DISPLAYED
(On the Hunt) Elk Grove Nights

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

The Kindred walk closer, taking their time. From what they can see and hear, the farm / church property is just that: a large plot of land being redeveloped and rejuvenated. One might imagine that once the work is done, the barn will be a pretty little church and the property strategically landscaped and forested - for privacy and defence. There is quite a way to go before that happens, however.

No vehicles are immediately evident. That changes once the group reach the property itself: two cars, a van, and a well preserved antique pickup are right at the back. They vehicles are closer to the trailers than the barn. A couple of large sheds or out houses are positioned along the rear of the property.

The earth is churned in front, and to the side of, the barn.

Those with their senses heightened will be able to make out the buzz of low conversation coming from the lit trailer. Distance and thickness of the heady air make it hard to make out much more than that.

Correct Matrixchild - definite signs of landscaping but no one is working at the time of the scene.

2. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

The presence of Krieg and Mable reassured Clara that there would be support if it was needed. Their words rang with the confidence of ability and Clara had seen that Mable was capable in a brawl. As she walked, she reached up and unhooked her kevlar vest beneath her sweater and then slipped the thin vest off while keeping her sweater on. She tossed it into her backpack and dropped it at her feet. "Converts don't walk around in kevlar armed with handguns," she said under her breath as she stretched in place.

She lingered in the still darkness and brought her hands up behind her head to watch Rebecca direct the group. She made a good point for stealth, even if Krieg had protested that there was no Shadow with them to assist. Though the image of the Giant disappearing into shadows was a bit hard for Clara to get her head around, she waited for the group to come to a consensus. She wouldn't want to be the only one knocking on the door to the trailer while the Lord, Haunt, and the Savage worked out the finer points strategy.

4. Likes Ruach liked this post
    K
    Krieg

In response to Rebecca, "I can." He then added, "Before I do that, I would prefer that we cover all possible exits to prevent their escape, then I can perform my magic trick."

Krieg will hold his action this turn.

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Just let me know what you folks want me to do, I am not good with coming up with tactics or strategy, whatever its called I suck at it. I am kinda impulsive." She shrug and gave a sheepish grin as she admitted her weaknesses.

7. Likes Ruach liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca turned her head, focusing all of her hearing on the sounds from the trailer. There were none in the field, but that appeared to be the focal point of the investigation. "I hear talking in the trailer. That'd be the place to start." She turned to focus on Krieg. "What more do you have in mind Karl? We're at a far enough distance now but I imagine the closer we get the more likely we are to be seen by someone in the trailer."

She thought for a moment, assessing what she believed she knew about each of their strengths. "So there's a couple of ways we could handle this, and I think we should all agree on how to proceed. First, we could all separate and circle around the property from a distance, create a perimeter and then Karl, you approach under shadow to gather more information."

"The other way is we create a distraction of some kind so that not just Karl, but Mable can look around. We could do that by causing a problem with one of the vehicles or even as simply as Clara or I approaching the trailer. Hell, someone might even just come out as we approach and we just do everything we can to gain their full attention. Personally, I'm in favor of the perimeter idea, only so that we have more information before Clara and I approach, but I'm willing to hear other suggestions."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

"I second the perimeter idea. It'll only take a second. Though I'm for staying close together. At least close enough to call to each other. They don't know we're here, but if anything should go wrong we can fall back as one or fight as one. I'd feel safer having Mable nearby. I haven't seen Karl do his thing before, but I'm sure it would be handy." Clara shrugged. She'd seen the Savage Priscus fight first hand. "She has her uniform, yeah?" Clara was about to suggest what she could use that for but honestly couldn't even pin what that uniform was for. "Uh, it blends in, right?" She was asking Mable Wood directly.

She kicked at the dirt idly. They had a bit of time before the trailer and clarification should only take a second. "And our story for when we go to the trailer: Maybe mother daughter? You dragging me in for salvation, maybe." She chided playfully but then liked the sound of it. Sometimes Clara forgot how young she looked. To her it was just ever-presently her. "Let's try not to be too suspicious as we loiter with a purpose." She bopped the side of her head as if to say Whoops, forgot. "Oh, and call me Elisa."

10. Likes Ruach, Psychangel liked this post
    K
    Krieg

Krieg nodded, "Set up the perimeter. I'll be around," then he stepped away. His formed blurred then faded from sight.

Invis Mode. 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-06 20:42:28 Krieg rolls 7 to Vanish [Int+Stealth+Obs] (10 Again) 10, 1, 7, 4, 5, 10, 8, 7, 4 3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-06 20:42:28 Krieg rolls 7 to Vanish [Int+Stealth+Obs] (10 Again) 10, 1, 7, 4, 5, 10, 8, 7, 4 3 successes

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-06 20:45:06 Krieg rolls 5 to Eavesdrop on the trailer [Perception] (10 Again) 8, 6, 7, 2, 5 1 success

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable looked away from Krieg back towards Rebecca and Clara. Mable looked down at her uniform which was a brown shirt with the Urban Forestry logo on it, a tool belt, and brown shorts with work boots. "Well I blend in a little, I could start measuring the trees in the neighborhood. I could even knock on the trailer and ask them questions about the trees they are planting etc. That is all in line with my position at work."

She looked at both women, "Or would you prefer me to stay near in the background?"

13. Likes Ruach liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca offered Clara a smile at her suggestion. "Mother-daughter. Could work. Would certainly fit with the theme. I guess I'll have to do my best to save you Elisa." She paused for a moment as Krieg disappeared. Looking to Mable she said, "if you use your uniform to play out the 'check the trees' idea you can stay towards the back of the trailer and property and be less conspicuous. If we go forward with our scheme then there'll be even less reason for you to be of note to those inside."

Rebecca held out her hand to Clara. "If I'm going to be dragging you to salvation, I imagine I would need to keep you close." The intent was clear, she wanted to grab the woman's wrist to 'drag' her to the trailer, but she wouldn't grab Clara without permission.

Page 3 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread