Watch

(0818) A quiet place

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

A hand scratches at the growing beard. Felix has a point, well caught. Chris pushes himself from the ground and takes a moment to stretch. "Ah hunting. Well I have mostly been hunting across downtown Sacramento." There's a pause and the Irraka starts to pace.

"I ah hm. My family reached out recently and told me that they wanted to expand into Sacramento. That's how I stumbled across Felix with Hector. I was getting a suit fitted as that's the sort of business my family back home is in." He stops and looks around. "Sorry, it's all above board. Don't worry on that end." Then resumes his pacing. "It will give me the opportunity to possibly talk with some movers and shakers around town with time."
    Irraka Blood Talon:

2. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Irraka Iminir | Cunning ●● Honour ●
    Presence
    (Watchfull)
    Danger Sense
    Trained Observer
    Trained Memory
    Roach

Contacts: Street, Criminals, Charities
    Allies: Street ●
    Allies: Criminals ●
    Stats / Common Equipment

Quick Draw (Knives)
    Fleet of Foot 3

Backpack w/ small amount of clothes
    Cell, Reinforced Cloths (Jacket), Bowie Knife.

PRE

Roach could say something poetic and beautiful here, could open up to these Uratha, this potential Pack. She wants to swallow the words about broken walls and open skies.

It would be an in for shrink wolf. But, whatever she'd say or not say'll get digested by Queen. Who'd tear words from the air and put them into her mouth. Stitching them on her tongue, and nodding in her self-importance as they're spewed all over her fucking smiling face.

"I haven't spent much time here yet." she opens, choosing her words like she used to. "I'm still learnin' the streets, the paths. The currents."

Open, without opening herself up. Looking at Queen from under her fringe she wondered how long this'll last.
    Irraka Iminir | Primal Urge ● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

4. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily smiles at Val's comment. "Not on purpose! I was just lucky that day."

The Ithaeur listens to the stories, being uncharacteristically quiet. She nods along to both Felix and Chris' explanations. So Felix is... very Meninna. And suit fitting? Business district? Chris is fancy. We should talk more. The smoke from her shrinking cigarette coils up around next to her.

She takes another drag and looks around. "Well, most folks know what I do, but for Felix," the Ithaeur nods at the balding man, "I'm a mechanic. Good one. As for hunting...um..." she looks thoughtful. My next lay? Being a good Ithaeur? Echo? My next night out? Keeping the pack together? After a few seconds she says, "Well, I kinda just hunt whatever feels natural. If I have a need, I chase it. If I'm hungry, I hunt for food. If I need company, I seek it out. If I need a drink, I go for one. If I need to figure out a new Rite, I try and learn it." Emily shrugs and extinguishes the cigarette in the dirt.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

6. Likes , Cayce, liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector grunts appreciatively as Felix outlines his personal position.

"Hmm. Me? Urban wolf. Scavenger, mostly. On two legs or four it doesn't matter. Sometimes having the four helps, makes things more... palatable. But I haven't really hunted as in, proper hunt, for a long time. Would be good. Sometime."

He flashed a grin.

He looked about the gathering, noting how none of them had broached the subject. Once he may have sighed, but not now. His nostrils flare and he huffs quietly.

"So. I gotta ask. Clarion Call is pack. And there is five of us." At this point he was still counting Viola. "Now I don't care if you wish to join us and form one great pack; or if some of you..." The newcomers. "Want to build your own legend and tend your own territory. Ultimately, that choice is yours..."

"Clarion Call holds territory for Necessary Guile, our totem. I'm Alpha and Tristan is my beta. He's an Elodoth and has an actual job among the herd, so his insights are pretty valuable. Then there is Chris and Emily. Viola is our Rahu and she is prowling somewhere as we speak*. Our territory is downtown and a few around it; its pretty fluid right now - for a long time it was just us so we really didn't need to worry about such things."

Hector kept his voice friendly. There was no need to threaten on this Tur; not when this was a welcome and nothing was set in stone.

NOTE: Viola's leaving thread is on-going as we speak. It is not in Continuity.
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

8. Likes Cayce, liked this post

Half Moon Iminir
    (MD)
    Primal Urge
    Honor
    Wuffy Shrink

PRE

Welp, she definitely hadn't been asking about money, but Mr. Receded Hairline seemed more interested in interpreting what she she said in the absolute worst light possible. And, unfortunately, he wasn't alone. Queen's eyes tracked to Merekith, Hardt, and Roach. Yeah. She'd been getting that a lot, lately. They were lucky she wasn't your average Storm Lord, or she'd be calling Felix out right, saying something dripping with aggression, like, How dare you accuse me of not knowing what a proper hunt is! For this disrespect, I will bit off your testicles! Or something equally roid-ragey.

Thankfully, though, Val was a better wolf than that!

Instead, she pondered what Hector was saying. Break up into two packs, or form one?

"If the Hisil is as bad as you say, and I, of course, don't doubt that," Val declared after a moment, her voice serious, her smile subdued, "then I think it makes the most sense to join together as one pack, one family beneath Luna's light. With more of the People, your pack, perhaps our pack, can cover more ground. Expand the territory. From what you've all said, our personal Hunts cover a wide range, from local wildlife, to crime, to health, and to business. Together, I believe we'll be able to make Luna proud."

Her little speech done, Val put her legs back under her and stood up, the smile returning once more. Iminir wasn't about mastering others; Iminir was about mastering the self, and no matter how the others reacted, she was proud.
    Dr. Valentina Queen, MD.
    Elodoth Iminir, Honor 3, PU 3

10. Likes liked this post

Chris Laurent

Irakka Blood Talon

PRE

A nod shows that Chris is listening as Roach shares her bit. Makes sense, new. The Irraka holds out a closed fist for Emily to bump after she says her piece. That's a good way to roll. Drinks though, that night got weird. But hey whatever floats people's boats. As Hector talks Chris stops pacing and listens.

Hector's offer to let the newbies form their own pack surprises Chris and it shows on his face. The Cahalith doesn't always feel like a Cahalith. That or the non-Talon ones can be sneaky too. More nods as Hector and the Doc speak. Head doc right? Words sound about right.
    Irraka Blood Talon:

F
    Felix Grey

Felix pondered the ragged alpha's question.

He would let the prim and trim doctor state her case, but frankly the irritance of the balding wolf was plain. He didn't interrupt of course, that was not his way. Hector had opened up the floor to newcomers and it would be disrespectful to not allow her to finish.

Why the irritation? Felix wasn't sure himself. Dalu or no it could have been her nice hair, her professional attitude, or maybe it was just her smile. Felix didn't think people usually smiled that much. And this woman stunk of the Herd. Why was she hiding from Purity? From being Uratha?

Another huff emanated from the dour Meninna's nose as he rose to his feet. Valentina seemed to have selected this as a means of indicating when each was ready to speak. After he rised, the Meninna scratched his head, finalizing his thoughts before finally speaking.

"Pros and cons to both." The statement was simple, to the point, "On one hand, a great pack would mean a large territory yes. On the other, to say it could be larger than those combined from two seperate packs may not be true. One hand, we can better shape the Hisil. The other? We are beholden to a single alpha. A single Totem. The power from two of eachshould not be ignored. Two packs could benefit the region as well as one. Either way, we are all one family under the eyes of Mother Luna. All her children. How we divide does not matter to Her nor the spirits of Hisil."

The last statement may be construed as a dig at the Doctor's earlier statement and perhaps in some ways it was, but Felix's main aim wasn't to chastise. It was to educate. However, Valentina had left one threat and boon unsaid in her statement, one that Felix felt needed to be addressed before the group made any commitments.

"But I hold this to be true. I've seen many ties between packs of the Urdaga fray due to petty disputes. This has made them weak to the Hunt of the Anshega," He let the statement hang for a moment, "The Anshega will return to Sacramento. To the Tur. It is their way. Perhaps one great pack would allow us to better fight against them. Better organize."

He then rested his eyes on the Doctor who had spoken before him. He gave her a nod, almost in approval despite his agitation towards her mannerisms. On the whole, they seemed to agree on a central part and the dirty wolf offered his cleaner kindred a small smile.

"But this is the opinion of two of the People. Two of many."
    He looked to the remaining, gathered Uratha, "The choice of pack is not to be taken lightly. We should all speak. Provide our thoughts. If union forms it must be ironclad. We will wither and fade without that consensus. This is not the words of doomsayer. It is truth."

Presence
    (Confident)
    Contacts
    (Clubs, Street)
    Striking Looks
    (Playful)
    Site
    (Makerith Motors)
    Emily Makerith

Emily Makerith Scenes
    Notes

Emily has several tattoos:
    - a sleeve of vines and flowers starting on her right shoulder and ending at her wrist
    - a collection of stars on her left wrist, tapering up her arm
    - flowers on her right foot around her ankle
    - A crescent moon on her left shoulderblade
    Emily Makerith Scenes

+1
    SL
    PRE

Emily's knuckles meet Chris' again. She gives him a smile. Yeah, we really should hang out more. Hmmm....

The surpise at Hector's suggestion of two packs turns to relief when Val thinks one would be better. It's too big. It's too hard right now for a small pack. I should probably say that. Felix sound like he's going to advocate a pair of packs before saying united would be better, and the Ithauer takes a deep breath.

"So, I dunno if any of you guys have looked across since you arrived in the city, but there's a lot going on, and very little of it good. Ths patch is pretty much the calmest there is, and that's kinda written into the creation of the Tur. I think. I think I heard that somewhere." She addresses the three new wolves, and scratches the back of her neck. "I don't think a pack of 3 could do well here yet. There's too much to fight off and you need more for that to do it well. And Felix is right about the Pure. Sooner or later someone will come to check on the fallout from their little Wild Rite experiment, if they weren't all wiped out too, And if it's sooner, I'd rather have a whole bunch at my back than one or two. I've lived with none and it's not pretty, and now I have a pack again and I don't think we need to squabble over territory or have another pack trying to carve a territory our of Azlu-infested Downtown and needing help every few days. We're better off together." She shrugs after saying her piece. Being center of attention was fine, but actually convincing people to do stuff? Whole other game.

She pulls a can of coke from her hoodie pocket and cracks it open, taking a small drink and wincing slightly. Hmm. Could do with some vodka for this time in an evening.
    Ithaeur Iron Master, Primal Urge 2

Presence
    (Watchfull)
    Danger Sense
    Trained Observer
    Trained Memory
    Roach

Contacts: Street, Criminals, Charities
    Allies: Street ●
    Allies: Criminals ●
    Stats / Common Equipment

Quick Draw (Knives)
    Fleet of Foot 3

Backpack w/ small amount of clothes
    Cell, Reinforced Cloths (Jacket), Bowie Knife.

PRE

Quiet after saying her piece she listens and watches the others.

First to the Alpha who's suggested it, "Do you want two Packs? Two divergent thoughts, ultimately after the same goal? Clarion Call is bound to Necessary Guile, working through downtown, taming and patrolling. A second Pack could take the outer ring from your territory, defend what's already been made right."

Murky eyes, of a hotdog water blue, take a tour around to those who don't yet claim a pack.

Felix. Irraka. Balding. Street stink. Pros and Cons.

Queen. Elodoth. Cunt. Unity. Makin' Mama Luna proud. Words that sound pretty, could be, but probably aren't. Bitch is still a cunt.
    Irraka Iminir | Primal Urge ● | Heath: | Willpower: | Essence:

15. Likes Xadun liked this post
    Presence
    (Intense)
    Danger Sense
    Fleet of Foot
    Hector
    Hector's Scenes
    Hector's Stuff

PRE

Hector doesn't reply just yet. He only grins.

He's got them thinking, after all.

Some Alpha's dominate. Some Alpha's lead from the front. Some Alpha's work all the angles. And some Alpha's do nothing apart from sit and grin like an idiot.

What kind of Alpha is he?
    Iron Master <<Farsil Luhal>> Cahalith

Primal Urge: ●●●

17. Likes , Xadun liked this post
Page 4 of 5 First 1 2 3 4 5 Last