Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Only to what is needful," Floki replied, grinning as she unbuckled, pulled her legs under her, and then crawled the scant feet over the back seat so that there was almost no space between herself and the enticing Kindred she'd found out in the desert.

"But I'm curious, little Viper. What do you need?"
    the voyager murmured, staring intently into Clara's eyes, her alcohol tinged breath wafting over her skin.

"Will you show me? Or is it to be more bad poetry?"
    Floki. Mekhet. Carthian Movement. Striking Looks 2 (Rakish). Presence 1 (Removed).

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

H: 5'8"
    Misc: speaks with a light French accent

+1
    SL
    PRE

Locking eyes was a special sort of intimate.

Clara's doe eyes fluttered as she searched Floki's features. The Bacchante's expression was an indiscernible sort of amused. First Floki asked wants. Now she needs to know Clara's needs. She gave the question a playfully disinterested thinking look and squirmed a stretch while remaining in place.

Silence stretched for a few poignant minutes until the taxi came to a slow stop in front of a motel on the outskirts of Sacramento, just off the highway. Clara pulled a handful of hundred dollar bills out of her jeans and held them in the small space between her and Floki. "What I need is to be getting home. As to showing you home? No." Clara continued all the while caressing the crisp paper humans lived and died for with cold fingers. "For your trouble. I wouldn't leave my savior out in the middle of the street without suitable reward. Or without the means to shelter or an easy ride. Call me considerate." She kept her hands to herself but let her eyes bore into Floki's.

"Wish me a good night before you're off." Clara said with an inflection that almost made it a question. An inflection that almost made the sentence sweet.

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

Floki's hand stretched out, her fingers closing upon Clara's hand rather than the cash held inside it.

"Don't panic, Little Viper," Floki told her, leaning yet closer. "I'm not a foe, but I do think that you're lying to yourself. You tempt others, and yet you hold yourself back. Why is this? Why would you seek to look at my teeth, and yet give up at the last moment? Why would you have me share a ride with you if it was simply so that you could give me money?"

The last word was said almost like a curse, as though Floki found disdain for such a necessary thing.

"I think that you and I need to share a meal before you return to your little den, and I scamper away to mine. What do you say? Shall we eat tonight, or feast under a different moon?"
    Floki. Mekhet. Carthian Movement. Striking Looks 2 (Rakish). Presence 1 (Removed).

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Clara glanced at Floki's hand enclosed over her own. Doe eyes fluttered back at Floki.

"Because I can. Because I have eyes for seeing. And because I don't stay indebted." She looked at the silhouette of the driver that Floki had been eyed earlier. "Allowing poaching would be a thing only a bad girl would do, Floki. You don't think me a bad girl, now do you?" The same doe eyes were back on Floki now, unblinking. "Course you're new, so you might not know. How things work and all." The partition suddenly opened up and the driver cleared his throat to speak. Reggae music filled the backseat with the separation now lifted.

Clara fished out a handful of fresh bills and shoved them in front of the driver's face without looking at the meter. "Keep the partition closed. We're having a private conversation." The driver took the bills with a grunt and started counting. After a few seconds he closed the partition, his head still down and counting. The reggae beats cut off abruptly and the shadow of the man through the darkened partitioned stayed hunched and focused on his fare. Plus the tip to mind his business.

"If you want to eat with me, you'll stay in Sacramento for at least a month. Do that and I might entertain a meal with you. Deal?"

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

Floki released Clara's hand, though her eyes narrowed slightly as she met the Viper's seemingly doe-eyed gaze.

"You wound me, Clara. If I was wishing to poach, then I would not have found you so far out into the desert. I am no fool, I do not challenge the powers that be without cause. Am I not your guest? Is this not your hospitality that I am being so graciously given?"

The voyager scooted back, giving the other Kindred her space once more.

"I will hold you to that. One month, and then we shall dine together. And do take care to spread word of my restraint. It is difficult to eat out in the desert."

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

Stillness. Clara's head was tilted slightly with a thin sharp smile etched into her striking features. Her lips opened partway, almost ready to say something. Then they closed and form a playful pout.

"Did I? I'm sorry. Forgive me? 'Course you do." She side-stepped Floki's questions around hospitality and instead pressed the foreigner towards reconciliation.

She leaned forward and brought her lips a hair's breadth from Floki's ear. "Your restraint will be the stuff of legends, Floki." One arm draped over Floki's shoulder as Clara pulled herself back just enough to have her face almost press up against Floki's. She let her body heat up with Blush and had her Vitae run a little too hot. Not the typical warmth of kine, but the temperature just a few degrees shy of a fever. She writhed in place as her limbs pulsated with life and took her sweet time getting comfortable. Clara took a few measured breaths just in front of Floki and never broke eye contact.

"Nurture that thirst you have. Hold it dear. And save it for dinner." Clara's hand that had been draped over Floki's shoulder pulled on the door's handle. After a click, the door squeaked ajar. "Now I really do have to be getting home. I do hope you'll stay. In Sacramento, that is. The cab is mine for the next few hours," she said as her arm snaked back to her side. She knocked on the partition, requested and soon got a pen, and then wrote her cell number on a $ 100 bill.

Clara then tossed the pen through the open partition. The driver shut the divider back close without so much as a peep. Clara tucked the bill into a pocket on Floki's jacket and pet the pocket lightly. She let her fingers linger but returned them after a moment. Her expression was full of anticipation with eyes that reflected the outline of the streetlight and Floki's form.
    Good to wrap?

Flirt 3 suxx
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-09-23 19:13:55 Clara E. Verne rolls 7 to casual flirt ( Pre + SL + Pers + Pers Spec (Seduction) ) (10 Again) 2, 1, 9, 6, 10, 8, 3, 7 3 successes

Viking Bowie
    Striking Looks
    (Rakish)
    Presence
    (Removed)
    Floki

+1
    SL
    PRE

The sudden rush of warmth from Clara's skin felt like an echo of the sun's warmth, enticing, yet terrifying all at once. Even though her flesh was dead, the memory of passion lived within her, the temptation of indulgence and sensuality as only one of the blessed dead could enjoy beckoned, and yet, and yet...Floki knew it was not an invitation. It was not precisely a warning, either, but it was a display of potential and of prowess.

"Then I suppose I have nothing left to do but wish you a good evening," Floki replied, her hand raising to pat the pocket which held the 100 dollar bill, and more importantly, the runes scrawled across it. Runes that would let her reach out and speak with Clara no matter how far about they might be...

Yet, this was an age of power through excess, and Clara was like a burning avatar, a symbol of wealth and decadence, and danger lurking just beneath.

"I'll see you soon, little Viper," Floki said as she climbed out of the car, her flat teeth bared in a grin before she shut the door and began to walk to the motel. Not to stay of course. She would have to hail a cab, and return to her haven out in the desert. At least, for now...

Striking Looks
    (Enticing Vixen)
    Presence
    (Vivacious)
    Clara E. Verne

+1
    SL
    PRE

The cab door shut. Clara was alone. Floki's scent lingered.

She knocked on the partition and gave the driver directions to the suburbs that had her current haven. She shut the partition back as the car shifted gears. The hefty tip Clara had provided earlier was enough for three or four rides. The driver wasn't going to bother her for the remainder of the night.

It left her a chance to be alone with her thoughts. Her fingertips came up to her cheeks and traced lazy lines into the soft flesh. The Vitae ran hot under her skin. She loved the inconsistencies of Blush. Too hot in the hands, too cold in the toes. It was like a reminder of life. It made her hunger sharper. And it was never quite the same.

She shut her eyes and remembered the moment she pushed her bike passed 100 miles per hour. The wind had howled around her. The road appeared and disappeared behind her. And she went faster. The crash caused fresh scrapes and aches she hadn't felt before. At the moment it was annoying, but in the recollection of it brought on a shiver-inducing thrill.

The unbidden memory of the foreigner interrupted her thoughts. Clara shut her eyes, leaned into her seat, and took in the lingering scents.

And close. Thanks for the scene Cayce ! Sorry it took me a minute to close, I was fighting off the meh's.

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread