Ended
Watch
11 - 20
DISPLAYED
(On the Hunt) Elk Grove Nights

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Clara, Krieg and Mable all spoke, and Rebecca recalled the information she had been given by her contacts. "So my contacts have told me that essentially the police are well aware that some survivalists and fundamentalists have taken up refuge within Elk Grove but have essentially left them to their own devices. Though they did mention a preacher who was reaching out to people as a farmer, which may just confirm your information of the farm being valuable," she said, focusing on Clara. "But to me the more interesting detail is that the criminal element in the area appears to be the target of a cleansing, so there focus isn't just on us. Again a 'street preacher' was mentioned, with possible connections to gun runners and arms dealers. Seems like the longer things go on, the more likely violence will erupt here."

Rebecca's information wasn't as specific as an address, but she felt it more or less confirmed something. "I think the smartest move may be to do some surveillance on this address you found Clara. If it's not our D, I believe it'll be a step in the right direction with everything else my people are telling me." She paused for a moment, her face softening slightly. "Good job getting that by the way."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara gave Krieg an impressed smile at his presumed French familiarity. "Impressive, Karl," her voice an octave above a whisper. Mable alluded to wearing a uniform and Clara honestly wondered at what sort of job she adopted as cover. She considered Mable's question of a plan when Rebecca chimed in. The sole Daeva listened as the Harpy shared some extra information.

There was a lot of smoke around a Derrick who lived here and ran a farm/church at a certain address. "We can start making our way over now," she said as she re-checked her phone for directions. "How do you guys want to play it? I haven't broken into lots of homes, so if we want them to stay unaware, I'm not the best choice for B & E." Clara had a surprising amount of knowledge around petty crimes and larceny for someone who claimed to have not broken into lots of homes.

As she spoke, Clara started to stroll towards the house while remaining within earshot of the assembled predators.

3. Likes Ruach liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"Karl" nodded to Clara "Thank you."

After hearing the three Kindred speak, Krieg ticked off each Clan in his head. "Should've brought a ninja with us. Then we'd have Karl's Angels." He cracked the joke to lighten the tension.

"I believe a bit of subterfuge is all that's needed. Street Preachers are a magnet for weirdos. We just need to portray the kind of weirdos he's expecting. Pose as individual who 'heard the good word.'"

He looked to their lively complexions. Without a word further, a simple effort of will pushed the vitae through his circulatory system. "We ought to establish a few code words ahead of time. If I say, 'the weather has been awful,' make yourselves scarce for a moment. My talent has a large area of effect and it does not discriminate. Just duck around a corner and you'll be fine."

Clarification

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable watched to see with Rebecca and Clara thought of the idea.

6. Likes Ruach liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

"I think it'll all depend on what we find when we get there."

She turned and focused on Clara for a moment. "If it comes to talking our way in somewhere I imagine you and I will likely take lead." She was quite curious to see Clara in action. Both as an ally and as a rival.

Then she turned to Krieg and Mable. "If it gets hairy, can we count on you two to back us up? I'm not afraid to admit I'm not adapt at the physical arts." From her conversations with Mable she had gotten the impression she could fight. Could Krieg?

"But regardless, we'll need to see what we're working with first," she said as she started to follow Clara towards the address.

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

As luck would have it, Derrick's property was not too far.

The farmland was hidden in shadow, marked only by a small billboard that was hard by the road. The farm loomed in the shadows beyond: a largely empty space containing a moderately sized barn and a couple of trailers. Soft lighting illuminated the barn's entrance; a harsher light leeched from the windows of one of the trailers.

The billboard was lit to display its message: in this case an exhortation from the Christ to His Disciples in the garden at Gethsemane to "keep watch" (Matt 26: 41).

Those who were more attentive will notice that the farm is not totally waste ground: there was some landscaping in progress, fields were being prepared and down one side was a wide variety of young trees and shrubs ready for planting.

Hope no one minds we dropping a Biblical reference. It felt appropriate - YYC

9. Likes Ruach liked this post

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

(Heightened Senses)Vitae 0 Spent
    +1
    SL
    PRE

The manifestation of Vitae Karl spoke sound downright unpleasant. Clara had a passing knowledge of what Haunts can do--she didn't want to see anymore than she absolutely had to. She nodded briskly at his expressly worded signal and said, "Thanks. It's, uh, very considerate of you." Karl was a tad unsettling on the surface but seemed an amicable efficient ally.

Mable was observing and silent. Clara could never really figure the cheerful girl out.

She met the Doctor's serious expression with a casual nod. "I'll follow your lead. What would you have us be, eager converts?" It was a suggestion she brought up with a thoughtful expression. She was thinking about how that could work, but it did feel like a flimsy story. As Rebecca expressed the need to see what they were working with they came open the shadowed farm. Clara let her senses open up to the night and took in the entirety of the field.

She slowly surveyed the farmland and took in the field methodically. For the moment the group around her was outside of her view and she was completely engrossed in the land the devout toiled over.

The biblical reference was a nice touch! Makes me eager to see what's going on here!

Percep 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-01 12:34:32 Clara E. Verne rolls 6 to Perception (Wits + Composure) (10 Again) 10, 8, 6, 2, 9, 1, 1 3 successes

11. Likes Ruach liked this post
    K
    Krieg

"I like that plan," he nodded to Rebecca. A little smile was given to Mable. Krieg walked opposite of Clara, with two sets of eyes, they could cover more ground.

3 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-01 16:27:12 Krieg rolls 5 to Perception (10 Again) 3, 9, 8, 5, 10, 3 3 successes

Any potential hazards that we can identify?

Warden of the Sacred Grove
    Presence
    (girl next door)
    Striking Looks
    (Wholesome)
    Mable Wood

+1
    SL
    PRE

Mable smiled sweetly, "I will be more than happy to assist with the ..umm.. physical arts. I certainly don't have the skill set you folks have." She looked at her hands, "I have won a few fist fights."

She followed the others so she wouldn't be in the way.

14. Bump Ruach "Bump" this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

It seemed they were all on the same page, so that worked. "Eager converts could work, though I imagine your family's abilities, if you're able, would probably be more beneficial to start." Rebecca understood that sometimes you needed finesse over brute mental force. "It looks like the trailer might be the place to start. But before that," she said, shifting from Clara to Krieg, "Karl, are you able to walk unseen? Get a closer look?" One could not assume what another Kindred was capable of after all. It was always better to ask.

Then she focused her sight and hearing out towards the trailer and the barn.

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-10-02 09:03:54 Rebecca Simmons rolls 5 to Perception (Wit+Comp) (10 Again) 4, 6, 10, 7, 9, 2 2 successes

Bible reference makes sense. Am I to understand that their is signs of landscaping going on, but no one actively doing landscaping?

Page 2 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last
Closed Thread