "We have things to accomplish, so I would rather not leave my people's housing to chance. Rather, I would prefer to have the certain ability to provide. After all, with four, plus one curious Shadow..." She gave a meaningful shrug. There weren't enough people to go around. "If we all pitch in and are united, our Great Work can be our focus."

Capitol Hill. What a gorgeous area of town. Moretti grinned at the question. It had been the same question Blackbird had once asked, but it was different with Ffion. She was older. It would not be a point of attempted competition. "Long enough ago to know that I don't talk about my age, but recently enough to have enjoyed some really good goth bars," she said with an amused half-smile.

Ah. So she was an old one, lost to the depths of torpor. Betrayed by her student, lost to the darkness; God, what a concept. "I have forceful opinions about individuals who would engage in such practices as betraying another in their Chrysalis. Rest assured if any shit like that occurs here, I'll take care of it. We've got things to get done, and they're a lot harder to do when we're knifing each other in the back. Tell me, what areas of the Work excite you most?"

Bad Apple
    Presence
    (Wafting)
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Ffion

Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Ah, with those names attached to tittles I had feared that the Academy lay within a separate Regency, and we needed to let play a great political quest to reclaim what is held elsewhere and rebuild it within Florin, but it gladdens my heart to hear that this is not so."

Her red stains lips quirk upward, even as the cloying scent of rotting apples permeates, wafting away and towards. "Very good, now I have a feint to ponder." there is a laugh hidden behind her eyes,

Ffion is silent, but she is not still. Her shoulders move as she inhales, as she blinks, and shifts in her seat. Subtle tells, but tells all the same. "That, is a gladdening thing to hear indeed." she leans forward. "My thanks for this stance of yours."

Retreating to her own space, even as the scent lingers, clinging desperately to the air around it.

"What excites me the most...?" she echos, eyes searching the air around her her answers. I takes her a long time, sitting there. Shifting and blinking and breathing, "I have not claimed myself Dragon, and it has been long since I sought to pursue the Great Work. It has only been within the last handful of years that I thought to regain something of what I had. What excites me the most is...simply my excitement. That it is there once again, budding now. Not quite in full bloom, but it is there."

It was not as analytical as some would prefer, but it was hers.

"And of yourself? I do not wish to seem a glutton. Consuming the entirety of this conversation. How have your own studies gone, what has your interests piqued?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread