(Fashionable / Piercing Blue Eyes)
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley kept her eyes out, while Rebecca delved for information and did her thing. She listened on intently, and when Rebecca called her focus back, she glanced back to her. "Very nicely done."

Ashley's finger drifted to her lip, as she regarded the man. "Hmm..."

After a moment, her eyes moved back to Rebecca. "Now, if you knew the address, you could always pay that local a visit." Ashley said with a soft nod of her head. "I am quite sure that would provide a bit more information in your endeavors."

Ashley gave a smile to Rebecca. "In truth, even being a scientist in heart, you do not need a experiment, as much as a business model."

With a wave of her hand, she motioned to the run-down bar. "It is far too easy to see why the artiodactyl seek escape."

1 success
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-29 16:32:09 Ashley Cohen rolls 4 to Perception (10 Again) 1, 8, 1, 5 1 success
    "Don't be pretentious, I am the truth."

Social Combat
    WP ••••• | Dominance Modifier ••••• | Guile •• | Nerve [ ][ ][ ][ ][ ]

2. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    R
    Rebecca Simmons

Rebecca offered Ashley a smile as Ashley complimented her. What an interesting meeting they were having so far. As the fellow Lord made her suggestion Rebecca put a hand to her chin. "That is a very good point. Thank you for the suggestion."

Rebecca focused back on the drug addict, her face still showing enjoyment and fun as she stared into his eyes and willed her blood into her voice again. "Thank you so much. But now, would you kindly tell me where Carl sells, along with any other locations you've purchased from. Once you have finished telling me, leave this bar, go back to wherever you sleep, and forget this conversation ever happened." She knew he wouldn't truly forget. She hadn't the power or the time to forcefully remove the memory, but she hoped the instruction would cause him to think of other things, allowing him to forget a random conversation just as any normal person would.

Again the man tried to resist and again his eyes glazed over and he complied. "Carl usually sells under the bridge <here>, but I've bought from a couple different people as well. They usually hang out <here>, <there> and <also here>." As soon as the last words were spoken he turned in place and immediately headed out of the bar, leaving them in peace again.

Rebecca watched as he left before pulling out her notebook and notating everything the man had told her. Once finished she closed the notebook, put it back, then turned to Ashley. "That was quite fun. But I'm curious. You mention my business model. What would you suggest?" She was not so prideful as to ignore the advice of others. Taking the advice was another matter entirely.

2 successes to Mesmerize
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-31 09:54:58 Rebecca Simmons rolls 6 to Mesmerize (Int 3 + Exp 1 + Dom 2) (10 Again) 7, 8, 7, 1, 7, 10, 6 2 successes
      1 success to Resist
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-31 09:55:28 Bar Drug Dude rolls 3 to Resist (res+comp) (10 Again) 2, 7, 9 1 success

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley smiled as she watched on. Rebecca's question prompted the her to pull out her smart phone. With a press of the power-button, her thumb traced out the screen-lock pin. From her home screen, she clicked the browser and typed 'Pharmaceutical Company Sacramento'. Once the results were loaded, she slid the phone across the table.

"No real point reinventing the wheel, or the car, when you can just hop in one and take the wheel." Ashley nodded her head softly. "Looking into those companies' sites will often give you some of the key people for those companies. It is a bit of research, to find out who is in power in the company and what would work best for your ultimate end game, but the money in that sector far exceeds what you would be looking at for street level. It is also reduced risk on your end, as ultimately the person in power is the buffer to risk."

Ashley gave a shrug of her shoulders. "Brownie points too, for figuring out the setup of your local FDA."

"A few years back there was stir because Martin Shkreli obtained patents and hiked the prices of various drugs. Needless to say, he is in jail as of this year, though I do believe the companies he was behind maintained their price-hike." Ashley tilted her head softly. "You need a Martin."

Social Combat

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"It's funny that you mention Pharmaceuticals. That's actually my other job and where I first started after getting my degree. I want to lie and say that I only do the less reputable work for the extra money but as you so clearly point out that certainly can't be the case. The simple answer is I enjoy the risk. I enjoy making drugs that make people feel better, which is why I got in this line of work in the first place, but there's something just so...exhilarating about the other kind of medicine. But you're absolutely right," she said, pretending to take a sip of her drink. "I really should find a 'Martin'. Doesn't hurt to do both after all." Rebecca was not willing to give up her criminal life. Maybe that made her foolish or stubborn, but she wanted it all. She wanted...more.

As she put her glass down she looked Ashley in the eye. "But enough about me. Tell me. When we first meet you said you had business overseas. What kind of work are you into?" The Carthian wasn't going to be the only one to learn a few things.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

Ashley gave a soft nod of her head. "It was most dealing with logistics."

"Mostly via cargo vessels." Ashley figured there was going to be an obvious question, so she got ahead of it. "The what, was not as important as the ability to move it."

Ashley's hand clasped together. "While the Sacramento river does have the capacity to move cargo ships, the volume is reduced due to the depths."

Ashley gave a soft shrug of her shoulders. "It still may be worth while, though."

Social Combat

R
    Rebecca Simmons

"Hmm. Cargo vessels you say?" Most of Rebecca's supplies could be gained through contacts and her work with pharmaceuticals. But some things were a little more difficult to acquire legally. Some drugs just couldn't be synthesized in a lab. "If you're flexible on your cargo I may be interested in hiring you for work, if you're interested of course."

The invitation was extended, but with Rebecca's research completed, with the help of her fellow Lord, it seemed as if there wasn't much for her to do at the bar. She slide out of her seat, bringing her bag and notebook with her. "I think I should probably take my leave for the evening. I'm very happy I ran into you though Ashley. Please, don't hesitate to give me a call if you need anything, or are interested in doing business together."

I think I'm good to wrap when you are Whisper . Short scene but fun.

Ashley Cohen
    Presence
    (Resolute)
    Striking Looks
    Blood Potency
    Ashley Cohen

Blush Active in Scenes
    Scenes

+2
    SL
    PRE

"That should be of no issue. I will secure additional methods soon enough, as well." Ashley nodded softly.

"I will not hesitate, nor should you. If you need anything I am available." Ashley slid out from the booth as well, rising before the Whip to pay the respect demanded from her position. Ashley gave a soft bow, and let her exit first; she wouldn't be far behind.

Sounds good! Thank you!

Social Combat

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 15

You do not have permission to view the list of names.