THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 2 of 2 First 1 2

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

'Sorry, perhaps I left too much room for interpretation there.' It was indeed just an interest, but it should be no big deal. It is not as if that's why Cynthia would be a good Dragon.

'It never came up for me, for some reason. But indeed, it is at least helpful to understand that change is possible. And that is a clear sign to others - even though tattooing is of course no specific trait of our Order.'

That said, it could easily become a possible symbol for their growing "secret society".

It seems they're getting ahead of themselves, though. 'Anyway. I'm curious to hear how your thoughts have progressed, Cynthia. On joining the Academy and dedicating your unlife to the Great Work. For that is what it means to become a Dragon.' His gaze pierces through the darkness. The darker parts of the park are utterly deserted at this time of the night.

'We live by the "Principia Draconis", rules laid down by our renowned leader. The short version: One, a Dragon has no loyalty above his or her studies. Two, a Dragon must understand, accept and embrace purposeful change. Three, a Dragon is responsible for all she is and all she does.' The Dragon Lord recites them with great ease.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

"Its not a problem." Cynthia said, waving off the concern. It was not the worst misunderstanding she had encountered. "And of course they are. Honestly I'm not sure what though. If I knew I would have gotten another one already. Tattoos are not easy to get rid off once you get them." She was actually unsure how one of the Kindred actually dealt with tattoo removal.

"All things change." The haunt added with a shrug at the Ventrue. "As much as living and dead alike would like otherwise."

And straight to business. Aaron did not play around. "I figured that was why I was called here tonight." The goth picked up the pace, making sure she was in step with everyone else. "Wouldn't be here if I wasn't considering it." Her gaze followed van Valens to the darkness, curious for a moment for onlookers before drifting back to the Dragons. "Well well, all those sound simple enough. Which probably means the exact opposite in reality."

L
    Lina Moretti

"It is," Lina agreed to that last part with a little chuckle as she moved the zipper up her jacket to the halfway point. "But of course, I figure you knew that. The reason I'm here tonight, aside from a pleasant hello and getting to know you, is because I'd like to pose a challenge to you. One that I think will illustrate things for us, and also demonstrate for you one of the key lessons any would-be Dragon must know."

She gestured to Aaron gently. "You see, what we do is, in the end, a science. We all do what we do in somewhat different ways, but if we can't demonstrate a method, we'd never be able to teach each other anything. To be able to do that, you have to show your work and show Change -- but the first step is toobserve."

Lina smiled past Cynthia to her coteriemate.

"So, I'd like you to watch carefully, throughout the course of the night. I want you to note how I change as this conversation progresses. As we move, as we discuss things. Observation isn't just for the obvious, like the way I moved my zipper up a second ago, though those gross physical changes should be noted and recorded. Emotions matter too. Physical status. Mood. Pleasure, displeasure, or even going from happy to just content -- the small things all count. Even the smallest change may signify something important, so I want you to assess me in my current state, and then I want you to note the differences. You down?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

It is no surprise Cynthia figured the purpose of this meeting, for Aaron had told the Haunt he would contact her soon. He's glad she's still considering it, however. She could have come out of courtesy, to politely decline. 'Glad to hear it.'

He listens to Lina then, probably with as much curiosity as Cynthia. He did not know she would test the Haunt like this. But they're good basics, even without moving to the next step. Recognizing the differences is just one part of observation. Finding out what they signify is a follow-up, though perhaps not entirely applicable to this situation. Since the Grand Wyrm is taking an active role in being observed.

He waits for Cynthia to reply, before continuing on about their basic rules. If she's down, they should just continue their conversation normally, with this layer of observation in the background.

'There's more to the principles than might seem at first. They're not there to trick you, rather, to protect you. The first one is there to remind you to live for your own goals, not someone else's. While we have the title "Slave" for Kindred that have not yet undergone their first Change, no Dragon should ever be a slave to someone else.'

Aaron thinks of the next thing to explain, but then figures that lecturing her on Covenant rules here in the park would help her little with a decision. 'Is there anything you wish to know, before we continue? I'd gladly debunk or - maybe - confirm some of the myths surrounding the Order.'

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

The goth slowly nodded after a moment, eyes quickly scanning the woman up and down along the way. "Very well. I'll give it a shot." As far as challenges go, this one sounded fairly simple. But she also recalled what she had just said only moments ago. Especially with every single action now monitored by Cynthia. "Aaron did mention methods when we last sat down and talked. What are yours exactly?" She asked.

A frown was forming. "Well. I suppose I'll ask the obvious. What do you mean "First Change?' You really call newcomers Slaves?" A hint of apprehension was starting to reveal itself. The haunt had not stayed independent for so long just to be shackled, even with her growing interest and the Ventrues reassurances to the contrary. "And protect me from what exactly?"

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina gave Cynthia a thumbs up, relaxing in her body language. As Aaron mentioned the title 'Slave', Moretti tensed a little. "It's an old tradition, passed down by the ancients, so. It's old-timey, for sure, and I sure as shit don't see newcomers as being muahaha-my-minions. Nor should I, because our first loyalty is to their studies, and that includes the newbies. It's interesting, though. The global organization is organized around the idea of standing being determined in part by the number of major Changes you have been able to effect on yourself. There are, actually, some very old members who don't make a change at all. Some of them gain significant standing through other means, and are important regardless of part of their title being 'Slave'." She shrugged. Obviously, Lina didn't think it was a big deal. "For comparison, Aaron and my simplified title is Supplicant. The definition of that word isn't too polite either. The titles get more and more epic the more Change you can demonstrate."

The little investigator took her second question as well.

"The Changes we're referring to are permanent, beneficial shifts in your condition. They're challenging to accomplish, because our bodies and Beasts are pretty set - but part of it is mental, too. You have to know how to actually get yourself ready to do it. So usually, people who join the order find a mentor who helps them figure out where they want to go. The methods of how you get there are proprietary to our organization, of course - but, for example..."

She stepped away, pulled out her lighter and began flicking it next to her eye. Flick, flick, flick, flick, flick, flick, the fire provoking the Fear. Her eyes widened. Her teeth grit. Her pupils dilated. Lina Moretti was deliberately inducing frenzy in herself, and as the Frenzy began to take hold, the lighter fell from her hand to the ground --

--and then suddenly, it stopped. She settled, her body and Beast calming as the Coil tightened around it.

"I am in control. It is not left to chance. That was my first Change. That's what we mean. A major overcoming of a flaw of our condition."

She bent to pick up the lighter, and put it back in her pocket.

-1 Willpower to demonstrate Coil of the Beasts.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

As it appears that Aaron's short explanation only raises more questions, he lets Lina do the talking. He is just not so subtle, and not always so convincing. Unless he needs to be.

'Indeed. We use our full titles as indicators to where we stand in our path to transcendence. They are more a way to quickly share information about each other and less an indicator of who can boss around who.' That is really way more complicated. That said, having an "epic" title does come with some privileges usually.

When Lina readies herself for a demonstration, Aaron takes a few steps back. He can clearly see that fire is coming, but fire is fire. And his Beast is still shaken up from the encounter with that other capital 'F' Fire.

But the Grand Wyrm knows what she's doing. She challenges herself like she has probably done countless times. With a smile, he steps closer again as soon as she is done.

'My change is harder to demonstrate. But I've worked to overcome our dependency on Blood, requiring less of it to rise every night.'

Page 2 of 2 First 1 2
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.