Ended
Watch
21 - 30
DISPLAYED
Lex and Councillors

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
    S
    Samael

As far as I understand it; currently Cabals are being treated as a Lex item. What Samael is saying, is he agrees with Campanella that it should be converted into the Charter.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

Monthly spells done on character sheet.

Pulse of the Living World[POT 6]
    Organic Resilience[POT 6]
    (PrP Treasure Hunt)

Active Spells: 1/6
    [Detect Substance]Bone
    Personal Spells: 2/3
    Vulgar:
    Mana:6/8
    WP:3

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

Taking a sip of the coffee, she listens as Campy speaks. Making some good points.

So she nods, “While I can kinda understand why they wanted Cabals to have a minimum of three, that was when we were a larger group. Times have changed, and like you said, people have come and gone. Leaving those in Cabals with them in a bad spot. And I’m sorry you had to experience that.” It sucked.

“And in my opinion, I don’t see anything wrong with wanting them to establish a Shared Sanctum. It gives incentive to stick around and shows they’re serious.” Cause Sanctum’s weren’t cheap.

A nod then to Sam, “That is one of my concerns as well. Not everyone is going to support this, and as such, we need to make sure things are in order and that no one can find loopholes to suit their needs.” That just wouldn’t work.

“Oh they are. I just know that not every Cabal recognizes every Great Right. Usually when they form, it’s discussed if they want to keep all the Great Rights, or omit some.” She’d been in enough Cabals to remember those discussions.

“My concern with having more in the room is the circus it causes. I don’t know what you thought, but that last meeting was a shit show. But if you’re worried about not including others, how about we come up with a rough draft, and each present it to our Paths. Let them look it over, write down their feedback, and then go from there. Though to be quite honest, I don’t see many giving feedback or caring.” Not with the way they handled themselves. “But I’m open to suggestions.” A smile and nod.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella murmured.

"That is always a risk. The anarchy we experienced last time was to be expected. The Consilium is rejuvenating itself but beyond that I don't think we need think on it further. This is no Assembly after all."

He leaned back and spread his hands.

"But let us move on. I simply wished to bring up my thoughts and it seems we ourselves have a rough consensus..."

He paused to check Sand.

"But there must be other issues my fellow Councillors wish to discuss?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

S
    Samael

The Warlock raised a brow at Aurora? Cabals that selectively enforce the Great Rights is heresy.
    He held back against the temptation for a tirade. His opinion would just derail the conversation.

Samael nodded in agreement with Campanella. They knew his thoughts on the Assembly; anarchy disguised as democracy.

His gaze shifted to the Obrimos, "I will cede my time to Sand."

S
    Samael

For everyone's reference, Sanctum and Sigil, Chapter One, details the political structures and Cabals.

Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I understand the desire to have a robust perfect law... but I think that you guys might be setting yourself up for failure. Especially given the state of Sacramento."

Pulling a mechanical pencil out. Spins between fingers. Once. Twice. Again.

"Uhh... really? That's different than what I was taught."

Notebook opened, mechanical pencil clicked, note made.

A nod = agreement w/ Campanella.

Rejuvenating. Good term.

"Shit show. Yes. Because of lack of concern... I'm less convinced. Usually such drama is exactly because people care. But yeah- I like that direction more. Though I will probably go at it reverse. Talk to the rest of the Obrimos, get a draft together from them and bring it here. See how it meshes what you guys have? But yeah... you're right Campanella... I'm getting distracted myself."

"Issues? I mean... I don't know that I would say I have issues? I just figure we should do what Samael said and take it one step at a time."

A blink. Pencil spun. If he insisted.
    Notebook flipped 2/ clean sheet. Lead and sound laid out simultaneously.

"Keeping our discussion to Sacramento's Lex... We have the 5 Precepts obviously. And we are all good with the verdicts associated."

"We're keeping stuff like Cabal definition to the Charter... so all that gets shifted over to be dealt with when we tackle that."

"I personally think the Gold Laws should still be in the Lex. I'm not sure I like the idea of Cabals or individual mages being able to just ... toss them aside? Oh- though I suppose I should clarify... the Gold Laws being the Great Rights and ..."
    a glance 2/ early notebook pages, "The Duel Arcane. Anything else would need to be proven as a Gold Law. Unless.... is there one here that I don't know?"

Quick check on topics covered
    1. Precepts - yes
    2. Gold Laws (Great Rights & Duel Arcane) - yes
    3. Silver Law/Concords - not yet
    4. Bronze/Common Law - not yet
    5. Iron Law - no

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Multicolored copper bracelet with intricate loops winding around her right wrist.
    Nimbus

The sweet, fragrant smells of roses mixed with lilacs emanate from her as she casts magic. The scent intensifies, bordering on intoxicating, when Life magic is cast. When Aurora casts Vulgar magic, the scent takes a nasty turn, to the putrid, nauseating odor of a rotting corpse. The stronger the magic, the more those around want to retch at the smell.
    Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

While there was something else bugging her, it didn’t have to do with the Lex. So she kept quiet about it and would bring it up if there was time after the more important issues were dealt with.

Shrugging, “I don’t think it needs to be perfect, nothing is.” There could never be a perfect Lex.

Nodding, “One step at a time works for me. And while I have some issues, it doesn’t have to do with what we’re talking about now. And can be addressed at a later date when what is more important is handled.” Which was the Lex.

“I have no issues with the Gold Laws.” Plus, they weren’t meant to be changed.

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

"I am content."

Campanella relaxed into his seat.

Aurora
    Spells
    Striking Looks
    (Riveting)
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Fame
    (Entertainment)
    Madison Cross
    (Sleeper ID)
    Gnosis
    Aurora
    Aurora

Dedicated Magical Tool

Nimbus

Monthly Spells

(PrP Treasure Hunt)

[Detect Substance]Bone
    Vulgar:

FAME
    +1
    SL
    PRE

There was a nod as she took a drink of her coffee. The laid back nature of the meeting was most welcome to the Thyrsus.

"What did we want to address next?"

Sorry to jump ahead, just trying to keep it moving forward

Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1

PRE

Campanella remained quite as he sipped at his wine. Idly, he returned to examining the Lex.

"Personally, I believe everything is in order. There is a lot of material from the ... past. I do not think we should part with it. If people are concerned with that historical material, perhaps we simply move it to the back and streamline the text?"

This purely cosmetic and doesn't change anything substantially. I just note that wiki describes the Lex as big weighty tome.

Page 3 of 4 First 1 2 3 4 Last
Closed Thread