Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Bruce Harcourt was keeping the Gang Strike Force out of play with bribes. Clara aimed to make the men on the Force more honest.

Upon adjuring with the Kindred gathered to collect intelligence on the Hunter threat, Clara worked over several nights tugging on her network of journalists and reporters. She always started with the same line, "Completely off the record, I can assure you the Gang Strike Force is taking bribes. I can't say how, but I know it's true. Can you fill in the blanks?"

It bore little fruit at first. Those that showed interest insisted they take their time and flesh out this story. Time was a precious resource she couldn't waste on kine so they can feel good about their methods. She needed to expedite the process.

One night, she decided to push a little more insistently. E-mail? Voicemail? Texts? A meeting set for next month? That wouldn't do. The Bacchante, with all her charm and manipulation at her disposal, insisted this story was worth all of the resources she demanded of it.

After she'd struck the chord and the story was ready or near ready, she'd ask only one favor for bringing this juicy morsel of a story to her Allies. "Hold the story for a week, and I'll arrange an interview with the City Councilman overseeing the Gang Strike Force. Deal?"

Plant A Story 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-23 15:03:46 Clara E. Verne rolls 8 to look into Bruce Harcourt bribing Gang Strike Force (Man + Pers + News Media) (10 Again) 2, 3, 5, 2, 10, 1, 6, 3, 2 1 success
      Plant A Story 1 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-23 15:07:07 Clara E. Verne rolls 6 to look into Bruce Harcourt bribing Gang Strike Force (Man + Pers + News Media) (10 Again) 2, 4, 4, 10, 5, 1, 3 1 success
      Plant a Story 5 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-23 15:08:14 Clara E. Verne rolls 7 to look into Bruce Harcourt bribing Gang Strike Force (Man + Pers + News Media) (10 Again, WillPower) 8, 3, 8, 8, 4, 1, 10, 8 5 successes

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

(Used on News Media Roll)Willpower 1 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Expending WP used for the last roll

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Politics require patience. Clara had little of it with the looming threat over the Domain of Sacramento. She had used her charm over the Summer to garner a little political capital.

It was a coin that was slowly minted, frugally spent, and easily worthless with the wrong choices. The hunter threat required she call on her modest political connections to draw City Hall into the fray between mortals and Kindred.

Luckily, Clara had a compelling story. An anonymous source had leaked that the Gang Strike Force was drowning in bribes. The story was bubbling just under the surface. The reporters were following up on their leads and could publish any day now. At least, that's what Clara said when she approached her political allies. She always started with the same answer to the shocked staff doubts: "Look, all I know is that this is out there. I don't know how true it is, but this is an election year. You have to get out ahead of this! Crack down if there's anything there!"

Again, there were roadblocks. Murmurs of due process. Meek calls for obstinate investigations. This flimsy topic called proof. Clara repeated her story again and again and pressed with urgency. When occasionally asked why this mattered so much to the well-connected socialite, she'd respond, "Well, his wife is my friend. And their fundraisers are always so touching. I just heard about this before it got out, so of course I'd want her husband to be made aware. And god forbid if there's any truth to it, I'd feel safer if the bad apples were removed from the bunch! Wouldn't you?"

Clara Verne poked and prodded and cajoled to see if she could get City Hall to crack down on corruption in the Gang Strike Force. The sooner, the better.

Political Pressure 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-29 22:51:26 Clara E. Verne rolls 15 to pressure City Hall into cleaning up the Gang Strike Force ( Man + Pers + 2 Allies (City Hall) + 7 Equip Bonus (Bribing Story) ) (10 Again) 10, 6, 6, 6, 5, 4, 5, 8, 9, 7, 3, 1, 3, 6, 7, 4 3 successes
      Political Pressure 4 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-29 22:51:55 Clara E. Verne rolls 13 to pressure City Hall into cleaning up the Gang Strike Force ( Man + Pers + 2 Allies (City Hall) + 7 Equip Bonus (Bribing Story) ) -2 Duchagne curse (10 Again) 10, 7, 4, 5, 8, 5, 5, 7, 1, 5, 10, 4, 6, 9, 3 4 successes
      Political Pressure 2 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-29 22:53:59 Clara E. Verne rolls 11 to pressure City Hall into cleaning up the Gang Strike Force ( Man + Pers + 2 Allies (City Hall) + 7 Equip Bonus (Bribing Story) ) - 4 Duchagne curse (10 Again) 6, 1, 7, 5, 4, 1, 4, 9, 1, 10, 7, 2 2 successes
      Political Pressure 5 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-29 22:55:27 Clara E. Verne rolls 9 to pressure City Hall into cleaning up the Gang Strike Force ( Man + Pers + 2 Allies (City Hall) + 7 Equip Bonus (Bribing Story) ) - 6 Duchagne Curse (10 Again) 2, 3, 8, 9, 6, 10, 7, 7, 9, 8 5 successes

Closed Thread