Ended
Watch

(1809) Organization Consilium

THREADID
DISPLAYED
Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
    A
    Alastor

Alastor breaks from the group of Guardians to join the discussion, finding a chair which he reversed and sat down on. The debate was hot, as various people tried to go different ways with it. The majority appeared to be swaying toward Path Council, and that would be fine with the Arrow, but he didn't subscribe to this egalitarian notion that Apostates had any right to representation. This was the Pentacle.

"I'm perfectly content to be alone in this view," he started, "but I'm gonna talk about Order Council."

He glanced from each to each.

"Adamantine Arrow. Mysterium. Guardians of the Veil. Silver Ladder. And Free Council. These were not the classifications that we awakened to." He banged his fist on his chest, twice, over his heart. "These are the ideas we chose, as Pentacle Mages. The core philosophies that we committed to because we believe in it. The Orders should be selecting their representatives based on their belief systems. The Pentacle is defined not by Paths, but by five Orders, working together to make a better world. I always want to hear a voice from every Order on that Council. I do not want skilled politicians from across Paths shutting Orders out. I've seen Consilia where one or two Orders hold all the power through Path Councils."

He paused, letting that sink in.

"We can do better. Let's embrace the Pentacle as a way to lead, and make sure all five Order philosophies get heard. Because it's our Pentacle, and all five Orders working together is what makes that dream work."

Winter
    Presence
    (Stoic)
    Education
    (West Point Grad)
    Occultation
    Winter

Nimbus

Dark shadows scatter in ordered symmetrical patterns traversed by a crackling pallid silver light that wraps Winter in a pleasantly numbing and icy coldness.
    When vulgar magic is cast, the frequency of the oscillation of the dark fluid surges until the shadows arrange themselves in a solid black halo around Winter's head, the white light darkens into a fiery black sunlight and his eyes are set ablaze with vivid incandescence.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor: 1(General)/2(Ballistic)
    Defense: 3

Active Spells: 1/6
    Personal Spells: 1/3
    Incognito Presence (Mind 2) Rote, Scene, Pot[1]

OCC
    PRE

Five Watchtowers for the Five Oracles, the Noble blood of Atlantis, each one rooted in Supernal Truth. Four Orders and a motley of misfits. Four false thrones, praised by souls unworthy of the City... and the Visus Draconis, there they have stood since the years after the Fall, patiently waiting for the Anointed One. For this time, they'd have to endure. Endure, enduring grow strong.
    "Arrow...", blathering fool, you know nothing, he wanted to say. "I think it's a sensible proposal"

2 successes
    Date Action Roll Result
    2018-08-26 23:54:46 Winter rolls 4 to Lying (10 Again) 6, 9, 9, 3 2 successes

3. Likes Yumyumcrow liked this post
    J
    Juris

Juris' phone began to ring. It appeared to be urgent. "I'm so sorry, but I absolutely have to take this call. Please, continue the discussion without me."

With that Juris made his way out of Consilium to take that very urgent call.

Juris leaves the scene.

Langdon
    Doctorate
    Langdon

PRE

Having found a seat after nodding to several new mages Langdon watches first in aw at the new mage trying to take charge then Knot promptly lighting a fire. How in the hells did that man not awaken to Pandemonium? Unless the Oracles have a sense of humor? Maybe the domineering bastards back home knew this is what happens. Maybe this is what drove the Diamond to become the Pentacle.

Would this count as a betrayal to Campanella? Maybe. Maybe the next Mysterium meeting will be heated. The Stalker leans forward in his chair.

"I agree with Alastor, it is the philosophies that drive us. Something beyond our control shaped our Souls to something more. Then we added onto that shape." The irony of the words as a grey glyph cuts through reality alongside Landgon isn't beyond him. "Choice is what makes us better than Them. Better than the people who tried to break Time."

6. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, , liked this post
    Campanella
    Allies (City Hall)
    Allies (Criminal)
    Allies (Culture)
    Allies (Finance)
    Occult Skill
    Campanella
    Campanella
    Campanella's Scenes
    Stats

Clock

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 3/1

[2R] Analyze Artefact (Deep Scrutiny of Artefacts, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [4R] Dark Matter (Matter Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)
    [2R] One Mind, Two Thoughts (Prolonged, 1 scene)

Tangled Threads

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 4
    Defense 2

Vulgar +1
    Active Spells: 3/5
    Personal Spells: 1/3

[4] Aura Perception (Concentration, 1 scene)

[5] Third Eye (Mind Sight, Prolonged, 1 scene)

[2R] Unseen Aegis (Armor, 1 scene)

PRE

Campanella gave Langdon a coy smile that could have meant anything.

"Well... Path or Order... I think we can all agree that we need something that promotes harmony and stability while still allowing for robust debate. Whatever that takes, I still believe in Nebula's suggestion that the Cabals of this Consilium actually have a role besides being little cliques of friends and associates. Before we get too far ahead of ourselves, may I Kindly remind those gathered here that we are still at war with the Seers of the Throne."

He paused for effect.

"The Temporal conflict might be over - and the consensus is that we held onto a bloody draw at great cost. Now we still don't know where the Seers are. Or even who they are. Let alone their numbers and the resources at their disposal. To be frank I'm not even sure of our numbers or the resources this Consilium can lay claim to."

He shifted his weight, drummed his fingers on his chair.

"Before we drift off into working out our perfect little utopia, perhaps we should focus on clawing back some influence in this city from our enemies first?"
    Campanella|Moros|Mysterium
    Gnosis: 4
    Occult Skill: 3

8. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Presence
    Striking Looks
    (Curvy)
    Sand

Nimbus:
    Tiny sparkling particulates like dust motes are shed to reveal what is below. With vulgar magic, the shedding is more of a scouring and the motes obscure in the frenzy.
    Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Armor 0
    Defense 2

Vulgar 0
    Active Spells: 1/5
    Personal Spells: 1/2

[3] Supernal Vision (Rit)

+1
    SL
    PRE

Listening almost = talking re: difficulty level.

But PhD's = hard too & still accomplished.

By Path.
    Valid b/c everyone had one. Inherent 2 being here.
    Invalid b/c path did not define.

By Order.
    Valid b/c it was chosen belief.
    Invalid b/c not all had chosen. & That =/= lesser in this regard. Or should not.

By Cabal.
    Valid b/c same reason as Order.
    Invalid b/c same reason as Order + often temporary.

By democratic/Libertine Assembly.
    Valid b/c allowed for all 2/ voice & handled variation of Sacramento.
    Invalid b/c Democracy was an idealistic governing style w/ all the flaws of anything idealistic.

"In that thread, the Libertine Assembly would be the best route. It means we would be done here today and can move on to handling matters in the city. Whether that be through individual work that is brought back to the Consillium or through the joining up into cabals to tackle as a group. Each of the other options require an intermediate step of breaking into path/order/cabal first."

10. Likes Cayce, , liked this post
    S
    Samael

'The best argument against democracy is a five-minute conversation with the average voter.' This meeting was that conversation.

With Alastor's words struck a chord. It made sense. It eliminated concentrated power and kept the belligerent children quiet. Two additional Order Magi agreed to it. They could have their 'democracy'. At the end of the day, it would be those who got their hands dirty who would be counted among the Wise. He cast his lot with the Diamond. "I agree with the terms proposed by Alastor. A government of Councilors from each point of the Pentacle."

Campanella raised a valid concern, "I see your perspective, good friend, however," he paused for a moment to articulate. "If we do not establish some form of structure now, we will continuously find new reasons to have push the formation of government back until the End Times. Cabals have their place within an ordered society. If we are to strike a blow against our Oppressors, we need to do so with a powerful, closed fist, as opposed to many open handed slaps."

He looked to Sand, "You raise a fair point. It would be ideal." Again the Warlock paused, "It would be ideal, if certain elements were not chomping at the bit to undermine any attempt at organization." His baleful gaze focused directly upon Knot and Bacchus.

"As far as Cabals go, I repeat, they have a place here. I would even go so far as to suggest specialized Cabals. This way, we know who is dedicated to what task."
    He shrugged, "Hopefully, we can begin that conversation swiftly without further interruption."

Weavebreaker

Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow | Consilium

Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Ritual Spells Active

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9
    Current Scenes

The Descent of the Circle

Phantasmal Armor - 6
    Supernal Vision - 5
    Mage Armor - 3

Mana - 7
    Willpower - 6

All the Kings Men

Supernal Vision (Cloaked) - 5
    Transform Aura (Sleeper)(Cloaked) - 4
    Mana 7
    Witch Hunter

Health:
    Mana
    Willpower:
    Armor 2
    Defense 2

Vulgur Spells in Scene - 4 (+2 Paradox)

Spell Tolerance - 2 (@3(-1))
    Active Spells - 3/6
    Read Matrices - 1
    Unseen Shield - 3
    Reduced Friction - 2

PRE

"Why don't we try something?" Weavebreaker thought about the best way to word it.

"Path, Cabal, or Order. Why not speak about each." With a soft nod of her head she continued the train of thought. "That way we can view what each of us finds as the strengths of weaknesses for each of the following."

"For me, Cabal could work, but the number of Cabals is very small. Honestly I could see benefit in this situation, if the people that are here - without Cabals form some. Like two plus per Cabal."

"Operating with small number per group, with quite a groups holds advantages against an unknown enemy. Still I feel like it isn't a good way to go unless our current number of Cabals change."

"I like the concept of Paths, as it seems to provide the most representation. The issues are the numbers that some paths hold at times."

"I also like Order, but it does not provide the same representation as Paths, and it could still hold the same issue as Paths, with the numbers in the Orders at times."
    Weavebreaker didn't want to drone on, and tried to keep each of them short.

"So why don't we go around and see what each of our perceptions is for the strengths and weaknesses of Path, Cabal, and Order?"
    Obrimos | Adamantine Arrow
    Gnosis ●●● | WP ●●●●●●● | Mana 9(12/3)

Supernal Vision(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 10

Transform Aura(Cloaked)(Month)Potency 9

13. Likes Cayce liked this post
    Occultation
    Knot

Nimbus
    Knot appears, for a moment, as a marionette, roughly carved from wood and painted in a facsimile of life, bound up in a spiderweb tangle of it's own strings, that are pulled every-which way by unseen hands.
    General Stats

Health:
    Mana:
    WP:
    Defense: 6 (3)

Active Spells: 3 / 6
    Base Paradox: 2 die
    Personal Spells
    2e Fortune's Protection
    (potency 8, +3 defense)

Temporal Eddies
    (potency 1, mage sight)

OCC
    PRE

"How exactly," Knot asks Samael , "Is suggesting that we all gather and vote on things not an attempt to organize our community?"

"I agree with Campanella however, in that the bigger concern is not deciding who gets to sit on our thrones here in this building. Perhaps we should have two votes. The first being if the majority feel a structure is even needed, and then the second over what form it should take? If the people who want structure are outnumbered, then maybe it's in their best interests to form a cabal together to give them the structure they so ardently crave."

"After all," Knot says, "If a small group try to force people into something they don't want, all it will do is lead to trouble down the road."

You didn't need to be able to see the future to know that.
    Active Spells: 2e Fortune's Protection (Rote), Temporal Eddies (Improvised)

15. Likes Yumyumcrow, Cayce, liked this post
    N
    Nebula

Quietly sitting by the table Nebula contemplated the notion of smoking another cigarette. She heard Winter, Weavebreaker, Knot and the rest of the collection of awakened wisdom pouring forth. Some wiser than others. She could see the divide caused by the defensiveness of most Magi, the debate as something to be won and not something to participate and pitch in.

”Small correction Magus Winter.” Nebula interjected after her senior Guardian jabbed, maybe she herself a bit too eager to take the upper hand and get the last word.

“It’s Pentacle Consilium, not Diamond.” There was a briefly raised eyebrow and a small smile. A small gesture that meant.

“I’m pretty sure you don’t want to tear down a century old treaty between two of the biggest factions of Magi…” There she was, Nebula, in defense of the poor and the downtrodden. She finally decided she needed another cigarette.

The Guardians of the Veil were not a collection of mindless drones. Nebula had the tenets perfectly drilled onto her, she had no need to blindly follow someone else from her Order. She had passed her Black Veil already to know just how much leeway she was given, and besides the truth was that all thrones were false and all souls inherently flawed. She knew Winter knew that to.

In the end she knew: Magi around the table were just discussing how best they could cling to their hubris – Nebula hoped to take benefit of it in the short term, it would probably come in handy when she came in need of help to perform her order’s sacred work. Winter seemed to be entrenched with the establishment she could eventually become entrenched with the non-established.

”The Atlantean tradition is rich in examples of how Cabals became the pillars from which Awakened society flourished.” She would get grey hair from all this meaningless discussion. But in the meanwhile she would get another pull from the small white cylinder resting in her fingers.

”The orders will always exist and will always have a voice in our society.” Nebula pauses briefly, she shrugs. It was a basic assumption.

”Who is going to argue with the Arrow in the matters of war?”

“Or the Silver Ladder in regards to interpretation of the Lex?”
    Nebula raises her shoulders. It was pointless to have Councilors representing the orders.

”It’s for all the other issues outside the scope of the orders that we need someone to mediate conflict and define policy - wisely.” A brief pause.

”Something simple, we are only slightly more than a dozen, having five of us representing us seems to be excessive.”

“Small cabals with Sigil Holders to focus on specific portfolios and to represent them and one Hierarch to ensure wisdom prevails seems easy enough.”
    Wisdom should prevail.

Page 5 of 7 First 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 Last
Closed Thread