DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    Striking Looks 2 "Ethereal"
    Retainer
    (Angus (ensorcelled mortal))
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The club was minimalist.

Brick walls; solid, unadorned, floor; rather ugly aesthetic. The only expenses had been laid out on the stage and the sound system. This was a club for those interested in the music, not simply being seen. There was alcohol but the vibe and the peer pressure kept down the drinking; this was not a place to fight. The bar's developing clientele knew this.

By the top of the hour, Ingrid was in place. She'd found a corner where the chances of them being disturbed were slim - sure, it did not offer the best position for appreciating good music but that was not the intention, really. Ingrid wanted them to hide in plain sight, and so they would. Not only that, but the shadowed recess comforted her Darkling tendencies and the brick walls offered an extra layer of desperately wanted cold.

Ingrid was dressed in a wrap skirt and a black T (new, a bands tour logo across her chest in crisp, untracked, lettering). Closed shoes on her feet. A shapeless handbag at her side. She was toying with her smart phone - not really looking at it - in an effort to blend in with the settling crowd.

Her Mask was down, as always, and her Main was visible for that could see: a pale, almost shining, wraith-like creature that seemed to draw the shadows to her like a lodestone attracting metal flakes. Her mantle blossomed around her, sealing her in a bubble of rich plum scent.
    Freya Stray
    Darkling: Palewraith |Spring Mantle 3 (Heady scent of plums)
    WYRD 3| Health: 7| Willpower: 5 | Glamour: 7| Striking Looks 2: "Ethereal"

2. Likes liked this post

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

Truly, she is terrifying, but their is a Savage beauty to her.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Freya entered the club with a sense of purpose, foregoing caution as a means to allow herself to be noticed, but her progress was slow, as the subdued nature of the venue intrigued. Looking to the stage, a faint smile alighted the Hunterheart's lips, as she noted the quality of the sound system and the stage itself.

I wonder if they have an Open Mic night?

Freya nearly turned heel to probe the the staff about the possibilty of playing a set herself, but thought better of it. Still, those who proved observant enough would see her gaze linger on the stage for a moment, her interest written plainly on her face.

Freya had dressed for the occasion as best she could, relying on input from Meg back at the house for guidance. She was dressed in a pair of distressed jeans with a simple black crop-top that exposed her navel and hinted at her more athletic physique. over the top she wore a brown leather jacket, and a pair of red Chucks completed the look. Her own handbag, a simple brown thing, was draped over her right shoulder.

For those who saw only the Mask, Freya's locks flowed freely, cascading to her shoulders, and her makeup was subdued, much like the venue itself. Freya had done so against Meg's suggestion, who preferred going 'full glam', as she called it. Now as she looked to the venue, she knew her decision had been the right one. In doing so, Freya looked like she belonged, at least in her mind. The Beastly Beauty bore smoky eyes to accentuate the blue of her irises, but little else. However, the Mask was not hardened and her Mien was clear to all who could see it, allowing them to view the savage bird-woman in all her feral beauty. The smoky eyes remained, adding some civility to the wilder grace of her true self.

As she acclimated to the environment, Freya's hawk-like eyes surveyed the room, eventually landing on the delicate wraith thing seated in the far corner. So she approached, quietly making her way around the room before finally stopping by the seating.

"Hoping this doesn't come off as awkward, but I think we spoke on the phone?"
    Wyrd: 2 | Mantle: 1 (Spring)
    Mantle: The light scent of apricots

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

Very much like her Mask. However, her skin takes on a more reflective, rubbery texture and she appears... thinner... with limbs that are slightly too long and thin for her general proportions. There is also faint traces of webbing between her fingers and toes.

+1
    SL
    PRE

Ingrid look up. And down. She dangerously spread herself out as she placed her phone on the table before her. Then she gave an almost shy grin.

"Well look at you!" The Darkling purred. "You're Freya, right? Freya of Chicago fame?"

The scent of plum exploded around them as Ingrid's mantle shivered in excitement.

"Take a seat."

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

Freya's Mein is a hybrid between her mask and some hellish bird of prey. Her face is much like her Mask, save for the larger, saucer-like amber eyes that a more reminiscient of a bird of prey than a human being. Within her mouth, her lower and upper canines are also more prominent and elongated.

She bears no hair atop her head, boasting instead a short headdress of dark brown feathers. These feathers trail down her spine and along her shoulders and upper arms before erupting yet again along her thighs and rear. Freya's lower legs and forearms are scaly, not unlike the legs of a large bird of prey, and end in wicked talons which serve as her primary tools against her enemies.

+1
    SL
    PRE

The scent of plums was not missed by the feathered Beast before Ingrid. Freya would smile warmly at shy Darkling, simply nodding to confirm her identity.

"Mhmm, that's me. And you are...?"

Freya had been given the number when she made her intention to move to Sacramento, but the details of the contact itself were a mystery. Still the pale Darkling seemed kind enough and thus the Hunterheart sit as she was bidden, the deep brown crown of feathers upon her head and on her neck ruffling slightly as she got comfortable. Setting her phone to mute, she placed it within her bag and the bag on the table before them. Freya wanted it clear that the wraith had her full attention.

Leaning back she'd rest her back comfortably into the chair, folding her taloned hands together.

"Thank you, by the way. It's always hard finding new friends when you pick up roots. I'm thrilled you agreed to meet me so soon."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Ingrid."

The Darkling replied. She shifted again in her seat, focussing her attention on the Beast kith in front of her.

"Glad to hear it. I'm sure there is quite a diverse crew just waiting to meet you. I'm club president so I can give you the lay of the land, so to speak. And its no trouble. No trouble at all. Its better than having you wander around getting into all sorts of trouble, right?"

"So what can I tell you?"

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

+1
    SL
    PRE

Freya watched as the Darkling shifted in her seat. Such a nervous little thing. Ingrid's behavior caused momentary concern to alight the bird-thing's near-human face, but then... Darklings did not often like constant attention in the Hunterheart's experience.

Ingrid.

Freya let the name play in her mind, committing it to the face she saw before her.

As the plum scented Darkling spoke of a diverse Freehold, Freya smiled and her expression warmed. It seemed this was going well. A gentle chuckle sounded from the Beast's mouth as Ingrid described herself as a 'club president', but the code's true meaning wasn't lost on her.

"In that case, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance." Freya purred, her kind voice possessing a sense of formality. She paused for a moment, letting her nigh-unblinking eyes hold their gaze on Ingrid for a moment. Then a slight bow of reverence before quietly slipping back into her more casual pose. They were still amongst the humans, it was best not to invest in too much formal before or, at least, that was Freya's view.

Then came the question. What could Ingrid tell her? For this, Freya took a moment to collect her thoughts, taking the time to format her answering as precisely as she could manage.

"I only sought to make myself known, Ingrid,"
    Freya cooed, "However, if it suits you, you can tell me how I can serve. It was my hope to serve in a capacity to soothe. To comfort." The Beast's tone had turned almost motherly by this point, portraying her genuine desire.

Then a glance to her clawed hands.

"To protect... when necessary."

She let the statement sit. All three were aspects of the Durance. The safeguarding of the Matron of the Black Wood's horrid young, the Hunt to feed their ravenous appetites, and the motherly comforts she provided them that their creator could not. Freya did not like to think on those times, but there was value in how she had been forged. However, now she had the chance to use her abilities for the benefit of the Lost in order to safeguard her freedom while comforting others in their own journey.

"Failing that, I was hoping to meet more like myself. Lovers of Spring," Freya said, stating her allegiance plainly as she could,"Judging from your, uh, perfume, I think you may be among them and might guide me to others. I simply wish for them to understand another walks with them. Then, perhaps, I can make inroads here."

8. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

What passed as the Darkling's brows lifted.

"Soothe and comfort. And protect? Thats all good to know. I'm sure you'll fit right in on that score. You should track down Seraphina and Sasha. They... Have similar interests to you, if you know what I mean. As for the other. Well. Small club. Its handy to know who can, like, multitask. We have to look out for each other, right? Keep an ear out. I think we may be organising a little party for the... uh... common defence soon."

Ingrid paused to ensure their continued privacy as the band appeared on stage.

"We have an arrangement with Funderland. Its a little theme park next to the zoo. Surrounded in pleasant parkland. Do you like golf? There's a golf course right at hand as well. Hmmm. Thats a thought... for another day. Golf! Anyway! Yeah. So - we use the theme park as a go-to point. Its surrounded by woodland so there are plenty of little nooks, crannies, and... eh... those cute fairy doors if you know what to look for. We keep our little club spots around there... If you are looking for other, ah, safe spots - then track down Garden Grounds - Seraphina's thing - and the Blue Note, if you take your joy with a pill of secret sorrow."

She paused as the band played through its first song. The Darkling was not going to compete with loud music. Instead she took the opportunity to provide drinks for herself and her guest.

"I hold Court in a cute little tavern. You'll know it when you see it." Ingrid continued once the song was done. "Seraphina. I've told you about Seraphina? She has commitments like ours, too. I mean, she's Joyeux. Then there is the loveable Echo who is all random; never know what you'll get but you can be guaranteed of a good time. That rounds us out. Yeah - the other gangs are represented too. The Halloween set edge us out in terms of numbers, I think. I haven't checked recently. What can I say, I think the clubs on the rise, so to speak."

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

+1
    SL
    PRE

The bird-thing that was Freya smiled gently. Ingrid's words painted her as an effective leader, despite her shyness. Already she was identifying others who could help to arrange for a life here that befit the Hunterhearts interests.

Seraphina and Sasha.

Again, a brief commitment of names with the internal promise to listen for them later. If Ingrid felt they would make Freya feel welcome and compliment her own skillsets, it was worth investigating. Then Ingrid spoke of the Spring Court directly, emphasizing the need for them to work together due to their smaller size.

"A meeting sounds like an excellent idea. We could eventually turn the tide of the conversation as well, see what other ways we can help one another. As you say, it is good to see who can multi-task."

As the little wraith looked about to ensure they were still unnoticed, Freya patiently waited for her to be ready to proceed. She allowed her eyes to wander yet again, briefly resting on the features of the room. The bar, the staff, and, eventually, the stage. When Ingrid spoke up yet again, the bird-woman returned her attention to her Monarch. As Ingrid spoke of Funderland and certain notable locations, Freya nodded, listening with intent.

"It's good to hear this networks contracts are beneficial to it on the whole. The arrangement sounds like quite the boon and the park and woodlands must be lovely, its good to get away from the city now and then, don't you think? As for golf, not a fan myself. More of music gal myself, so this... this is nice. I once snuck into a course after dark though. When it was shut down, there wasn't much light. You could see the stars much easier. It was lovely... as for the club spots, I hope to be given the opportunity to see them soon. I might take a rain check on the Blue Note for now."

We all have sorrow. We can learn from it without the escalation.

Then the band started to play. Freya's eyes roved over the band, watching them pluck away at strings and play their instruments with care and a love that only enthusiasts could appreciate. After all, this venue seemed geared towards the experience of listening to the music. It only made sense that the bands that could play here were enthusiasts as well. Listening to the honeysweet vocals of the band's first melody, Freya leaned forward, gently resting her chin on one of her clawed hands. When it was over, the Beast leaned back yet again. Back to business, but the contented smile brought on by the performance remained upon her lips.

Freya was not picky. She'd allow her host to provide whatever drinks she felt was appropriate. As they waited and Ingrid spoke more plainly, the Hunterheart leaned closer so as to protect their privacy.

"I look forward to court then. Judging from tonight, you have excellent tastes in venues, I'm sure the tavern is no exception."
    Freya listened to Ingrid as she spoke of the Spring Court's membership, nodding politely to indicate that she understood as she spoke of Seraphina's commitments as Joyeux, "They sound lovely, I hope to meet them soon, Seraphina's schedule permitting of course. It's good to hear Echo likes a little variety. If everything was the same all the time it'd seem a little... stagnant, y'know?"

She'd chuckle at 'Halloween set', it was a decent code for their brethren in the Autumn Court.

"A shame their dominating. Life wasn't meant to remain in fear, there are greater purposes, but... I'm certain they have their place. However, I'm glad to here all the courts are represented and, as you say, our own is on the rise."

A small encouraging ridge spreads across the woman's mouth. After all, she wanted Ingrid to know she was more than just a legbreaker. She was a warrior by breed, but the spirit called for something else.

"As I've said, I can protect when needed, but I'm more than just muscle... If you ever need my other talents in music to... lighten gatherings, you need only let me know. It would be shameful for me to hoard my talents and I have no intent to do so."

Retainer
    Ingrid
    Ingrid

Mein

+1
    SL
    PRE

"Musician?" Ingrid's eyebrows wiggled expressively. "You should definitely stake out Garden Grounds. They do a mean open mic."

She paused to whet her lips, sound pleasantly washing over her. The drink kept her from saying too much about the Autumn Court. Her battle with Luci had left her scarred and bruised.

"We keep to the cycle of the seasons here. We don't really have major gatherings until... you know... the four big dates when the crowns swap. Thats like our social calendar. If there is a need, there will be a gathering. Place and time? I get the word out. The club house is not big. Not yet. I hear rumours that is going to change soon and we'll be staking a claim in the Hedge."

With some effort, Ingrid suppressed a giggle and carefully placed down her drink.

"The Courts are seasonal. Their changing power is balanced by our clubs more permanent staff: the prez, the notary and the groundskeeper. Sasha looks after the notary stuff - monitoring the major Pledges and so on. The Groundskeeper was, like, go-to guy for security. Its currently vacant but I'm in the process of getting it filled."

A.K.A. Freya Bloom
    Striking Looks
    (Intense)
    Contacts
    (Entertainment, Clubs)
    Expression
    (Guitar)
    Brawl
    (Tooth and Claw)
    Freya

+1
    SL
    PRE

Freya's crown feathers pricked up lightly in excitement as Ingrid mentioned the open mic. She would leave the matter for another time, of course. There were other things that needed to be discussed tonight, but her smile may well have told the Verdant Soveriegn she had every intent of seeking out the grounds soon. At once it would allow Freya to meet Seraphina and also allow her to engage in one of her passions: music.

As Ingrid took in her drink, an expression of realization spread over the bird-thing's face, prompting her to drink from her own until-this-point untouched drink.

When the conversation turned to the Freehold and the exchanging of the courts, Freya again offered a nod and a smile. The percieved informality and freedom of the growing Freehold was agreeable to the Hunterheart. The Freehold was growing and they would need to stake a claim in the Hedge soon. It made sense, if representatives from all four courts were present, it meant the Freehold was sizable enough at that point to warrant some need to hide within Sacramento's Hedge.

It's better that way...

Man doesn't need to know what we are. What we fight. The Hedge can let us be more open.

It was likely that wouldn't happen until the Groundskeeper was selected, of course. It sounded like an important position and security, especially when it came to claims in the Hedge, was incredibly important. Still the idea of being able to more freely be herself was exciting. Freya enjoyed the company of the PieCakeTV house members, but they would never understand her to the level fellow Changelings could grow to. It was a peculiar thing to feel alone in a house full of people.

"Here's hoping your search is fruitful then. It would be better for the clubhouse to be a little more... private. Let's us be ourselves a little more openly, y'know." Freya offered another smile. Genuine with a hint of hope sparkling in the back of her hawk-like eyes. The future seemed bright for Sacramento and she wanted to be part of it.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread