Watch

Perception and Observation

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
    L
    Lina Moretti

Capitol Park.

A single lamp illuminated the park bench where Lina Moretti sat, wearing a simple pair of blue jeans, nice runners and a black tank top under a leather jacket. She had a big knife sheathed plainly on her belt, open carried; such was the law in California, and the fact that she had a big ol' Bowie strapped to her hip would do wonders to discourage the kinds of hooligans that frequented parks late at night to fuck around with their party.

She had let Aaron drive. The Mommymobile was actually pretty comfortable, as things went, and she had wanted to think and remember her first lessons - for that was what this was about. Meeting, determining suitability, determining fit. Aaron had said good things. Now it was time to see for herself.

"We're early," she muttered to the Ventrue, glancing over at him. "You all set?"

Dark Passenger @Darksider42

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

Aaron was moderately surprised by the display of a big knife, but is otherwise completely fine by it. He had his greatest weapon ready for use too: his mind.

It makes him perfectly comfortable in the ominous park setting. Excellent for a possible initiation in a secret club. He went for a dark black leather look.

For now he chooses to stand in front of the bench, facing Lina and thus keeping his eyes on the other side of the park.

'Yes, all set. I wonder how the idea of joining developed for Cynthia Weiss , over the last month since we spoke.'
    He hopes he made the right call to approach her with the proposal.

'Let's see.'

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia was stalking the pathways of Capitol Park. The task of being Priscus was slowly starting to get to her, the near quiet of the park helped her calm down. The distraction from what she was about to do was going to be needed.

A few minutes in and she spied two figures on a bench. The mere sight of them was enough to cause the Beast to snarl cower from behind the veil that hid it from the other kindred. After the eipsode pasted, she slowly began her approach. It was casual wear tonight, Black Jeans, jacket and a pair of knuckle dusters stuffed into her pockets. There was the temptation to go with the hooded robe look to fit the secret society vibe she got from the Dragons, but she was certain that would dash any hopes she had.

That and such a thing would stick out like a neon sign in this day and age.

"Evening." She said with a smile as she came into view.

4. Likes Dark Passenger liked this post
    L
    Lina Moretti

Lina gave only a solemn nod in reply to Aaron's remark as she spied the coming Nosferatu Priscus. She rose from the bench, approaching and offering a certain smile right on back. Her hand reached to shake Cynthia's. There was something so easy about it, with her Beast silent; with only the familiar monster in Aaron's Vitae rattling against the chains of the Coil, it was becoming an easy -- oh damn, was that ammonia?

Schooling her face, Moretti said, "Lina Moretti. It's great to finally meet you. Mr. van Valen has told me good things about you."

She gestured down the path.

"Shall we walk?"

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

Aaron's voice is usually quite flat and emotionless, almost rusty, but he tries to make up for this with his facial expressions.

PRE

It was not long before the toxic Haunt came closer. Aaron had not realized that Lina had actually never spoken to the woman. Which makes this small gathering in the park all the more exciting.

'Hello.' He says plainly. He smiles however, and greets Cynthia with a polite nod.

As the Grand Wyrm suggests they step into the darkness, Aaron takes the lead. The next lamp is visible in the distance, but to be entirely comfortable he enhances his sight without much thought.

'Your interests in fine art, music and tattooing, mainly. I do not want to take all opportunity away to have you introduce yourself.'
    She should not be surprised the Dragons had exchanged basic information. Nevertheless, Aaron had not repeated their entire conversation. She could explain her own philosophies better than he did.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:
    The fowl scent of toxic chemicals follow Cynthia wherever she goes. Everything from Ammonia to Sulphur seems to cling to her.

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

Cynthia's hand gripped Lina's and shook it. The air was already starting to grow polluted from just her presence. "Same. Great to finally talk face to face." The Goth admitted. She looked down the path and nodded before following the assembled Dragons into the darkness. "Certainly." The small amount of space seemed to keep the air somewhat cleaner.

The haunt looked at Aaron with a raised eyebrow. "Oh dear. And here I was thinking I got your attention with my charming personality." The goth laughed. Her face settled into a smirk. "How are you two this evening anyway." She asked. There was at least some time for a little small talk.

L
    Lina Moretti

Lina smiled politely and shook before releasing the hand and stepping off at a leisurely pace. "I can't complain. It's always nice to meet someone with similar interests," she said vaguely. "A tattoo artist, hey? I like that. You ever do any on one of ours?"

One of ours. A Dragon? A vampire? However she took it was fine by Moretti. She was simply curious to see if Cynthia had a sense of the potential for changing even the most stagnant of beings through her art.

Presence
    (Confident)
    Status
    (Academics)
    Aaron van Valen

PRE

As the two shake hands, Aaron keeps his own wisely folded behind his back.

He shrugs playfully, 'Well... also.' In all fairness, it was her friendliness that first got Aaron to consider her. But there is so much more obviously.

'Doing quite alright. As I'm feeling more settled I can happily say my nights have continued to be busier.'
    Clearly, the Lord is not one to sit back and relax. 'But I would make time for a meeting like this anytime.'

He is curious to learn Lina's thoughts on tattoo's. 'I would definitely be interested.'

Presence
    (Confident)
    Striking Looks
    (Hot Goth)
    Obfuscate
    (Mask of Tranquillity)
    New Identity
    (Elise White)
    Cynthia Weiss

Nosferatu Curse:

+1
    SL
    NOS
    PRE

She smiled again. "Ah, good to know. And I know the feeling. Surprised I can keep track of anything going on in the world at times."

There was a pause, Cynthia slowing down slightly as confusion started to take hold. "Tattoo Artist? No." She shook her head. "I am a painter and I have an interest in tattoos. But I have never committed anything to flesh before. I wouldn't mind learning at least." She admitted. Did Aaron misinterpret interest for skill? Or did he talk her up before the others? "Plus I've been meaning to go under the needle again at some point."

L
    Lina Moretti

"My bad," Lina replied, slowing her pace. "I must have misunderstood. Sorry about that." She glanced over at Cynthia, conciliatory. "Still, they're awesome. What would you get if you got a new one?"

Wasn't a tattoo on a Kindred just an unsubtle act of Transcendence? The will to change oneself from the state of permanence that the Curse put on her was, at its essence, something valuable and beautiful to the Ordo Dracul.

"I've never had one done. But I know a lot of guys in our study group who do. Apparently it's helpful to what we research?"

Page 1 of 2 1 2 Last
Closed Thread

Members who have read this thread : 18

You do not have permission to view the list of names.