Ended
Watch
1 - 10
DISPLAYED
(1810) A Private Discussion

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Stepping aside to a quiet corner with Alessandra with curiosity writ on her youthful face, Lina asked, "What can I do for you, Your Majesty?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
     -2 Vitae for Blush of Life and Drink, 
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

The Savage follows Lina’s lead and steps off to the side. She knew it wouldn’t be as private as her office, but she wasn’t concerned if anyone overheard. If it went the way she thought it would, it would be public knowledge soon enough.

“How has the issues with the Hunters been going?” she asks, studying the Daeva’s features. “I did want to let you know I was eager to get out from behind the desk and get my Claws dirty again.” A smirk, “So should you find something challenging, please give me a call.” Yeah, she was tired of sitting behind the desk and not being on the front line. She was a fighter, but was learning to put her trust in those around her to handle threats without her.

“But my real reason for needing to speak with you,” she begins, “is a bit bigger. I’m sure you’re aware we’re currently without a Sheriff.” She didn’t use the Invictus term, knowing Lina wasn’t Invictus. “Has anyone stood out to you?” was she asking Lina her opinion, or testing her? Ale would never say, but she was curious. Either way, there was a knowing, sly smile.
    Alessandra Antinori │BP 6│Strong Italian Accent

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina cracked a smile, trying not to be too concerned about the Prince's willingness to get out there and kill. That she could lead from the front was impressive, to be sure. "Productive. We've got teams looking into the Tribulation Militia, Bruce Harcourt's group and looking into the safecracker, Corbin Lindasfarne of the Bushwhackers. Once we've got all the intelligence we can start pushing on the fault lines in their setup and get them fighting each other - and, if we play our cards right, the Gang Task Force could be led toward cleaning things up for us." Minimizing Kindred exposure, minimizing Kindred losses. This was how you defeated Hunters without a mess for the Masquerade.

Ah. It wasn't that Lina had been expecting this question, but it did not surprise her that it had been asked.

"I'll leave evaluating my own performance to Your Majesty. Obviously, Elder Twist is exceptional, but she's your Archon. Aaron van Valen and Clara Verne have been performing well in the field. Blackbird, too. The Domain is somewhat low on combatants, to my knowledge, but it does have some solid investigators and string-pullers who are getting the job done well. It depends on the kind of team you want working for you."

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)
    First thing you will notice about Ale is the abundance of her tattoos. They go from her face all the way to her feet, and not much is left bare. The second thing? Her strong Italian accent.

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

It was clear she was listening, nodding here and there.

“Sounds like you’ve got things handled. I’m impressed.” It was true enough. “But please keep me up to date when things being to progress.” She liked to know what was going on in the Domain. Where things stood.

Clara? As Reeve? Not a name she expected to hear.

“We might be low on combatants, but I learned with my time as Reeve that it isn’t always about who can fight the best. Some of my toughest problems to handle required using my head and not my fists. So I believe a good Reeve, or Sheriff, needs to have a good head on their shoulders. Be able to think outside the box and not always resort to violence.” She enjoyed that challenge personally. “Not that I don’t enjoy a good fight.” A wink.

“Anyways, I’m surprised by how humble you are about your own skills.” Which could be viewed a few different ways.

“The names you said surprise me, I won’t lie. But I haven’t worked with them yet, so I can’t really judge how well they’d fit the role. But you on the other hand, I think you’d be a perfect fit.” She said it casually. “Is that something you’d be willing to take on? I know your plate is full.”

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina nodded to her request to be updated - of course she'd report in - and when the Prince winked, she winked right on back. "You asked me who has stood out to me, not about myself, ma'am. I'm an investigator by trade and a fighter by my Sire's will. I'll do what needs to get done." She grinned. "Yes, I'll be your Sheriff. I'll consult with my Elders and see about beginning to test the options in my Clan. Perhaps another will prove themselves worthy to me and to the Elders to step into my Family's seat in due course."

Clara. Blackbird. Perhaps even Davis, in due course, could show himself worthy. She didn't have to hand the seat over to anybody, but if someone proved to be a good candidate...

She offered the Prince a hand for a shake.

"What are the privileges and responsibilities that you assign to your Sheriff, above and beyond the obvious responsibilities that one might expect?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

Oh, so she had to be more specific with Lina. Noted.

“Touché.” Which sounded weird with her accent. But she didn’t care. “I’ll remember to be more specific next time.” Most Kindred who knew of the opening would talk themselves up. Least in her experience.

Then the words she was expecting to hear. Lina would take the position. Not many would turn down a Domain position. Except the ones who were clearly ignorant. But that was a separate problem and one already dealt with.

Sounded like she was willing to walk away from being Priscus. Which was good, it would allow her more time to focus on Domain and not her Family.

A hand shake? That was new. But she accepts it.

Now the important questions.

“Aside from being able to be armed in Court, you also have Feeding Rights to the Rack. If someone is working for the Domain, I believe in repaying when I can.” Rack access was no joke. “You can also appoint Deputies as you see fit, I trust your judgement in that sense. But do realize, I hold you responsible for them, they screw up, it’s me you will both be answering to.” Not that she expected any problems, but best to get that out there. “Final Death is still a punishment handed down by me and decided by me. Should you feel someone has screwed up to that point, call me. I don’t intend to overstep you, but it’s one of those things that I need to be in on. I don’t enjoy it and I want to make sure the crime fits such a punishment. I hope you understand that.” Sometimes there were other options, turning another to Ash should always be the last one.

“Are there any other privileges or responsibilities you had questions about?”

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti looked unsurprised by the duties and pleased with the access to the Communal Rack. That would see her well fed indeed. Not having to go hungry was a luxury few could claim. "That makes sense, and the gift of the Rack is particularly appreciated, ma'am," she said, grateful. "I'll see to it that your requirements are followed and that I make good use of what you have offered."

Glancing at the Kindred of the Court, she asked, "Are my Deputies authorized to bear arms in Court as well, ma'am?"

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She knew how important it was as Reeve to be well feed. You never knew when a situation would turn violent, and it was best to have all the Vitae you could to use.

Nodding, “They are. And I just ask you make me aware of who you decide to make a Deputy. I’d hate to have an issue with someone having weapons if they’re allowed to.” A light chuckle. Then again, she could let anyone she wanted to have weapons in Court.

“It’s good to know the Domain’s security will be in capable hands once again. Should you need anything, you know where I am and how to get a hold of me. And there is an office you are more than welcome to use.” Everyone needed their own space.

L
    Lina Moretti

Moretti nodded. It all made sense to her; of course the Prince would need to be told who her law enforcement personnel were. "I'll be sure to let you know, Your Majesty... and thank you for the office. The walls will soon be covered in whiteboards. One final inquiry: I am permitted to carry arms. Am I permitted to utilize Disciplines as needed to defend Elysium?"

An amused half smile crossed her face. She knew her peculiarity with respect to organization entertained as much as it functioned.

"Shall I arm up, ma'am?"

Down to business, Moretti was. Knives and dresses went so well together.

Presence
    (Commanding)
    Striking Looks
    (Tattooed Beauty)
    Blood Potency(+1)
    Status
    (Criminals)
    Retainer
    (Gabriel)

Known as Sofia De Luca

Gabriel, Ghoul
    Cain, Hell Hound
    Alessandra Scenes
      ExitScene

+1
    SL
    PRE

She’d actually almost forgot about the Daeva’s love of whiteboards.

Chuckling, “I’m going to have to stop by one evening and see them all setup.” Plus it was educational to see how others worked.

“If you’d like. I can also make a formal announcement when I unveil some special art work this evening. A more formal one will of course be posted, but it might be good to let people know this evening. That is, if you want them to know this evening.” Didn’t matter to her.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread