Ended
Watch

(1809) Autumn Equinox

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
    N
    Nana

Nana returns quickly, only her doctor’s bag as purse now in tow. There wasn’t anyone quaking in fear, but no one seemed to have lost their appetite either. Penance’s white knuckled grip of her silverware seemed strange, but Nana assumed Ogres were angry by default.
    She prepared a drink of juice from mixed goblin fruit, the swirls of red and pink taking on humanoid silhouette as the liquid sloshed in the glass while she took her seat. She smiled to Rhodes with the kind words. “I’m glad. The Wyrd was kind to me with its guidance. I like to think that’s a good omen it’ll do the same for us all in its crowning.”

The sudden whip of chill wind as he looking up. An open mouthed grin spreading on her face as the leaves of too perfect color began to descend. Her eyes following the flow of Glamour until it leads to the Flowering Fairest. Her grin turns to a softer smile as she turns in her seat to watch the spectacle of crowning.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Something about that cold wind seeps into Rhodes' spine, send chills along it that have nothing to do with the cold. Icy fear wraps itself around Rhodes' heart, and mirthless grin spreads slowly across his features. He grips the arms of the chair tightly.

Atop the Fairest's's head, the same black branches that hold the red flowers at his temples stretch and grow and twist and weave, forming a knotted whole. A myriad of autumnal leaves burst outwards, covering the fine crown in a laurel of acorns and fallen leaves - oak, ash, sycamore, turning green with life then the gold, yellow and red of Autumn, before being transformed as a a dull, leaden grey seeps through the veins, capturing the foliage in a Midas-like transportation from Harvest colour to a tarnished metallic grey.

He takes a deep, steadying breath, feeling the adrenaline course through him. The Dread Lord of Autumn rises slowly, and taps his goblt three times with his fork, the clear sound ringing loud and sonorous.

"Members of the Freehold of Sacramento! I must interrupt our delightful meal for a moment. The Wyrd has chosen myself to be the new Autumn Sovereign, a duty unto the others of my Court that I humbly accept." Rhodes looks around at the assembled Lost. He steps out from the table, moving around to the steps up towards the Autumn's guest house so he can oversee all gathered at the table. "This did not happen alone. Only with the support of this Court and the Wyrd does a Crown become manifest. Every member of Autumn has shown themselves to be loyal to their Court. I give my thanks to each of them, in a manner I can see fit - bestowing them with the role within the Court of Fear I believe they will excel, if they will accept."

He picks out the Autumn Courtiers sat at the table one by one. "To Nana, of the Wizened, as a part of word agreed and promise fulfilled, I appoint as my Witch of the Bitter Winds. To Penance the Ogre, I first welcome you officially into the Court of Autumn, as the first Gathering since your induction. I offer you the role of Paladin of Shadows. May you continue to serve as a bridge between the Iron Spear and the Leaden Mirror." He pauses, turning towards the Shadowy gorgeous form of Lucifer with a wry smile. "And finally to Lucifer, the Morning star, I offer the role of Legate of Mists. I hope you will make the words of your Court felt as eloquently and convincingly as those of your own designs."

The Flowering spreads his arms wide. "I hope that you, My Court, will accept your roles. And I extend the hand of the Leaden Mirror to the other Courts of the Freehold, that we may ensure our safety, from all the threats that may become upon us." He smiles broadly. "For now, at least, let us finish our fine meal. Eat, drink, and be merry... for us, danger lurks around every corner." The smile turns hard for a moment, before his eyes sparkle and he returns to the head of the table.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

3. Likes liked this post
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid pauses from the wrestling match with her shadowy fondoo.

The Darkling raises an eyebrow and makes a sound not unlike a relieved sigh.

"Then I guess Spring will be welcoming the new Ashen Sovereign," she replies, squeaking slightly toward the end as her meal makes a bid for freedom.

If Ingrid had any lingering thoughts regarding Lucifer, she did not say.
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

5. Likes Xadun liked this post
    T
    Tiphon

The big sand creature had found himself a plate full of things that looked gooey and oh-so-chewy, fruits from afar and meats that made the human part of him curious and the Wyrd piece of him excited. Sitting and going to town on the delicious meal, he found himself thankful for the Harvest; this piece of Autumn always was so enjoyable. After the planting of Spring and Summer's righteous heat, to enjoy the bounties of Fall felt right.

Then, something amazing happened.

The Wyrd spoke, not with words but with deeds, and a new Crown manifested over the head of the charming Flowering, Rhodes. The sandstorm cheered for him, letting out a whoop of congratulations and clapping his hands. "Congratulations to Fall's Officers," he rumbled before ramming a dark pudding into his face. This was so much better than the soup kitchen and the meal lines...

Scene Stats
    Striking Looks
    (Exotic)
    Presence
    Mantle Dry Heat
    Circe

Merit-Striking Looks (exotic)
    Mein:

Her skin turns a slate-blue and her hair bone white. The whites of her eyes are blood red, the irises are purple with cat-slit black pupils. The helix of her ears elongate out 2" inches ending in a tip. Her features sharpen and her figure has an unnatural, inhuman litheness that can be intellectually disturbing.
    Scenes

IDK
    CSbb
    Mask

Her skin brings to mind Mediterranean, Middle Eastern, or Asian races, though her high cheek bones and sharp facial structure don't match. Most assume she is of mixed ancestry given the pale blonde hair. Alias Mary Maniscalo.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Circe raised her pseudo fruit pop towards Rhodes in salute. She also shouted, Salve al re, piccola!

Circe looks to Blink and more quietly asks, "Huh, I'm gonna be honest with ya. I totally forgot that I can fork over seasonal titles ta all of ya. Ha ha ha," she the elf spread her arms as she shrugs, "Ah well. Ya want any of 'em?"
    Fairest: Larcenist | WYRD 2| Mantle: Dry Desert Heat |Health: 8 | Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7

8. Likes Xadun liked this post

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Freya did little in the sea of strangers and acquaintances, but watched with great interest as Rhodes undertook the Leaden Crown. Mother Talons' eyes searched the Flowering's features as he experiences his Crowning. As it completes a small, genuine smile crosses the Hunterheart's face as Rhodes acknowledges the contributions of his Court in his success, for the Wyrd only crowns those with appropriate ability and that is difficult to achieve alone.

Regardless, one who was known to her achieved the role of Sovereign, though the Den Mother did not yet know if the Fairest was yet a friend or mere acquaintance. Thus, as proud as her heart was for him, Freya kept her celebration for his crowning conservative, opting for a small clap as his Crowning completed and he issued his first decrees, elevating those who he believed had contributed to his rise to power. Nonetheless, the softening of rigid feathers around her face and head was likely enough to signify her silent approval. Freya was a poor liar after all.

Finding a moment to speak as the others began to say their piece, Frey spoke, "Congratulations, Rhodes. And to your appointees, should they accept."

Circe's nonchalant attitude continued to amuse, prompting a soft chuckle from the bird-thing before she returned her attention, at least partially, to the strange jellymeat in front of her.
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

10. Likes Xadun liked this post
    B
    Blink

Blink held up her bottle. "Congrats and cheers!" With that, she took another swig. How much had she had so far? Blink was very much drunk, at this point. She placed the bottle back down on the table.

Blink smiled to Circe. "You already granted me mine." With that, she couldn't help but chuckle a bit, her eyes drifting back to the bottle.

P
    Penance

A chill wind picks up that prickles at Penance's spine. As if a trickle of ice cold water dripped down her back, a frisson of trepidation tickles the hair on her body. She only had a moment of confusion to question why when the crown knit itself above Rhodes' brow. Huh, guess that solves whether he'll take the crown Circe provided. Penance nods approvingly even as she goes back to eating while the new Autumn Sovereign gave his speech. By her reckoning, he was probably the best choice it could've gone to. He seemed wise enough, was pretty diplomatic. He at least had one of the strongest Mantles among the Autumn Court. And unlike Lucifer, he didn't seem like he'd throw his title around just to intimidate and inspire subservience.

She was caught a bit by surprise when she was included in on the ceremony, a swath of black noodles that writhed like damned still halfway in her mouth. She bit it off and stood when her name was called, trying to somehow look proper and respectful with goblin fruit-juice dribbling down her chin. Honestly, you should've seen this coming. You can't eat without making a mess and you had to have known some ceremony was coming, stupid girl.

"It will be my honor to serve, Sovereign Rhodes." She actually had taken it upon herself to look up some of the courtly positions available to them, if for nothing else than curiosity. Autumn was one part learning, after all. Of all the positions she'd read about, Paladin had been the one she felt herself most suited for. Relatively low rank and tasked with defending the monarch and being the more physical arm of the court. She figured she'd do most of that stuff anyways, so why not have a title to take pride in?

She returned to her seat and resumed eating, trying to ignore the burning in her cheeks. It had been a long while since she'd been near the center of attention like that. She had almost dreaded that the crown would manifest on her, but even the season knew she was probably the least qualified for the job. ...And yet... a seed of envy burned within her, possibly quite literally, there was no telling what these goblin fruits could cause

What happened to you? When did you become so afraid of being noticed?

"Ba zìji lā dào yīqi. You used to give speeches before you were a brute."

S
    Sasha

The Fairest had been on pins and needles awaiting for tonight. Previous events really had her worried until the Crown did it's duty. The Dancer was utterly relieved to hear and see the Wyrd taking its hold upon Rhodes. She almost teared up with happiness for him.

The Onyx stepped forward and bowed to the new Leaden King. She applauded and smiled larger than she thought she would. "Congratulations King Rhodes." Nodding her head to the Autumn Fairest. "Also, congratulations to the other appointed officers of the Leaden Court." She gave another round of applause.

Her violet eyes really could hardly contain her happiness. She looked at John Doe and then realized how utterly quiet she'd been so far that evening. Yet as the Dancer's eyes looked over the Freehold members, she realized that Tiphon had arrived after Rhodes had already thought of his appointments. It would happen soon enough. Rhodes seemed like a very fair and smart gentleman.

N
    Nana

Nana watches with unabashed fascination as the Wyrd merged with Rhodes’ own bearing to give Autumn’s crown shape. She wished she had more than four times a year to study the phenomenon, but tonight most of all she just basked in the mystical display. She bowed her head as the newly anointed Dread Lord addressed her and bestowed the title. Seeing Penance stand had her rise to her feet, pleased to be joining the sign of respect. As Rhodes finished his now royal duties, she lifted up her own glass of shifting juice amid the congratulations from others. “To Rhodes ; Dread Lord of Sacramento, I gladly serve as Witch of the Bitter Winds in support of both Court and Freehold.” She took a drink that was both ceremonial and needed.

Circe’s carefree treatment of the pomp and circumstance of everything had her laugh. “If only we had a Fool of the First Frost to match wits with you Queen Circe .” Just as she said it, Nana accidentally depressed herself. Her smile fading for a moment as she looked over the gathering. Autumn had gained a member with Penance, but seemed to loose one with Wolfgang. He would have been perfect. She knew now wasn’t the time to brood.

She set her drink down and leaned to cut a slice from the haunch of a large, roasted hedgebeast, its rabbit like paw twitching still as she pulled the meat free to her plate. She sat down, looking to Penance and raising an eyebrow as the Ogre seemed to berate herself over something half in a language Nana didn’t understand. She addressed the group as she cut at the rabbit-like meat. “We all have a common fear, but would anyone be interested in doing Autumn the honor of sharing the foibles?”

She was curious, but wasn’t about to pry without sharing the scope of what she meant only as dinner conversation. “I for one still get uneasy in an empty office building. I don’t know why, they’re the least intimidating industrial complex. Spiders, bats – fine. A dimly lit cubicle? Sinister.” She said with the shiver of one of her lowest rung fears before savoring bit of the meat from off her fork. The vital spark wasn’t so fulfilling that she couldn’t enjoy this feast.

Page 6 of 8 First ... 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 Last
Closed Thread