Edge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletinEdge of Darkness - Powered by vBulletin
Ended
Watch
(PrP) Getting Dirty

V
    Vivian York

The Ridge Motel, it was a very unpleasant place for most humans, let alone Kindred. From what the Daeva had read in the records, some very strange things had taken place there. Both Anton Flores and Sidor Grigorov were members of the Second Estate. Not that this was a deterrent, but it was odd that they chose this place. Vivian knew little about the Covenant, but, they favored sinners it seemed. This place had some of the worst in Sacramento.

Vivian had messaged Cynthia Weiss to get word to the rest of her clan to meet her at a particular time at the Ridge. The Daeva pulled up in her Nova and looked around before getting out of the vehicle. She wasn’t about to waste Vitae if it wasn’t necessary; if there were drug addicts, would they even know? It was something she toyed with a lot, yet, rarely dealt with these walks of life in person. Very few people knew what she was capable of, and what she did back in Toronto or England. She'd keep her past that way as long as she wanted.

She was definitely packing her gun, including the suppressor, in a very convenient place. She wore jeans, a blouse with a blazer for some easier access to the weapon if necessary. The leather shooting gloves were very broke in, and probably still smelled like gunpowder since they were stored in the gun case. If this had been a few years ago, Vivian would be walking into this establishment with the intent to fire. Yet, today she wasn’t as trigger happy as she was back in Toronto and hoped she wouldn’t need to access it at all.

Having not been out there prior to the conversation with Cynthia, Vivian still did not open the door to the motel office. She had the keys at the ready though. Since they were on the outskirts of town, she decided she may as well light up an actual cigarette just because she could. She hated the ordinances in California, and really could not wait until her establishment was completed.

Permission was granted by Yumyumcrow to allow the Ridge to be explored and do a PrP as well. Thanks man and I hope the Haunts have fun! Note, if any other Haunts join the game as this thread is in play, please ask me, but as far as I know, it will probably not be a problem to join later.

K
    Krieg

A literal light in the darkness signaled where he should move toward. The nagging fear of fire tingled in his mind. As his eyes adjusted, the fear transitioned from fire to becoming a creature of prey. Vivian looked delicate. Yet, she was strong and that scared him.

"Quite the unusual spot," his voice heralded his arrival to York. "What brings us way out here?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia had remained unseen the whole time she followed after Krieg. She was curious about this hotel Vivian had told her about. Black t-shirt, leather skirt and a collection of silver and chrome jewellery for tonight. It was still summer so she had to look the part for those moments when she was under scrutiny. The goth seemed to step out from the shadows behind Krieg with a smile. Suddenly the air was assaulted by her curse. Ammonia mixing with the burning scent of tobacco.

Smoky black eyes turned to the Priscus. "Good to see you again Vivian. How are you tonight?" She paused and looked the building up and down. It did not look that great, but this far out into the Barrens she was not expecting much. "Just looking at a few forgotten things." She said to the giant with a smile.

V
    Vivian York

The smells out in this part of town weren't the most pleasant. The motel would also be extremely stale, but she'd smelled far worse. The tall bald man appeared as she'd been looking along the length of the motel's property. She wasn't spooked by his arrival, nor Cynthias despite neither of them having a Beast to sense. Perhaps her senses were a bit more aware since they were in a quieter part of the city, and everything sparked curiosity. The typical 'city' noises were a little distant, yet, passing vehicles a few blocks off could be heard on occasion.

"Good evening Mr. Kreig, glad of you to join us both. Miss Weiss and I were discussing at the past gathering how this place has some history." Shrugging her shoulders in much amusement, she seemed quite enthused about this whole evening.

"I haven't been inside yet. I wanted to share that experience with you both. I can discuss further matters as to why we're here once we're inside."

Jingling the keys, her face was upbeat and she had a bounce in her step as she motioned her arms toward the motel's office door. "Shall we?"

As Vivian walked toward the door, the scent of Cynthia wafted over her nose. Thankfully the Daeva was turned away so that when her nose crinkled and eyes watered for a moment, it wasn't noticed. Upon arriving beneath the awning of the motel office, it was clearly noticeable that no one had been inside for quite some time. There was dust on the other side of the window pane for the door. "If either of you want to be the first to turn the key and enter, by all means." She held the keys out for either of them to take.

If either of you want to roll anything at any point, feel free to do so. You can always PM me and ask if it'd be okay too.

K
    Krieg

Being the 'lowest rank' in the Domain beneath - the Seneschal and his Priscus - the giant shrugged, "I'll do it." He pushed himself flush to the door. "Hopefully, the worst is just a dust cloud." He gave both women ample time to move aside from whatever could potentially spill out. Then he turned the key.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia stepped to the side as Krieg took the lead. She did not mind opening the door herself but if he wanted to go first, so be it. "I wouldn't be surprised. Not sure if anyone has been in here for a while now." She replied to the giant.

She looked over to Vivian. "Anything else you found out about this place?"

V
    Vivian York

The moonlight peered through the windows which were hazy with grime from the outside world. It wouldn’t take much to clean them up, inside and out. Upon entering the office or lobby area for all intense and purposes, there was a thick layer of dust on the counter. The chairs, small tables or any other items had been covered with sheets. There were a few areas that were not as dusty, as if something was sitting there and then moved somewhere between abandonment and to the current time. When the lights were flicked on, the tall funeral lamps lit up beneath sheets, they would need to be moved almost immediately. In the center of the room on the ceiling, a dimly lit lamp gave a soft antique glow to the lobby. It too needed cleaning, and a *pop* sound, meant it also needed bulbs. What used to have possibly six bulbs was now down to only one, and that one was flickering a little.

There were shelves of books off to one side, it was covered with plastic draped over it, and held down by several small bricks on the top. There was a sign that could be seen behind it that said Please return before leaving the motel. Thank you. The carpet had a layer of dust as well, but not as bad, most likely buried into the carpet fibers. It also appeared to be the original carpet and never replaced. Everything in there looked antiquated, but well kept despite the reputation of the hotel and the sign outside that said nightly/hourly rates.

“My stars, this place much have an inch of dust or more on it.” Fanning the bits that wafted into her face as they all walked in. Vivian shut the door behind them as she was the last one inside.

“Well, it seems that Sidor and Anton both had some stakes in this place. Both of them the former Nosferatu Priscus. Also, I believe both of them were the former Lancea Sanctum heads of their Covenant. Bishop if I am correct.” The Daeva didn’t touch anything yet, she wanted the two Haunts to decide what to do with everything in there, and uncover anything if they wished.

“I can tell that this place served them well. It seems that those banished to the barrens would utilize it, and lower walks of life frequented this place. But it seemed to make for easy hunting for them.”

Campanella
    Campanella

Campanella
    Ingrid

PRE

QUICK SUMMARY AS POSTS WERE LOST DURING ROLLBACK CAUSED BY TECHNICAL GLITCH

Vivian, Krieg, and Cynthia explore the abandoned Ridge Motel site. Vivian relates some of the history of the Ridge Motel and its apparent connection to the Nosferatu Clan.
    Selena given the mess around with posts, I'd recommend re-starting the plot. So I'll close off this thread.

You can always restart the plot with a fresh thread

Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.