Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Mantle - Chilling breeze, summoning tiny leaves
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Blink had asked to meet. Rhodes admitted he was surprised, if pleasantly so. He wasn't fully sure what all this was about. His suspicion was the Mixer, and her thoughts about Oneiromancy. Or perhaps it was to do with the combined Hollow. Or Penance.

I suppose we have discussed a fair amount. Still. No harm in enjoying an attractive companion's company. And the support of a strong arm is always useful.

And so he was here, waiting, in a motel room. It made a nice change from his apartment, it was private, and it was discrete. He didn't want the clientele of the Lucky Eight to think he was repeatedly taking attractive young women into their private rooms, even if his popularity was soaring at the tables following his Pact with Lucifer.

He sat on the bed, reading, waiting. Blink should be here any minute.

Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

B
    Blink

Blink had a lot running through her mind, way too much. Rhodes, from what she had seen, seemed smart. It was mostly his use of words, the big ones, that lead Blink to that impression. That is what Blink needed, she had an inkling of an idea, but didn't quite know how to put it into words. All these shared interests in the Freehold, could lead to something amazing, something epic; she was sure of it!

*knock knock*

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mein: Rhodes has pale whitish skin, elfin ears and deep, overly large emerald eyes. Thin black veins broach the surface of his skin like the roots of a tree emerging from the ground. Dark, broad leaves sprout from his wrists, ankles and temples, spreading around the back of his head. Deep red flowers bloom at the temples and wrists.
    Mantle

Mantle: A breath of icy wind, the kind that penetrates and sends a chill down the spine. Ash leaves in red, yellow and gold spin into existance around him, caught on the breeze. As the wind blows, unnerving whispers can be heard, always coming from a direction just out of one's field of vision.
    Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

Rhodes looks up from the book. He's only expecting one person, but he didn't survive this long by being careless. He heads over to the window and peeks out. Good. It's her.

He opens the door. "Blink, my dear. Do come in." He gestures his arm welcoming her inside. "Please forgive the accommodation. But it is private and neutral. So! What can I do for you? Can I offer you a drink?" He heads over to the small kitchenette and pours himself a glass of scotch, turning to smile at the attractive summer. His icy Mantle chills the room with a noticeable breeze.
    Flowering Fairest, Mantle: An ever-changing, spine-chilling icy wind, creating spinning autumn leaves and haunting whispers.

B
    Blink

"Thanks." Blink offered as she heading in and past him. She pulled out the rolling chair away from the tiny desk and plopped down in it, giving it one good spin. "No thanks. Places like these charge you and arm and a leg for even a simple bottle of water."

Ya, so to the point." Blink said, with the chair coming to the stop. "After that last lil meet up, it seemed like a lot of folks here had various shared interests."

Blink's lips tugged to the side as she thought. "Didn't seem like many wanted to go and pledge there way into a Motley and rightly so...But..."

Blink paused for a moment looking at Rhodes. "What if these special interest groups form up? For like Dreams or Hedge-stuffs? What if there was no binding agreement, other than having the same interests?' Blink said with a shrug. "...And like being in one group didn't limit you to being in another?"

"Not sure what you would call it?"

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"Yes, it's why I bring my own," Rhodes says with a twinkle in his eye.

"What, like... a membership? A guild?" Rhodes is thoughtful. "Honestly? I'd still call it a Motley. Motleys often form out of shared interest, and the pledges protect us as beings who are naturally slow to trust. They add a layer of reassurance when words can mean so little to us. But if they are phrased right, there's no reason they should stop people working cross-groups."

He walks slowly around and sits at the table, watching Blink closely. The Fairest sips his drink. "You want to form... what? Motleys without pledges? Groups that work together without binding in common cause... like, I don't know... Like mortals do?" He sounds both curious and a little skeptical.

B
    Blink

"Nah that doesn't add up." Blink said leaning back in what made for a hotel office chair. "That was the biggest turn off on the Motley thing. The Pledge..."

"So like...Pledges should be used when there isn't full trust? But...people won't Pledge without full trust? At least for this noise..."
    Blink gave a shrug

.Blink paused for a moment, before resuming.

"Guild...Guild...I like that."

"Ya, sure for a common cause, like mortals do when they explore each other's dreams or go off to explore the local hedge."

"Why be bound by words to share an interest? Or multiple interest? Especially if going that way... if binding by words...makes it so no one does anything in the first place?"

"People try it, don't like it, and they can step away free and clear."

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

"I don't know what kind of experiences you have had, Blink, but it sounds like you emerged from the Hedge far more trusting than most of us," Rhodes says gently. He reclines back in the chair. "Most of us need a little time before jumping into that manner of commitment or risk being an oathbraker for a Pledge made in haste, not one borne of necessity. Take you and I, for example. Before the Mixer, we had only a single exchange a several weeks before. Would you have pledged allegiance to me then, knowing only my name and Court?"

He smiles, and sips his scotch. "So, you want to get people to work together in common interest. You want people to be proactive, not reactive, and that," he snaps his fingers, "that is something I can really get behind."

The Fairest looks at the chirpy blonde, and smiles. "I mean, you're Summer. Standing passively by isn't in your Court's mindset, and it's not in my Autumn's either. If you want to encourage like minds working together, the best way is by example. If Peter, you and I can demonstrate our experiences and advantages working together, others will see it too." He takes another drink. "I had thought of opening the Oneiromantic practice up to more people, any one interested in learning, or willing to share an aptitude for it. It's something we can all do. Others, especially ones not at the Mixer, may be interested. What do you think?"

B
    Blink

Blink didn't really understand the first part of what he said. It was left field and it annoyed her a bit.

Is he arguing with himself? She wondered for a moment, because he was just all pro-pledge a moment ago. Then he acts like I was pro-ledge?

Blink let out a sigh, but continued to listen on.

"So..."

"Like..."

"Think it would be a good idea to post up about a Oneiromancy Guild-thingy?"

"See who all signs up? And then do the thing from there?"
    Blink intentional dodged the first question he asked, she found it rather pointless.

Presence
    (Charming)
    Distinctive Voice
    ((Gravitas))
    Rigid Mask
    Rhodes
    Mein

Mantle

Rhodes Scenes

+1
    DV
    PRE

Flowering

The confusion and frustration is all over Blink's face.

"It doesn't make sense, does it?"
    Rhodes grins. "Some need trust before joining a Motley they would make a pledge to, but sometimes we make Pledges to secure trust. How do we get one without the other?" He looks at Blink directly. "Forgive me. I'm being a devil's advocate for my own ideas. Pledges fascinate me; how we use them, how they shape us and our way of acting. Each of us reacts differently with different boundaries... We make different demand on the patience of our fellows."

He drains his glass. "So plainly; Yes, that is what I think we should do. Advertise to all. See who comes along. The more who can watch the dreams, the better chance of someone spotting something worthwhile. Do you agree?"

B
    Blink

"Sounds good." Blink said with a nod of her head. She stared up at the ceiling. "We still needs to find a Hollow to do the thing." She glanced back down to Rhodes and gave a shrug. "Guess there is no rush on that. Sooner or later we will get going on the Funderland's."

"Still it may be good to see who all may be interested. You know? Beyond me, you, and Peter."

"Thank you. I think that Guild thing you said would be good way to call it."

"Oneiromancy Guild." Blink said, as much to herself as to Rhodes. It had a bit of a ring to it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread